The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

nascar could learn a lesson from that then.

Everybody has gone to business school and they are taught that raising prices makes more money. There were many businesses started by people who never went to business school, built up by a second generation who never went to business school and run into the ground by the third generation that did go to business school.

I can see a time where the season consists of four major races. Xfinity and trucks will surely go away.
IMO this is the future of motor sports as a whole at every level. The age of 30 plus events per year is dead.

IMO this is the future of motor sports as a whole at every level. The age of 30 plus events per year is dead.

If you don't have an event every weekend people find something else to do.

The Louse had a problem while leading letting Truex win and causing a clash between Logano and Kyle Busch where Logano spun Busch off the track and down pit road. Kyle tried to confront Logano on pit road but Logano's crew protected the little bitch.

I suspect it will be settled on the track.

this is just pathetic

nascan needs to work on their fight skills IMO

Still not as embarrassing as Gordon going after stone cold killer Matt Kenseth with his helmet still on

fight%20gordon.4.jpg

Nearly everything has gone wrong for Nascar.

They shit on their roots. The cars are now the F1 of stock cars. They're so expensive to build and maintain, they can't even have the same sponsor on their hood for an entire season. Companies have to share time on even the top cars out there.

The paint jobs are too much. They might look "cool" up close but you can't even tell who is sponsoring who half the time. As a corporation, I'd want my car and sponsor as clear and concise as possible. They did it right in the mid 90's.

1995-nascar-1.jpg

The tracks suck. Cookie cutter after cookie cutter all season long. Now they're taking the 2nd date away from Loudon and giving it to Las Vegas which is easily one of the most boring tracks on the circuit. Nascar is short sighted so they will sacrifice the long term success of the league for a short term monetary gain in Vegas. They need more short tracks and more road courses. The smaller teams can't compete on intermediate tracks so it's just the same guys racing the same guys 90% of the time.

The rules packages suck. How many years does it take to get a handle on aero push? That shit was a non issue years ago and has been handcuffing close racing for a decade plus now.

The rules suck. The chase. Stages. An entire season coming down to one race. Just dumb gimmicks to try and get people to watch. People watched for decades under the previous rules. It's not the rules that drove fans away. Now they've become Nazis on pit road speeding which does absolutely nothing for the fans or the teams.

The drivers are talented but unrelatable. All the good ol' boys are gone. These days it's just a bunch of young extremely talented kids that look like trolls. The Busch's, Keselowski, Logano....a bunch of goofy looking motherfuckers who can drive the hell out of a race car but no one gives a shit about them because there's really nothing cool about any of them. The fights these days are so laughable. Cale vs Allison was a fight. Robby Gordon scaring the shit out of Stewart at Daytona was entertaining. Busch swinging and missing Logano was lame. This "fight" was embarrassing...

There's no one that anyone gives a shit about other than Jr anymore. Johnson is boring as hell. The young guys in Elliott and Blaney are smug as hell and unlikable. Hamlin, Truex, Kahne, Kenseth etc. There's nothing at all exciting about any of these guys. Gordon retiring was a huge set back for the sport. Stewart retiring was kind of the last of the old school type guys left. Once Dale Jr retires the sport is going to be hurting badly. I wouldn't doubt it at all if the ratings fall by nearly 50% by then if they don't somehow build up the next legitimate star before he's gone.

hm, quite possibly one of the best, concise and most accurate posts I've read on this site in a long time.
well said, chappie

They shit on their roots. The cars are now the F1 of stock cars. They're so expensive to build and maintain, they can't even have the same sponsor on their hood for an entire season. Companies have to share time on even the top cars out there.

The paint jobs are too much. They might look "cool" up close but you can't even tell who is sponsoring who half the time. As a corporation, I'd want my car and sponsor as clear and concise as possible. They did it right in the mid 90's.

