Steven Crowder interviews man that fired 30+ immigrants.

Actually, this is America and workers have rights as well.

At least for now.

Please cite me where workers have the right to tell their boss when they are going to skip work to protest and keep their jobs....i'll wait

That's exactly what someone who has no connections to the immigrant community or the ethnic community would say, that or someone who doesn't understand the nuances of the conversation.

I actually think it's a poor cause because we end up making a distinction between immigrants and natives, when there should be no distinction. When you legally immigrate anywhere and you're given citizenship, you should be considered part of that nation, not as an immigrant. Americans should be Americans, not white, black, immigrant, or native. Just Americans, plain and simple.

My parents were immigrants. They assimilated and worked hard to provide a good life for me. I don't begrudge immigrants, I begrudge people who take exception with what a private company does within the confines of the law. This man owns a construction company and can't afford to have people who are willing to protest at his expense. It's within his right to fire them. This is as American as apple pie...and immigration.

Please cite me where workers have the right to tell their boss when they are going to skip work to protest and keep their jobs....i'll wait

Please cite me where is says employers have the right to fire their employees over their political beliefs. I'll wait.

If you knew anything about business, a small business owner having 30 people walk out on him for a day could severely hurt his business. Making him liable for whatever shortcomings are dealt to him. This workers had one job....work. They refused to do it after being told not to.

Indeed, so imagine now several days without employees while you fill these positions.

Its construction and when you got at least 6 months of contracts scheduled everyday counts, so when you lose a day here and there its really starts to get shitty for everyone because you are working 16hr days and weekends.

Yup and now imagine all that extra work piling after that.

I actually think it's a poor cause because we end up making a distinction between immigrants and natives, when there should be no distinction. When you legally immigrate anywhere and you're given citizenship, you should be considered part of that nation, not as an immigrant. Americans should be Americans, not white, black, immigrant, or native. Just Americans, plain and simple.

My parents were immigrants. They assimilated and worked hard to provide a good life for me. I don't begrudge immigrants, I begrudge people who take exception with what a private company does within the confines of the law. This man owns a construction company and can't afford to have people who are willing to protest at his expense. It's within his right to fire them. This is as American as apple pie...and immigration.

I agree for the most part.

Where were your parents from?

Yup and now imagine all that extra work piling after that.

Yeah not fun everyone is pissed off and the company is paying a ton in overtime plus the bosses are working weekends and pissed off. It sucks.

Please cite me where is says employers have the right to fire their employees over their political beliefs. I'll wait.

They were fired for skipping work dumbass. They didn't go "I'm a Democrat so i'm not coming in on Wednesday"

I want to see a list of jobs you can no show no call and keep working there...even Wendy's would fire your ass.
No they wouldn't.

Any fast food restaurant has back ups...At worst, their service is gonna be super slow.

Along as you aren't hated by your boss, you will keep your job if you never miss.

That's exactly what someone who has no connections to the immigrant community or the ethnic community would say, that or someone who doesn't understand the nuances of the conversation.

No I don't support stupid "protests", simple as that. Like I said, pick a group/cause I likely wouldn't support it. I'm a big 2nd amendment supporter. I thought most of those people in Texas open carrying rifles in restaurants and stores were stupid as well.

Explain the nuances of the conversation. What are they trying to protest or prove.

For those 30 people they proved that they truly weren't needed.

They were fired for skipping work dumbass. They didn't go "I'm a Democrat so i'm not coming in on Wednesday"

They didn't skip work, they called out.

Him parading around right leaning political media doesn't help his case, imo.

I just don't get how firing 30 people overnight will get you in a better position to make more money? If anything the work and money spend rehiring 30 extra people will be worse than the lone day that the 30 fired missed.

Yeah not fun everyone is pissed off and the company is paying a ton in overtime plus the bosses are working weekends and pissed off. It sucks.

Indeed, thats why im not taking sides on this one.

Im a business owner, so i know what it is when people miss work.

I sympathize with the guy, but that Steven Crowder guy seems like a total asshole, trying to push forward his anti-union and anti-worker agenda on a guy tha genuinely seems to care about his workers.

People dissing this guy should watch the video

I agree for the most part.

Where were your parents from?

I'd rather not say, just because I like the anonymity, and as to not have people pigeonhole me given the nature of identity politics in this forum. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a dick, if you really want to know I can PM you.

Watch the video, he already addressed this

Yes, he said he bounced back, he also says that it was not just that incident, but these employees were getting a little uppity with other demands.

Yes, he said he bounced back, he also says that it was not just that incident, but these employees were getting a little uppity with other demands.

He also said, he replaced them, something you would have know watching the video

I'd rather not say, just because I like the anonymity, and as to not have people pigeonhole me given the nature of identity politics in this forum. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a dick, if you really want to know I can PM you.

That's a shame. But I get you.

Back