staying calm during confrontation

hahahah you all kill me first it something then i come back and you all say its something else this is crazy.

Because you never respond to the original point. Instead you go off on some crazy tangent where you are equally wrong, so we respond to that.

If it didnt matter you wouldnt respond to my posts would you? If you do respond to my posts it means 1 or 2 things one I matter enough for you to call me an idiot or post back to me or two what i said mattered enough for you to comment.

What matters to me is clear communication and intellectual honesty, not how much money you make. This post from you is a perfect example of how you constantly misunderstand or misconstrue statements form other people and change the subject. There is a part of me that wants to believe you aren't doing it on purpose.

I dont care if you believe where I work its not rly a big deal man lol.

Again, my point is that it doesn't matter where you work. Period. It has nothing to do with this conversation, so whether I believe you or not is moot. This is the very reason that I'm not pointing out how much I make, whether it be more or less, in order to refute your claim that you make more than me. Not only is there no way to verify whether I'm telling the truth, but it is completely and utterly beside the point!

I had a tuna fish sandwich for lunch, and it was better than any sandwich you've ever had. Does that further our conversation? Is it verifiable in any way? Statements like that are a complete waste of typing.

And props to Shem for trying to get this thread back on track.

What is sad is I probably make more money than a lot of ppl on this forum and im still in college. I work for the government at Oak Ridge National Lab. Im only an intern right now and make quite a bit. When I get hired on full time ill be making in the triple digits so keep the laughing hahahahahaha.

it's usually refered to as six figures not triple digits.
Are we comparing salaries now? When are we going to start pulling down our pants?
[insight] You don't want to brang about what 'might happen' down the road if everything goes your way. With that logic anyone can brang about anything, it doesn't add up.
I'm not trying to be a jerk either.

With that being said, I have an education and make twice as much as you. So that means you should listen to me twice as hard.
Na na poo poo!

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Well usually you income level has to do with school. Im proving a point big dog. You all are trying to assume that my grammar is bad, which in return would say I am not that intellegent judging by more responses saying how does he get into college with that kind of grammer, which im trying to prove it doesnt matter how bad my grammar may or may not be.

Lets break it down for you...

GED Average Income- 30,400 dollars
Associates- 38,200 dollars
Bachelors- 52,200 dollars
Masters- 63,200 dollars
Doctrine- 89,400 dollars
Professional degree- 109,600 dollars

I dont have to prove anything, but since they are going to try to make me come across like an idiot im going to do the same for them in return. lol

Does that make me a better peson heck no! Money means nothing in this life as neither does jiu jitsu. Only thing that matters is living a life to glorify god in all that you do work, school, jiu jitsu, everything. The is more to life than a lot of ppl think. I am blessed to make the money I make and I dont take it for granted. It was by purely the grace of God that I have the job I have right now. I was going to major in business, but now im majoring in computer science, which opened up a lot of doors. To be completely honest I would be completely content making 30,000 dollars a year. God would provide and I would trust in him to help me through all the bills and what not. Money is nothing man.

I will be working in the computer field at Oak Ridge National Lab. Which with a computer science degree the average income is usually about 75,000, but the reason I am fortunate enough to make more than that is cuz its a government job and there is over 20,000 ppl that work out here, so thats a lot of computers to work on. It is hard work sometimes lol.

One of the dumbest guys I know makes 10,000.00 a month. What is your point again?

As with so much, breathing is key. Control your breathing and allow it to center you. Stressful situations usually become less stressful if you can slow things down. One thing you can always slow and control is your breathing.

It's a simple suggestion, but it helps.

Confidence is also key. Anytime you fight anyone, you have to assume he is your toughest opponent to date, and respect that his capabilities are unknown. As well, you have to know, without a doubt, undeniably, that you are by far his toughest competition to date, and he cannot handle you.

As with so much, breathing is key. Control your breathing and allow it to center you. Stressful situations usually become less stressful if you can slow things down. One thing you can always slow and control is your breathing.

It's a simple suggestion, but it helps.

Confidence is also key. Anytime you fight anyone, you have to assume he is your toughest opponent to date, and respect that his capabilities are unknown. As well, you have to know, without a doubt, undeniably, that you are by far his toughest competition to date, and he cannot handle you.

I need to slow down my breathing for this thread! It's stressful, i'm going to take 5 and relax before I lose it!

kudos, i guess, for trying to get this back on track, but I have a sneaking suspiscion that you didn't read any of this and just posted blindly into a thread.

Can you just post your video already..or at least your picture. Or...are you embarrassed of yourself?

haha embarrassed. I have no reason to be embarrassed of my physical appearence thats the one thing I am most confident about. Even more confident in that, then GU. lol. Secondly Ill post a vid dont worry, have some patience. I know you all are gonna say it is crap no matter what, but ill post one.

Which area are you at Oak Ridge? Assuming you're an intern for DOE since you keep saying you'll be getting a government job (by the way, there's no way you'll be entering into the work force as a government employee with a pay schedule of GS-11 or higher after being only an intern) I'd love to hear what area and contractors you work with seeing how I'm an analyst (for a contractor) who gets to go over lovely money matters for some contracts at ORNL.

If you're an intern by the way, you've either: A) Graduated from a University and are unemployed, B) Are currently attending University which would make it extremely difficult to intern there at the same time, C) Are actually full of shit?

I'm leaning C, mostly because I haven't ever come across any sort of voucher or record out of those contracts that has such piss poor grammar, even from engineers.

haha embarrassed. I have no reason to be embarrassed of my physical appearence thats the one thing I am most confident about. Even more confident in that, then GU. lol. Secondly Ill post a vid dont worry, have some patience. I know you all are gonna say it is crap no matter what, but ill post one.