1995-nascar-1.jpg

The tracks suck. Cookie cutter after cookie cutter all season long. Now they're taking the 2nd date away from Loudon and giving it to Las Vegas which is easily one of the most boring tracks on the circuit. Nascar is short sighted so they will sacrifice the long term success of the league for a short term monetary gain in Vegas. They need more short tracks and more road courses. The smaller teams can't compete on intermediate tracks so it's just the same guys racing the same guys 90% of the time.

The rules packages suck. How many years does it take to get a handle on aero push? That shit was a non issue years ago and has been handcuffing close racing for a decade plus now.

The rules suck. The chase. Stages. An entire season coming down to one race. Just dumb gimmicks to try and get people to watch. People watched for decades under the previous rules. It's not the rules that drove fans away. Now they've become Nazis on pit road speeding which does absolutely nothing for the fans or the teams.

The drivers are talented but unrelatable. All the good ol' boys are gone. These days it's just a bunch of young extremely talented kids that look like trolls. The Busch's, Keselowski, Logano....a bunch of goofy looking motherfuckers who can drive the hell out of a race car but no one gives a shit about them because there's really nothing cool about any of them. The fights these days are so laughable. Cale vs Allison was a fight. Robby Gordon scaring the shit out of Stewart at Daytona was entertaining. Busch swinging and missing Logano was lame. This "fight" was embarrassing...

There's no one that anyone gives a shit about other than Jr anymore. Johnson is boring as hell. The young guys in Elliott and Blaney are smug as hell and unlikable. Hamlin, Truex, Kahne, Kenseth etc. There's nothing at all exciting about any of these guys. Gordon retiring was a huge set back for the sport. Stewart retiring was kind of the last of the old school type guys left. Once Dale Jr retires the sport is going to be hurting badly. I wouldn't doubt it at all if the ratings fall by nearly 50% by then if they don't somehow build up the next legitimate star before he's gone.

Drivers have handlers now to curb their behavior and turn them into the bland personalities that are all basically the same.

I like that Mars came out with a statement saying Kyle's actions 'are not in accordance with company values'
let him lose a major sponsor and he'll get the message

1995-nascar-1.jpg

You lost me at Las Vegas is more boring than Loudon. Loudon is the worst track in the circuit by 1000 times. There is literally no passing there. Awefull track and their "sellouts" are fake as there are always empty seats a-go-go. That is the only good move Nascar has made in the past 5 years.

Phoenix's stands were maybe 50% full this weekend.

hm, nascar and nhra will die within the next decade

I'm not sure about Nascar because i don't really watch it, but i'm really worried about the NHRA and drag racing in general which really sucks. Atttendence and TV viewership seems to be high from what i've read, but the cost of the cars, parts, crew, etc. is causing less and less drivers to compete. I've noticed its becoming normal to see only 13-14 racers attempt to qualify in the pro classes (Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock). Back in the day you would often have double or triple that amount trying to qualify, especially in Pro Stock. With the EFI change in Pro Stock, even less people are racing in that class now and the KB racing team has been very dominant, though the other racers are starting to catch up.

It was cool to see Tanner Gray win in pro stock at only 17 years old. He kept hitting amazing lights and beat most of the best drivers out there on sunday. It's also the first time that 3 generations of a family have all won races in the pro classes which is pretty cool.

Jonnie Lindberg has been very impressive as a rookie as well. There are 4 good rookies this year Tanner Gray, Jonnie Lindberg, Troy Coughlin Jr., and Joey Gladstone.

I hated seeing Schumacher double up since i've been a JFR fan since i was 8 years old. I'm hoping the Force team steps it up. Courtney, Brittney and for the most part John have been great in qualifying, but i think they try and swing for the fences too much with their tuneups in eliminations and i believe that is why you often see great early numbers, but then they end up smoking the tires. John had an easy 2nd round match up against Densham i believe, and i like Gary Densham because he's a veteran of the sport, but Force should of tried to run a mid 3.9 instead of swinging for the fences since Densham could probably have only run a mid to low 4.0 in those conditions. John did kick ass at gainsville though, so i have hope for him possibly getting another championship.

Sorry for the long rant lol.

Back