Usyk vs Gassiev SUPERFIGHT!

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most HWs will hardly land a glove on Usyk. Id put him straight in the top 5, no problems
I would put him in the top 5 too, I just don't think he'd run through everyone like some people seem to think. I would favor Wilder and Joshua to ko him. Fury would beat him as well, if he can get back to what he was before

which boxer at heavyweight is more skilled than usyk?

i agree that he would likely lose to AJ and wilder, but that's mostly due to AJs ridiculous size and wilder's retarded power. we don't know how big and strong usyk would be if he moved up, so it's just impossible to tell how he'd do. but if he put on size without deteriorating, he could take those guys to school. compared to him, almost everyone in the HW division looks like a staggering fool.
I never said anyone was more skilled than usyk at heavyweight. Gassiev is the one who's skills I questioned, and that got a lot of people triggered. Now people are getting triggered again even though my opinion is pretty much the same as yours, that usyk would do well but probably lose to aj and Wilder because of the difference in size and power. I only see usyk having an even harder time finishing fights at heavyweight than he does at cruiserweight. Rarely does the opposite happen, unless some special chemicals are involved

I would put him in the top 5 too, I just don't think he'd run through everyone like some people seem to think. I would favor Wilder and Joshua to ko him. Fury would beat him as well, if he can get back to what he was before

They’re the 3 guys he’d struggle with the most, especially fury imo. Watching Joshua struggle to close the distance against wlad makes me wonder whether he would catch usyk. It’s definately intriguing

They’re the 3 guys he’d struggle with the most, especially fury imo. Watching Joshua struggle to close the distance against wlad makes me wonder whether he would catch usyk. It’s definately intriguing
Yeah it would be interesting but Usyk would have a fairly significant reach disadvantage of 4 inches against Joshua. It just depends whether Joshua can cut off the ring with his feet enough to get in range.

You are right to a point, P4P means judging a fighter on how great their skills are and how they would carry over into a different weight class.

However this does almost always result in the lighter fighters being classed as better, they're faster, more agile etc etc so obviously skills alone, their bodies are more capable to execute slicker boxing moves ........ but then at the same time that's completely discounting the power and size of the CW's / HW's which make all the difference.

If you were going to use "P4P" I'd of said someone like Roy Jones was a good example, and he proved it by using his abilities at HW.

That said but Usyk is considered now in the top 5 P4P as a cruiser weight and Andre Ward before he retired was no.1 P4P and he was a light HW. The bigger men can get rated if they show the skills. When we see a CW like Usyk who pumps out a million punches in a 12 round fight we give him credit for having great cardio as a big man. The bigger men can still get rated for their abilities if they are above the norm for their weight. It's just like looking at the little guys and remarking on their power for their division. The might have power against someone of their own weight but they wouldn't do anything to HW.

Back