staying calm during confrontation

Whoa, I thought I killed you. So, are you the Zombie GJJ Fighter, or the Vampire GJJ Fighter?

haha lets go with zombie.

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that when GJJfighter is trying to sound high brow and write well it actually gets worse? In what "manner" are we supposed to forgive him, exactly?

I mean seriously, is it really that much easier to spell simple words like "grammar" and "matter" wrong or use the incorrect tense for words like "sworn" than it is to do so correctly? I just do this by habit, it is actually harder for me to spell something wrong because I have to get creative. I can perhaps justify leaving out the "been" before "mistaken" because that truly is easier, but not the rest.

Sad that you can get into university with this level of writing.

What is sad is I probably make more money than a lot of ppl on this forum and im still in college. I work for the government at Oak Ridge National Lab. Im only an intern right now and make quite a bit. When I get hired on full time ill be making in the triple digits so keep the laughing hahahahahaha.

Last edited:
haha lets go with zombie.

What is sad is I probably make more money than a lot of ppl on this forum and im still in college. I work for the government at Oak Ridge National Lab. Im only an intern right now and make quite a bit. When I get hired on full time ill be making in the triple digits so keep the laughing hahahahahaha.

Yeah well when I get my BB in BJJ I'll be a bad ass then...and my dad can beat up your dad etc.

Seriously where in the fuck did ANYONE post about their income level? They simply called you an idiot due to the fact that well...you come across as one.

And why do you feel the need so bad to prove yourself to people online who don't care about you, never will care about you, and in general don't like you how much money you make? Does making more money than someone else make you a better person?

And just for curiosity...what will you be doing full time making triple digits?

Yeah well when I get my BB in BJJ I'll be a bad ass then...and my dad can beat up your dad etc.

Seriously where in the fuck did ANYONE post about their income level? They simply called you an idiot due to the fact that well...you come across as one.

And why do you feel the need so bad to prove yourself to people online who don't care about you, never will care about you, and in general don't like you how much money you make? Does making more money than someone else make you a better person?

And just for curiosity...what will you be doing full time making triple digits?

Well usually you income level has to do with school. Im proving a point big dog. You all are trying to assume that my grammar is bad, which in return would say I am not that intellegent judging by more responses saying how does he get into college with that kind of grammer, which im trying to prove it doesnt matter how bad my grammar may or may not be.

Lets break it down for you...

GED Average Income- 30,400 dollars
Associates- 38,200 dollars
Bachelors- 52,200 dollars
Masters- 63,200 dollars
Doctrine- 89,400 dollars
Professional degree- 109,600 dollars

I dont have to prove anything, but since they are going to try to make me come across like an idiot im going to do the same for them in return. lol

Does that make me a better peson heck no! Money means nothing in this life as neither does jiu jitsu. Only thing that matters is living a life to glorify god in all that you do work, school, jiu jitsu, everything. The is more to life than a lot of ppl think. I am blessed to make the money I make and I dont take it for granted. It was by purely the grace of God that I have the job I have right now. I was going to major in business, but now im majoring in computer science, which opened up a lot of doors. To be completely honest I would be completely content making 30,000 dollars a year. God would provide and I would trust in him to help me through all the bills and what not. Money is nothing man.

I will be working in the computer field at Oak Ridge National Lab. Which with a computer science degree the average income is usually about 75,000, but the reason I am fortunate enough to make more than that is cuz its a government job and there is over 20,000 ppl that work out here, so thats a lot of computers to work on. It is hard work sometimes lol.

Last edited:
LOL Computer job...nice detail.

SQL Server admin/programmer...what?

I know people that are help desk that make $12 an hour....They are IT professionals...computer job...lol.

I know it's a troll...but I still can't help from replying. Man I hate getting sucked in to this.

A forum is like texting it would be stupid to write formally.

No one is asking you to write a formal dissertation, but writing informally and making gross errors that actually change what your sentence means are too different things.

And bad grammar doesn't make you stupid, I never said that. What I said was that higher education which doesn't include a more rigorous language education is sad. By the same token, I've read many university papers that were a complete waste of ink. Higher education doesn't mean you're smart, it means you have learned how to play a certain game and have a certain type of knowledge.

It's the things you talk about and the way you argue that makes you come across as immature and an un-reflective practitioner of life. Your grammar is just icing on the cake. Anyway, we have completely high jacked this thread.

I know people that are help desk that make $12 an hour....They are IT professionals...computer job...lol.

Dude...cmon...he is obviously an intern making over $75,000 a year.

