staying calm during confrontation

i agree here naturally you may be a little nervous at first. The only way to overcome the fear is to train like a fight. If you train like youre in a real fight then when a real fight comes you will know that you have done this a 1000 times and its just another day of training. Confidence is the number one key. The way to get confidence is practice, which leads to success, and success to confidence, and confidence usually to victory.

My training partner got in an incident the other day, he went to a gas station where a guy confronted him and my training partner said he wasnt fighting and left and went home. Well this guy followed him home and my training partner was standing at the door and this came at him swinging so he took him down full mounted him and put the super hooks in and told the guy to relax, then the guy rolled over and it was a rnc, which that guy said he was done so my training partner let him up and then he came right back at him which eventually led to another rnc. My training partner just calmed the situation. Then after the guy left he came back with 5 guys and they were holding bricks and rocks and my training partner called the cops and then those guys took the bricks and rocks and screwed his lincoln car up and kicked his tail light in and threw a rock through the apartment window and then one of them posted what they did on facebook and then my training partner printed it off haha and now they are in some trouble, but as you can see its always better to try to avoid a situation if possible. Never know how far its gonna escalade. If my training partner would have seriously injured the guy it could have been a lot worse when he came back with his friends.

No one takes anything you say seriously anymore. Just know this.

WHATS UP GJJ FIGHTER IS BACK!

you gonna respond to any of padlock's posts?

haha yeah im back its been busy lately and probably not im done arguing man. Im getting tired of it. I still have a video to put up. I know no matter if my jiu jitsu is top notch or crap, that putting the vid up is pointless cuz everybody is gonna hate on it no matter what lol. You know it and I know it.

i agree here naturally you may be a little nervous at first. The only way to overcome the fear is to train like a fight. If you train like youre in a real fight then when a real fight comes you will know that you have done this a 1000 times and its just another day of training. Confidence is the number one key. The way to get confidence is practice, which leads to success, and success to confidence, and confidence usually to victory.

My training partner got in an incident the other day, he went to a gas station where a guy confronted him and my training partner said he wasnt fighting and left and went home. Well this guy followed him home and my training partner was standing at the door and this came at him swinging so he took him down full mounted him and put the super hooks in and told the guy to relax, then the guy rolled over and it was a rnc, which that guy said he was done so my training partner let him up and then he came right back at him which eventually led to another rnc. My training partner just calmed the situation. Then after the guy left he came back with 5 guys and they were holding bricks and rocks and my training partner called the cops and then those guys took the bricks and rocks and screwed his lincoln car up and kicked his tail light in and threw a rock through the apartment window and then one of them posted what they did on facebook and then my training partner printed it off haha and now they are in some trouble, but as you can see its always better to try to avoid a situation if possible. Never know how far its gonna escalade. If my training partner would have seriously injured the guy it could have been a lot worse when he came back with his friends.
.....suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

WHATS UP GJJ FIGHTER IS BACK!

you gonna respond to any of padlock's posts?

Not a chance he will because from the post above it proves 100% without a doubt it was a serious troll job.

.....suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

Not a chance he will because from the post above it proves 100% without a doubt it was a serious troll job.

I promise it happened I can give you details of what happened and who was involved in a pm if you want me to. I am a man of my word im gonna post a vid.

heres some of the posts that are still left on facebook
1. Rachel Young Hey Lincolns...they're up there with BMW's. You better watch your back she's going to take care of you herself hahahahaha.Sun at 11:55pm

Last edited:
I promise it happened I can give you details of what happened and who was involved in a pm if you want me to. I am a man of my word im gonna post a vid.

How about I buy you a plane ticket down to Dallas or Houston...your choice, so you can roll in a real gym? PM me details if you really are a man of your word.

How about I buy you a plane ticket down to Dallas or Houston...your choice, so you can roll in a real gym? PM me details if you really are a man of your word.

I gave you some of the details in the last post about the posts that are still on facebook, but alright i will pm you. i would love to come roll! It would prob have to be summer cuz of college right now tho.

Carry a gun with you everywhere you go. That way if you have to fight..

Take the person down, control and gain position. Once you get into mount, put the gun to their head and let them know very passively how much damage you could inflict from this position. You are a skilled fighter and your gun is your best weapon.

Then after the guy left he came back with 5 guys and they were holding bricks and rocks and my training partner called the cops and then those guys took the bricks and rocks and screwed his lincoln car up and kicked his tail light in and threw a rock through the apartment window and then one of them posted what they did on facebook and then my training partner printed it off haha and now they are in some trouble, but as you can see its always better to try to avoid a situation if possible. Never know how far its gonna escalade. If my training partner would have seriously injured the guy it could have been a lot worse when he came back with his friends.
was it a lincoln or an escalade?
High school just called and it wants it's run-on sentences and 9th grade story back.

on a side note: it's been bounced around but BJJ would be great for 1 vs. 1
people say 'don't pull guard in a street fight' but BJJ is so much more than that. The control aspect is what it's all about. In a street fight you could have top position and control the person the whole time and decide what you want to do...or just detain and call the cops, etc. playing guard in a street fight would be dumb, but if you end up there it's great to know sweeps/reversals/subs.

