The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

I hate to see races come down to a fuel economy run at the end.

I don't think I'll watch next week, to be honest. I might catch the end.

I'm happy for Kurt Busch.

Hamilton fastest in F1 testing by one tenth on softer tires than Vettel. Bottas was a little slower in the morning session but he was probably still feeling the car out and of course he doesn't want to crash it.

looking forward to a great F1 season, despite the many changes.

you want to watch something funny, look at the last stage of the Tour of Abu Dhabi in cycling where they race on the Yaz Marina circuit. In the rain, no less. What a great track....
for cars!

Bottas holds the fastest time in testing while Hamilton is working on a full race test. These two seem to be working well together. Hamilton says he has more bruises from this car than he has ever had.

Wet tire testing today for F1. Unfortunately it was sunny and the track dried quickly. It was wet enough for Pirelli to tell that the wider tire is going to be a problem in the wet weather. The driver comments were that the wet tires are just good enough to follow the pace car.

Some photos;http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/350121/in-photos-formula-1-drivers-test-in-wet/
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/350121/in-photos-formula-1-drivers-test-in-wet/
This is Pirelli and F1's version of wet track testing. They can't come up with a better way to spray water on the track?

487dbb09-e544-4a9c-be7e-6b4c752e2e2e.jpg

They use liquid manure spreaders on local dirt tracks that can do a better job.

Rosberg in the pit trying to stir the pot.
UsJUqRLGTRo7KBuV.jpg

So fellas, what series would you guys recommend to a noob to road races? I'd like to find something with full body cars, no open wheel stuff.
I'm going to check out the Australian Supercar Series that starts in a little bit.

Anyone ever use the jayski Nascar site? It's moved over to ESPN and is trash now. I've been checking that site since the late 90's. Fuck.

So fellas, what series would you guys recommend to a noob to road races? I'd like to find something with full body cars, no open wheel stuff.
I'm going to check out the Australian Supercar Series that starts in a little bit.

That's a good series and it's carried in the US.

Anyone ever use the jayski Nascar site? It's moved over to ESPN and is trash now. I've been checking that site since the late 90's. Fuck.

I used it all the time. ESPN took ownership a year or two ago but I think the same guy was running it. I don't know if something happened but it turned to shit at least a week ago. Time to delete the bookmark.

Hot Rod's Drag Week is coming to Illinois this year. Registration sold out in 6 minutes, there will be over 400 cars. Drag week is a run what you brought drag races each day, but you have to drive the car to each location. Last year was a 1200 mile round trip. You can't put it on a trailer, get towed to a shop, etc. If it breaks down, you have to fix it with what you have. You can tow a trailer with parts, but you can't have a follow vehicle with parts.
You might notice some names from Street Outlaws like Jeff Lutz, Larry Larson, and Tom Bailey that have won.
Here's the schedule.
September 10 – Cordova International Raceway, Registration & Test-n-Tune
19425 IL-84
Cordova, IL 61242
September 11 – Cordova International Raceway, Racing Day 1
19425 IL-84
Cordova, IL 61242
September 12 – Gateway Motorsports Park, Racing Day 2
700 Raceway Blvd
Madison, IL 62060
September 13 – Byron Dragway, Racing Day 3
7287 N River Rd
Byron, IL 61010
September 14 – Great Lakes Dragaway, Racing Day 4
18411 1st St
Union Grove, WI 53182
September 15 – Cordova International Raceway, Final Day of Racing
19425 IL-84
Cordova, IL 61242

I went to the Autolite Nationals here at Sonoma last year.
actually met both Force girls, Brittney and Courtney..along with the other
100s of fans doing the same thing.
got seat about a hundred yards down the track, freaking unreal.

I went to the Autolite Nationals here at Sonoma last year.
actually met both Force girls, Brittney and Courtney..along with the other
100s of fans doing the same thing.
got seat about a hundred yards down the track, freaking unreal.
I was a huge John fan growing up, I had over 40 1/24th scale replicas and tons of 1/64 scale. If they made it, I bought it.
I finally got to see him race in person and he lost out in the qualifier, tire shudder off the launch. We went down to he pits and he was the biggest egotistical jackass I've ever seen. He was screaming at his crew members, throwing stuff, told a kid to get fucking lost when he asked for an autograph, etc.
after that I sold my collection and became a Pedregon bros fan.

well, in his defense the guy is super driven to succeed. anything other than winning is shit to him
but that sounds like an unpleasant, unforgivable display of bad behavior on his part.
don't blame you at all.

Back