Of course you will, you're "a man of your word" right?

I love how whenever you get backed into a logical corner and called on your BS argumentation your final response is essentially "whatever, this is pointless" rather than try to learn from it or demonstrate any understanding of what other people have said. It's easy to be confident about pretty much anything as long as you ignore any and all relevant facts.

Case in point: you have already convinced yourself that any constructive criticism or negative feedback about your video will be due to some irrational personal agenda commentators have against you rather than actual technical errors on your part. This insulates you against self doubt and soothes your raging insecurities. But don't worry, it's a very common coping mechanism.

haha ok thanks. A forum is like texting it would be stupid to write formally.

I have to comment on this one. Forums are not like texting. And I for for one hate the getting crap text messages.

To get the thread back on track, TS look up a book called " The Gift of Fear". It is all about dealing with high stress, fear inducing situations and why we have the fear response to start with.

Of course you will, you're "a man of your word" right?

I love how whenever you get backed into a logical corner and called on your BS argumentation your final response is essentially "whatever, this is pointless" rather than try to learn from it or demonstrate any understanding of what other people have said. It's easy to be confident about pretty much anything as long as you ignore any and all relevant facts.

Case in point: you have already convinced yourself that any constructive criticism or negative feedback about your video will be due to some irrational personal agenda commentators have against you rather than actual technical errors on your part. This insulates you against self doubt and soothes your raging insecurities. But don't worry, it's a very common coping mechanism.

No The reason I say whatever is because im done arguing. It gets old man.

Secondly, No I will be judged more harshly than a random guy putting there video up. That is a fact not an opinion and shouldnt be debated. I will have technical errors nothing goes perfectly smooth in a fight. I know Im going to make mistakes. That is fine with me. Everybody has to learn from mistakes. Thats what strives me.

I have a reason im confident about my physical appearence man.

Reasonable Facts:

1. I work out 4 days a week. Hard. I love working out one of my favorite things to do.

2. I am 6 ft 170 pounds. Not hardly any body fat.

3. I was hit on by a ton of girls, but now I found the girl, so I left the games behind me.

4. I was asked to pursue a modeling career by talent trek a few years ago, but didnt pursue it because basketball took up too much time.

That is reasonable FACTS of why I am confident on physical appearence.

Your a man of facts so lets show some more facts about why I am confident in jiu jitsu.

1. Every aspect of what you learn up to blue belt is self defense against an average opponent in a street fight.

2. I have tested the waters in a sense. Everyday me and my training partner do situational fight or a fight from standing up. For me thats enough to know I am ready if I would happen to be attacked in a street by a striker.

Not everything in life is logical my friend...

For example how do explain miracles?

How do explain a man who had full blown cancer and only had a few weeks to live, but then the doctors come back and check him a few weeks later and he is completely fine with the cancer gone? Use logic there. Use facts there.

You keep saying that, but I don't think you know what it means.

(props to anyone who can tell me what movie I'm paraphrasing)

Princess Bride, and I can't believe not body else has respond on this.

I am personally a fan of the R.U.S.'s

No The reason I say whatever is because im done arguing. It gets old man.

Secondly, No I will be judged more harshly than a random guy putting there video up. That is a fact not an opinion and shouldnt be debated. I will have technical errors nothing goes perfectly smooth in a fight. I know Im going to make mistakes. That is fine with me. Everybody has to learn from mistakes. Thats what strives me.

I have a reason im confident about my physical appearence man.

Reasonable Facts:

1. I work out 4 days a week. Hard. I love working out one of my favorite things to do.

2. I am 6 ft 170 pounds. Not hardly any body fat.

3. I was hit on by a ton of girls, but now I found the girl, so I left the games behind me.

4. I was asked to pursue a modeling career by talent trek a few years ago, but didnt pursue it because basketball took up too much time.

That is reasonable FACTS of why I am confident on physical appearence.

Your a man of facts so lets show some more facts about why I am confident in jiu jitsu.

1. Every aspect of what you learn up to blue belt is self defense against an average opponent in a street fight.

2. I have tested the waters in a sense. Everyday me and my training partner do situational fight or a fight from standing up. For me thats enough to know I am ready if I would happen to be attacked in a street by a striker.

Not everything in life is logical my friend...

For example how do explain miracles?

How do explain a man who had full blown cancer and only had a few weeks to live, but then the doctors come back and check him a few weeks later and he is completely fine with the cancer gone? Use logic there. Use facts there.
Human error...(original diagnosis) Xrays/scans/mri's can all be done/read incorrectly or have outlying factors on why someone could come up with a diagnosis incorrectly.

Modern medicine is FAR from an exact science.

Human error...(original diagnosis) Xrays/scans/mri's can all be done/read incorrectly or have outlying factors on why someone could come up with a diagnosis incorrectly.

This. You actually think a doctor can't be wrong?

Do you not think they would have had more than 1 x ray/scans/mri's ect. If they are giving someone less than two weeks to live then it has been checked repeatedly. They dont tell someone you have two weeks without taking all the precautions and getting second opinions, but yes there could be a failure, but is every machine going to be broken? Every test they take to see if someone has cancer going to fail? Blood tests dont really lie that much. Even if it came back and said he had full blown cancer they would check it again just incase. I dont think it would fail everytime. Although that has some logic. I think its more than that. I think it doesnt have an answer, fact, or even logic. Somethings in life are like that. You cant explain god with facts and logic unless you believe in the bible which many ppl have a problem with because you have to have faith, rather than facts and logic. God cannot be visually seen. Does that make him fake? no. Lets think about something God created all things and life is based on faith. You have to have faith in God and no hes there. Its not something you can put into a formula and test or see. A lot of things in life are like that.

I agree with you on that man modern medicine is far from an exact science.

Back