There is a lot of job opportunities out here, so im not sure what exactly im going to go into, but right now I work in the IT department and I make $19.83 an hour as an intern and the work pays for my college. I dont work on the help desk though. Those ppl out here are absolutely stupid on a computer I dont even know if they have to have a degree in computers lol. All our stuff is hands on stuff and I cant give you more details without getting in trouble. A lot of stuff is classified. With an associates they start out at 98,000 here. Bachelors im thinking it goes up to about 120,000-150,000, then with a masters it goes up a ton that is what the guy in the office next to me has and he makes around 240,000 and my boss has her doctrine and makes in the 300,000s.

Dude...cmon...he is obviously an intern making over $75,000 a year.

Obviously...I mean I would call him out to compare pay stubs/investment returns but I'm sure that would get posted around the same time as his "real combat simulation" video.

Obviously...I mean I would call him out to compare pay stubs/investment returns but I'm sure that would get posted around the same time as his "real combat simulation" video.

ORNL Facts and Figures
Staff: 3800 total, 1500 scientists and engineers
Budget: $1.06 billion, 75% Department of Energy, 25% work for others
Replacement cost of buildings: $7 billion
Total land area: 58 square miles
Guest researchers: 3000 each year, about one-fourth from industry
Visitors: About 30,000 each year, plus 10,000 precollege students

ORNL's Economic Impact
Wages: $274 million
Procurement: $270 million
United Way contributions: $836,318
Medical services: $35 million
Tennessee taxes: $9 million
Pensions: $60 million

Ok here is some stuff for you. I was wrong its over 30,000 that work here you have to count the guests cuz you have to fix there computers too. Notice how big the place is 58 square miles and most of it is a ton of huge buildings. Notice the wages 274 million. You believe me now? Its government job they pay good. This is the place right next to where the nuclear bomb was created. This is one of the biggest science places in america. It is also one of the most secure places in america. The budget is 1.06 billion come on now. If you dont believe me now then you are hopeless. lol I told you I am a man of my word.

I remember my first paycheck, too. It was for about $100 and I thought I was the BOMB! A lot has changed in nearly 20 years.

Man, I wish GJJfighter could clue in to the fact that just pointing out random information IN NO WAY connects him to that information. I could post crap about how much the NHL, that doesn't mean I work for them.

Dude, no one cares how much money you make or don't make. What we find hilarious is that you think (a) that it matters (which is obvious since you brought it up) and (b) that even if it did matter, without knowing ANYTHING about what other people here do for a living you automatically think that these numbers will impress us.

You keep saying that, but I don't think you know what it means.

(props to anyone who can tell me what movie I'm paraphrasing)

I know what it means. Im a christian man. That is the way I live my life. I dont have any clue what movie you are paraphrasing though lol

I remember my first paycheck, too. It was for about $100 and I thought I was the BOMB! A lot has changed in nearly 20 years.

Man, I wish GJJfighter could clue in to the fact that just pointing out random information IN NO WAY connects him to that information. I could post crap about how much the NHL, that doesn't mean I work for them.

Dude, no one cares how much money you make or don't make. What we find hilarious is that you think (a) that it matters (which is obvious since you brought it up) and (b) that even if it did matter, without knowing ANYTHING about what other people here do for a living you automatically think that these numbers will impress us.

hahahah you all kill me first it something then i come back and you all say its something else this is crazy. Im not trying to impress you, but yes if you saw this place it would impress you there is stuff out here that would blow your mind that you wouldnt think have been invented yet. These arent everyday computing systems running here. lol I dont want to impress you. If it didnt matter you wouldnt respond to my posts would you? If you do respond to my posts it means 1 or 2 things one I matter enough for you to call me an idiot or post back to me or two what i said mattered enough for you to comment. I dont care if you believe where I work its not rly a big deal man lol. I was asked a question and I simply answered the question.

Sparring will get you far, but I still don't feel that it teaches you how to deal with real aggression - especially verbal aggression, which can have quite a psychological effect in a confrontation. If you really want to learn how to stay calm in (potentially) violent confrontations, I suggest you start working as a bouncer or in another profession where you have to deal with such situations often. I used to get pretty fired up if someone acted aggressively towards me, but after two years of bouncing, I'm pretty confident and calm in most confrontations/altercations. It's a matter of psychological conditioning. When you're used to having someone get in your face telling you he's gonna do this and that, it's much easier to keep your cool while looking for the right opening to arm drag his ass.

Back