^^^ A lot of people don't train in grappling.. especially if they are picking a fight outside of a gym. Pulling guard on someone who doesn't know how to maintain posture, keep their arms/ elbows in tight, etc would be relatively easy to pwn. Without a good base, for them to start dropping punches or elbows would just invite you to about 100% of every sub/ sweep you learn in bjj the first couple years of training.

I prefer turtle guard when I get in street fights. I make Telles look like a noob.

Just like I told my brother who is a freshman in high school. If you get into a 1 on 1 fight, and you end up in guard, don't stay flat on your back and keep your hips moving.

if you end up on your back with a dude in your guard on the street, put your feet on his hips and push him away hard. don't risk laying down in a real fight.

was it a lincoln or an escalade?
High school just called and it wants it's run-on sentences and 9th grade story back.

on a side note: it's been bounced around but BJJ would be great for 1 vs. 1
people say 'don't pull guard in a street fight' but BJJ is so much more than that. The control aspect is what it's all about. In a street fight you could have top position and control the person the whole time and decide what you want to do...or just detain and call the cops, etc. playing guard in a street fight would be dumb, but if you end up there it's great to know sweeps/reversals/subs.

Oh im so sorry professor Andre. My grammer can not be tolerated. I didnt realize I was still in composition class. I thought I had already recieved my credits in comp 1 and comp 2. I could have swore I was on spring break from college this week. I must have mistaken please forgive my negligence in this manner.

Its actually a Lincoln Ls it is silver with tinted windows.

Shut up plz stop bringing up grammer this is like texting. spelling or run on sentences it doesnt matter if it bothers you so much get off this thread or dont read what i put its that simple.

Last edited:
Yeah run on sentences are cool besides we arent writing an essay you should ease up andre and be cool dont you wanna be cool?

but to gjj fighter wehere you been man i havent heard from you in a while. You didn't happen to check out the gym did ya?! Lol

Oh im so sorry professor Andre. My grammer can not be tolerated. I didnt realize I was still in composition class. I thought I had already recieved my credits in comp 1 and comp 2. I could have swore I was on spring break from college this week. I must have mistaken please forgive my negligence in this manner.

Its actually a Lincoln Ls it is silver with tinted windows.

Shut up plz stop bringing up grammer this is like texting. spelling or run on sentences it doesnt matter if it bothers you so much get off this thread or dont read what i put its that simple.

lol.
I was just playing around and being a dick. Besides 'professor' is so formal, you can just call me Mr. Andre.:icon_chee

I really don't care about grammer to much, i just thought it was funny when I saw 'escalade' instead of 'escalate'. A little subliminal advertising.

about your story though...sounds like those guys knew each other...if someone followed me home and threw a punch (or whatever) I would probably choke him out cold. When he came back with friends and starting throwing bricks...calling the cops would've been a good idea.
letting go of someone when you have a dominate position b/c they say 'let me go' is giving them a chance to start back on their feet...lesson learned!

Yeah run on sentences are cool besides we arent writing an essay you should ease up andre and be cool dont you wanna be cool?

but to gjj fighter wehere you been man i havent heard from you in a while. You didn't happen to check out the gym did ya?! Lol

haha man ive been busy havent been on much at all... but yea man I liked it a lot. It seems like a good school for sure! I may start going there some when I get the money its pricey lol. Although Ill still continue the master cycle as well. Its pretty dang good.

GJJ fighter - are we internet fighting?
I don't know if you noticed how many posts I have, but I'm kind of a big deal here.:rolleyes:

lol.
I was just playing around and being a dick. Besides 'professor' is so formal, you can just call me Mr. Andre.:icon_chee

I really don't care about grammer to much, i just thought it was funny when I saw 'escalade' instead of 'escalate'. A little subliminal advertising.

about your story though...sounds like those guys knew each other...if someone followed me home and threw a punch (or whatever) I would probably choke him out cold. When he came back with friends and starting throwing bricks...calling the cops would've been a good idea.
letting go of someone when you have a dominate position b/c they say 'let me go' is giving them a chance to start back on their feet...lesson learned!

haha alright andre it is and yea he learned a lesson. I told him most ppl arent going to stop when they are that mad unless something snaps or they go to sleep. They do know each other they were at a party a while back about 6 months ago and nick was just joking around and told everybody the first person that goes to sleep is getting smaked with a fabric belt lol and dosher went to sleep he smacked him with the fabric belt and dude lost it. Nick was just messing around tho everybody else thought it was funny besides dosher he was pissed.

Back