Syrian Refugee Arrested for Murder of Teenage Girl in Vancouver

Problem is, I never call all immigrants terrorists. Your response just isn't accurate. In fact, it's as far from accurate as my local pig farm is from Mecca.

How was it a strawman? You JUST admitted leftists are hypocrites, so how exactly was it a strawman? You're contradicting yourself, bruh.

Do you not find it astonishing how worked up the left gets over mass shootings, whilst simultaneously rolling their eyes at/condemning anyone who raises the issue of the very serious threat of Islamic extremism which is ONLY brought about due to Muslim immigration? You don't find that weird? Have a think about it.

If you're going to assign positions to me based on the hysterics of leftists and mass shootings, then I will return the favor and force you to defend righties who claim all Muslim immigrants are terrorists. That is the nature of your strawman, but I'll indulge:

I don't think everyone's guns should be taken. I believe in reasonable gun control based on the individual applying for possession of such, so, if you don't think that a 6yo should be able to walk into 7/11 and purchase an AR15, then congratulations, you are a proponent of gun control.

Likewise, I believe that immigrants should be vetted on an individual basis through a screening process. Key emphasis on both of my statements is the treatment of people as *individuals*.

This is quite different from the contradictory stance you have apparently taken - that when it comes to guns, we punish individuals who perpetrate crimes, but when it comes to immigration, you want to all of a sudden speak in generalities, and blame entire groups for the actions of a few. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, bruh.

The quote: “I am personally responsible for any harm that may befall any citizen of Canada. Any harm from any refugee, brought into Canada by my government, I stand personally responsible. I will make amends and personal restitution to any person harmed by any of Canada’s new refugees” has been floating around, but there is no reliable source proving that he said that. It looks like it is something attributed to Trudeau, but he never actually said it.
I think its a similar problem as to the "If you kill your enemies, they win" fake quote. I don't think these quotes are made for intentional disinformation but rather as a satirical take on the kinds of things Trudeau says. But then taken out of that original context some people believe them at a first glance because it sounds like something they could believe Trudeau said and so they spread it as if its genuine and from there it spreads on and on as a quote believed to be real.

I think its a similar problem as to the "If you kill your enemies, they win" fake quote. I don't think these quotes are made for intentional disinformation but rather as a satirical take on the kinds of things Trudeau says. But then taken out of that original context some people believe them at a first glance because it sounds like something they could believe Trudeau said and so they spread it as if its genuine and from there it spreads on and on as a quote believed to be real.

Exactly. The Trudeau quotes are believable because they sound like something Trudeau would say.

Remember this from last year, very close to where my girlfriend lives.

Hope someone beats this fuck into a bloody pulp

yup, and it does a disservice to both sides as the left can accurately claim the statements are fake without acknowledging that the truth may not have been that far off

Exactly. The Trudeau quotes are believable because they sound like something Trudeau would say.
Ah good old semantic games again, eh? Like in the superficial sense that it bears some similarities to the kinds of things he says without also bearing the same meanings, not like as in it's an example of something that Trudeau might say.

It’s so funny to listen to these liberals defend this not all refugees,asylum seekers,border jumpers are killers and of course they aren’t that isn’t the point. The point is we have enough criminals around here to not import more. I ask you this would you be willing to give up your life or that of a loved one all for the sake of political correctness? The countries they come from have been war torn for hundreds of years and the fact they either refuse or can’t have hate and conflict breed out of their society by now means there is literally zero hope for these places. My advice is to at the very fucking least stop reproducing and perpetuating the situation for centuries to come.

Ah good old semantic games again, eh? Like in the superficial sense that it bears some similarities to the kinds of things he says without also bearing the same meanings, not like as in it's an example of something that Trudeau might say.

Here is your just reward:

Exactly. The Trudeau quotes are believable because they sound like something Trudeau would say if you are an alt right hack.

Fixed. I mean he is laughable in many ways but those quotes are so obviously fake......

I have read two articles about this and not seen any reference to this person being a refugee or anything other than a resident of that area. Is that information in the above article and i’m just not seeing it?
They purposely don’t report that, to push their agenda

If a citizen murders a refugee, has the refugee saved a life, because you know that is one less citizen murdered? Just checking how this all works.

They purposely don’t report that, to push their agenda

Stop spreading nonsense, even the CBC, which is apparently a mouthpiece for the liberals according to quite a few posters here, covered this and was quite clear about the fact that the guy was a refugee from Syria who's been here for less than 2 years.

