The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

I thought they took the Gibbs splitters?

You are correct. The Penske splitters were taken at Michigan. We never heard any reason for that and we might not hear anything on the Gibbs splitters either.

Logano needed a Gordon-esque Budweiser shower.

Rosberg edges Hamilton for the pole in Brazil after Hamilton was fastest in the first two sessions. Vettel was over a half second slower than Rosberg.

Rosberg had him lined up but missed again

looking forward to the Haas effort next year with Ferrari supported 'power' units.
hope its the dawn of a new era of US based F1 participation.

The thing is, Graves, for how long will Gene Haas' wallet endure the high rolling expending customary from F1 without solid, long term sponsorship.

It's not the same ball game as in NASCAR, where he can afford (at least until next year) to pay a team out of his pocket, like he has done with Kurt Busch. He will need some support, or Haas II will suffer the same fate of Haas I.

IndyCar announced their 2016 season calendar:

March 13: St. Pete (street)
April 2: Phoenix (oval)
April 17: Long Beach (street)
April 24: Barber (road)
May 14: Indianapolis GP (road)
May 29: 100th Indianapolis 500 (oval)
June 4: Belle Isle @ Detroit (street)
June 5: Belle Isle @ Detroit (street)
June 11: Texas (oval)
June 26: Road America (road)
July 10: Iowa (oval)
July 17: Exhibition Place @ Toronto
July 31: Mid-Ohio (road)
August 21: Pocono (oval)
September 4: Boston (street)
September 18: Sonoma (road)

The races at New Orleans, Milwaukee and (sadly) Fontana are out. However, IndyCar returns to Road America and Phoenix, and adds a street course at Boston's Seaport District. There were talks for adding rounds at Mexico City (at Hermanos Rodriguez) and Gateway, but seems they might join the calendar in 2017.

F1 is the supremely expensive motorsport with most teams dependent on someone who manufacturers engines for their own teams. The engines they get aren't likely to be as good as the "company team" gets. Sponsors have to shell out a lot of money with very limited return, especially in the US where it isn't very popular. Sponsors can spend less and get more coverage in other forms of racing.

both new drivers bring substantial money from their own individual sponsors and I'm
guessing Haas has domestic sponsors lined up to help support what is admittedly perhaps the most expensive form of motor racing in the world.

hope it works out.

really digging the mexico circuit.
great design.
big crowds.
too bad driver/constructor is already decided.

Rosberg with another win in Brazil followed by Hamilton with Vettel 3rd. Mercedes is trying to ensure that Rosberg finishes second on the season.

NASCAR has a race in the desert and it gets delayed by rain.

With that long starting straight, the first corners should be very interesting. Vettel will be pushing hard to keep the Mercedes side by side and hoping they collide.

Vettel with a puncture on the first lap and spins on lap 18. Steve Matchett is beside himself with grief.

Richard Petty: NASCAR got it right suspending Matt Kenseth

Petty, the seven-time NASCAR Premier Series champion and co-owner of Richard Petty Motorsports, said Kenseth forced NASCAR's hand by flagrantly wrecking Logano. Kenseth put Logano's race-leading Team Penske Ford into the wall in retaliation for Logano spinning him at Kansas and Logano's teammate, Brad Keselowski, wrecking Kenseth earlier in the Martinsville race.

"I think as deliberate as that was it needed to be done. In fact, I think he got out lucky with two races instead of three," Petty said Saturday morning at Phoenix International Raceway.

Read more:http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...ard-petty-team-penske-joe-gibbs-racing-111415

Cautions every ten laps at Martinsville today it seems.

At a moment like this, I gotta wonder what the future holds for Sam Hornish.

He's out of Petty, and who knows if he'll get another chance at Cup, or even at Xfinity. IndyCar is out of question. Same with IMSA.

Either he goes down and become a staple at Trucks like Hornaday or Musgrave, or it's time to hang 'em up.

Junior wins. Just awesome. Homestead should be interesting.

Both Ferraris are out as Vettel crashes again in turn 7.

NASCAR calls the race at Phoenix when rain came shortly after a caution in the midst of green flag pit stops. Harvick had lead most of the way but Junior was leading after the caution. They were just about to restart when the rain came down.

Rosberg wins and takes 2nd in the championship race with Vettel a dnf.

I loved how Logano and others were saying they should've continued the race. Poetic justice for Talladega, imo.

NASCAR requested to meet with Kenseth regarding his return.

Now I just want Truex to win. Little engine that could and all that crap. Also, if he doesn't win at Homestead, it would expose the Chase even more as the farce it is.

Gordon wins? Would be suspiciously way too perfect.

Harvick wins? I like him, but would be too big of a reward after what happened at Dega.

Busch wins? Not the most popular name in Brian France list, so it's a plus in my book. But having a champion that didn't run the entire season doesn't feel right. Hell, under the old points system he would be in 18th place!

What comes around goes around! Paybacks are a bitch!

Yeah, either Busch and Truex winning would show that the Chase is shit.

I don't think a Chase driver is going to win the race but they'll all finish in the top 10 and make it interesting.

Because Logano did what?

Went into the back of Kenseth when Kenseth was blocking like hell.

With the new chase format they need to stamp this out, they should punish the entirety of JGR to deter this from happening again.

Truex's cars might get snowed in and not make it to Homestead.

That would be a hell of a way to lose a championship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back