The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

I didn't take long to have the BIG one in the truck race at Daytona. Took out about 12 trucks on the second lap.

lol I know. what a mess.
so many rookies this season.
sat and sun should be good though.
hope the weather holds up

good grief, wtf is wrong with these guys.
can't even finish the last lap?
damn, crafton's truck did a complete flip and landed on it's wheels.
amazing.
great win for the 18 yr old rookie

Last edited:
Crafton got good air.
matt-crafton_488eftzh2v221kl18klw5evsm.jpg

The Xfinity race looks like a demolition derby.

Under these new segment rules, seems like the best thing to do is pit before a segment ends to stay out of the crash.

Last edited:
no kidding, what are up to now, 10 cautions?

if guys can't bump draft skillfully, they shouldn't attempt it.

fucking Fox focused so much on the wreck at the end, we didn't even

see Reed cross the finish line.

overall, a debacle of racing of any kind. plus the stands were less than half full.

I won't be back.

Last edited:
no kidding, what are up to now, 10 cautions?

if guys can't bump draft skillfully, they shouldn't attempt it.

fucking Fox focused so much on the wreck at the end, we didn't even

see Reed cross the finish line.

overall, a debacle of racing of any kind. plus the stands were less than half full.

I won't be back.

Strange thing is they announced during that race that the Daytona 500 is sold out.

There was also the discussion of the lower downforce package making the cars looser in traffic. One gets loose when they're side by side and takes out several others. The bump drafting can get wild too. Often they don't realize the closing rates until it's too late.

The stage racing may be alright if they did not have a fucking competition caution at the end of each stage.

The Daytona Demolition Derby.

It looks like the best chance to finish one of these planned disasters is to follow well behind the field and try to be running at the end.

They were able to keep their heads out of their asses for the first part of the race but it's been crazy since then.

Great racing to end the race. Middle portion of the race was a clusterfuck though.

Back