Steven Crowder interviews man that fired 30+ immigrants.

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

We've heard about the MSM's demonizing of an employer that fired 30+ immigrants for not showing up to work on the 'Day Without Immigrants.' Well, here he is.

And @StevenCrowder makes a horrible suggestion at the end of the interview. :p

We've heard about the MSM's demonizing of an employer that fired 30+ immigrants for not showing up to work on the 'Day Without Immigrants.' Well, here he is.

And @StevenCrowder makes a horrible suggestion at the end of the interview. :p

What's the suggestion? Can't watch the video right now.

Really? No show, no call, and they should be allowed to keep their jobs?

Lot's of restaurants here told their employees there would be no repercussions, some even encouraged their staff to take the day off out of graciousness for the work they do. I said this guy was a hero for the heartless, meaning if people are celebrating this guy as some kind of model, I feel okay in assuming those people are hardhearted.

I have tremendous respect for the immigrants I've worked with throughout the near decade I worked in the restaurant industry. Everyone knew the immigrants kept things running smoothly, outworked the natives, and had a better attitude than most anyone.

Lot's of restaurants here told their employees there would be no repercussions, some even encouraged their staff to take the day off out of graciousness for the work they do. I said this guy was a hero for the heartless, meaning if people are celebrating this guy as some kind of model, I feel okay in assuming those people are hardhearted.

I have tremendous respect for the immigrants I've worked with throughout the near decade I worked in the restaurant industry. Everyone knew the immigrants kept things running smoothly, outworked the natives, and had a better attitude than most anyone.

Did you watch the video? Do you own a business?

I hero for the heartless.
Heartless? IMO what's heartless is not showing for work and causing loss of business for your employer, who relies on his business for income, income in which your salary depends on, salary which you and your family relies for your daily living....

This isn't school where you can dick around and do all the dumb protests you want its real life.

Heartless? IMO what's heartless is not showing for work and causing loss of business for your employer, who relies on his business for income, income in which your salary depends on, salary which you and your family relies for your daily living....

That's too narrow a perspective to judge what a day without an immigrant was about.

That's too narrow a perspective to judge what a day without an immigrant was about.

Its construction a lost day can cause lots of shit, and theres lots of people willing to fill the gap.

Did you watch the video? Do you own a business?

I did not watch the video. But is that necessary to say he's a hero for the heartless? No. I see a lot of people celebrating this and making a joke about it, people who are typically jerks on this forum, which kind of reinforces my claim.

And yes, I do own a business.

The notion that employers are some sort of generous people by giving jobs is ridiculous.

You give a job to someone because you can profit from their labor, if he can do without 30+ employees overnight, then i can bet my ass off that he was overstaffed.

That being said i do hate when employees miss just like that, but in Mexico we dont have at will employment so you can only fire them when they miss 3 times in a month.

Really? No show, no call, and they should be allowed to keep their jobs?

Actually, as the interview reveals, they gave notice they were taking the day off for 'Day Without Immigrants.'

The problem is, the employer couldn't handle that many employees taking the day off - 30 out of 100 - so he warned them that they would be fired if they didn't show up.

And, they didn't show up, and they were fired.

Actions and Consequences.

Back