The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

A rain delay at Daytona. What a shock.

The Clash is back on Sunday where it belongs.

I don't know if this ok to post in here. I figured it was fine since people post NHRA stuff and most car guys will know Tom Bailey from Street Outlaws.

Last edited:
Nascar is ridiculous. People aren't watching because they think the sport is unsafe. They aren't watching because it's getting boring.

Yet for some reason they keep adding more rules to make it even more boring.

Build the cars up tough, quit making aerodynamics so important and go back to letting the guys be able to beat on each other on the track like it used to be. You know, the thing that actually made the sport popular to begin with.

The cars are tough. That is about the only improvement they have made with the newer gen cars. Pre-"car of tomorrow" you couldn't be competitive after scraping the wall.

Nascar mishandles the end of every race with throwing stupid cautions to add excitement. The last 2 races of 2016 had the leader dumped in a restart with only a few laps left. If you don't think that had a lot to do with Carl's retirement you're crazy. He probably destroyed his hauler once the camera's were off.

Crazy how 2 of Hendricks cars are 1st and second in qualifying Kasey Kahne 8th but Jimmy Johnson couldn't get into the top 12 to make the run for the pole.

The cars are tough. That is about the only improvement they have made with the newer gen cars. Pre-"car of tomorrow" you couldn't be competitive after scraping the wall.

Nascar mishandles the end of every race with throwing stupid cautions to add excitement. The last 2 races of 2016 had the leader dumped in a restart with only a few laps left. If you don't think that had a lot to do with Carl's retirement you're crazy. He probably destroyed his hauler once the camera's were off.

The cautions come because of crashes as the racing gets more frenzied at the end and all of the cars are in a tight group. Sometimes there are cautions because of debris that comes off of repaired cars or a driver might throw something out to get a caution. NASCAR has to put the race under caution when there is debris on the track because the leaders would hit it first and the whole field is coming into any crash at 200 mph.

The change in the rules about repairs to cars should keep damaged cars that might lose pieces off the track.

The way to keep the lead on a restrictor plate track is to block cars coming up on you. In the closing laps, the car behind won't stop when blocked and it will result in a collision. The vehicle that hits from behind can sometimes get by the car he hits.

I agree but the entire sport was built on tough men racing tough cars. They've gotten away from that image and are now just making rules to appease themselves without caring about what the fans think.

Carl sure did play it off well on camera after the race. I was expecting him to explode.

Crazy how 2 of Hendricks cars are 1st and second in qualifying Kasey Kahne 8th but Jimmy Johnson couldn't get into the top 12 to make the run for the pole.

Jimmie will probably be in the lead by lap 25.

The cautions come because of crashes as the racing gets more frenzied at the end and all of the cars are in a tight group. Sometimes there are cautions because of debris that comes off of repaired cars or a driver might throw something out to get a caution. NASCAR has to put the race under caution when there is debris on the track because the leaders would hit it first and the whole field is coming into any crash at 200 mph.

The change in the rules about repairs to cars should keep damaged cars that might lose pieces off the track.

The way to keep the lead on a restrictor plate track is to block cars coming up on you. In the closing laps, the car behind won't stop when blocked and it will result in a collision. The vehicle that hits from behind can sometimes get by the car he hits.

Thanks tips.

Jimmie will probably be in the lead by lap 25.

Hasn't Jimmie run at the back of the restrictor plate races until very late in the race to avoid the big wrecks? With points available at 60 and 120 laps for the top 10 cars the racing might get crazy sooner and it might be better to run even farther behind.

Hasn't Jimmie run at the back of the restrictor plate races until very late in the race to avoid the big wrecks? With points available at 60 and 120 laps for the top 10 cars the racing might get crazy sooner and it might be better to run even farther behind.

Oh, that's true. Jimmie's MO is to stay back. I got ahead of myself.

if naked chicks could be allowed to bolster their fading series, I would be in favor of it.
Brian France killed nascar

Watching Cup practice today. Not very far into practice Keselowski comes to the pits and the right rear brake rotor came out in pieces. He lost braking and had to make another lap. I thought they had dual braking. If that would have happened in the race he would have been out because it would take too long to repair. Now they have to figure out why it failed.

The dingleberries running NASCAR see the need to change rules up every year and that's why fans are dropping out. You can't keep up with what's going on.

They were trying some different brakes on Keselowski's car when the rotor failed. NASCAR is investigating because of safety concerns.

Last edited:
Back