@Grenz

Stop spreading nonsense, even the CBC, which is apparently a mouthpiece for the liberals according to quite a few posters here, covered this and was quite clear about the fact that the guy was a refugee from Syria who's been here for less than 2 years.

He asked why in the articles he looked at no one mentioned it, I answered

Or are you not seeing the agenda

@Grenz

He asked why in the articles he looked at no one mentioned it, I answered

Or are you not seeing the agenda

Yea, could be a liberal conspiracy, or could be that all the facts weren't available at the time of writing. Which do you think is more likely?

Now, I know what's coming in your next reply. I'm a crazy unhinged (or perhaps brainwashed) liberal who wants nothing more than for Canada to be flooded by hoards of migrants. Don't bother, that assessment is utterly false.

I believe in proper vetting procedures, for everyone who wants to come here, refugees included. I believe that people who think it's normal to dress up 7 year old girls in headscarves whenever they go out in public and believe music is the devil's work probably won't fit in here very well and should look for some other place where more people share those beliefs. I believe that it's extremely alarming that according to our current government, the last sentence makes me a racist.

Our country is swinging hard left at the moment. We need to bring that back to the center, and we need to have an open debate about whether people like me are just closed minded bigots who need to get with the times, or may actually have a valid point. You know what's one of the things standing in the way of that? Extreme opinions like the CBC having an "agenda" (they really don't, at least not in the nefarious sense you're clearly alluding to), or that we shouldn't admit any refugees whatsoever or that all Muslims are the scum of the earth. These kinds of statements are so ridiculously easy to debunk, you're basically giving your opponents free shots at your chin. Much worse though, is that when you make these kinds of claims, it devalues any valid criticism of migration of religions, because the opponents on the other side hold up the craziest statements and purport them to stand for the opinions of everyone who's uneasy about women who can;t leave the house without dressing in a burlap sack. You know this tactic works, the right does it with the left as well, that's why there's this notion that everyone who votes liberal believes there are 78 genders and Islam isn't an inherently misogynistic religion.

You're not helping dude. You're making it more difficult to have the conversations that we need to have, because it's really fucking easy to successfully argue that there's no need to argue about whether the CBC is a propaganda mouthpiece for Trudeau, or that we should never admit anyone from a Muslim country who's a refugee. You're effectively weakening the side you're supposedly trying to help.

If you're going to assign positions to me based on the hysterics of leftists and mass shootings, then I will return the favor and force you to defend righties who claim all Muslim immigrants are terrorists.

You're still not understanding. Right-wingers don't all believe all Muslim immigrants are terrorists. Whilst leftists DO all believe the stuff I attributed to them.

I don't think everyone's guns should be taken.

I never said leftists believe everyone's guns should be taken. My point was simply that the left tries desperately to do ANYTHING to prevent another mass shooting... whilst claiming there is nothing we can do to stop Islamic terrorist attacks in the West. Well, stopping Muslim immigration would be one way of preventing more attacks. But no, they're not interested. They don't take Islamic terrorism seriously. In fact, they don't even believe there is such a thing as 'Islamic terrorism', because in their minds, Islam is a religion of peace.

Likewise, I believe that immigrants should be vetted on an individual basis through a screening process.

Impossible, due to the sheer number arriving. And even if it was possible, what would this 'vetting' look like? 'Excuse me, have you ever been a member of a terrorist group?'. Islamic extremists are laughing at the West. You do realise that, don't you?

This is quite different from the contradictory stance you have apparently taken - that when it comes to guns, we punish individuals who perpetrate crimes, but when it comes to immigration, you want to all of a sudden speak in generalities, and blame entire groups for the actions of a few. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, bruh.

Like I said, there are legitimate reasons to own guns. But there are NO legitimate reasons to allow Muslim immigrants into your country.

Now this is a REAL strawman: I'm not blaming entire groups for the actions of a few. I just recognise that it is IMPOSSIBLE to single out the terrorists amongst them, so you simply don't allow ANY in as a way around that. And for demographic reasons, Europe has too many Muslims already, so it shouldn't be allowing in any more.

Look at my sig, and answer the question... okay? Here: Question for leftists: which countries suffer from Islamic extremism - the UK, France & Belgium, or Poland, Hungary & Japan - the former or the latter? Now, be honest with yourself and accept reality. PM me if you're still confused as to what this reality is.

Back