Serious discussion: If you think Conor plausibly beats Floyd, explain how

Nobody can take that left hand shot
zab-judah-lands-on-mayweather-o.gif
610417_o.gif

floyd-mayweather-vs-chop-chop-corley.gif
pz2wj7qizndsh5cvbi5y.gif

I don't think anyone actually thinks Conor has a chance. Most are just trolling

Assuming that Floyd hasn't aged too much and still can perform like he used to, Conor's only shot is to hurt Floyd in the early rounds and finish him off. If Floyd gets his timing down, Conor's screwed.

Keep in mind, this will be fought entirely on Floyd's terms. Giant ring, ref who allows excessive clinching, etc. Everything will be stacked in Floyd's favour as much as possible.

LOL at you thinking Floyd would need to clinch. Trust me Conor would be the one trying to clinch up. Floyd lands anything he wants at any time and Conor swings at air

People actually believe he brings something unique a professional boxer like floyd has never seen because hes unorthodox and fights mma. Boxers spend hours on hours on hours, most of there lives training straight boxing. Every style, every angle, every punch. Its literally a science. And people actually think Conors gonna come in with something we or floyd have never seen before lol get a grip honestly

When they say unique it actually just means poor technique

By winning the fight mentally and emotionally before it even starts.

Yeah! Conor will do his usual mental warfare and tell Floyd about all his accomplishments and how much money he makes. Oh wait, that wont work because Floyd is far more accomplished and has far more money. Floyd is basically what Conor is trying to be. Conor will shrink when he pulls up in his rented Bentley and Floyd gets off his paid for privet jet

Add to that that Floyd is unbelievably tough mentally. Definitely much more then Conor

Hope that Floyd has significantly slowed with age and has as stroke on the way to the ring.

Floyd has pillow fists. All Conor has to do is stick and move, tire Floyd out, and knock his ass out in maybe the second or third round.

LOL at you thinking Floyd would need to clinch. Trust me Conor would be the one trying to clinch up. Floyd lands anything he wants at any time and Conor swings at air

You're an idiot. No where did I say Floyd needs to clinch. All I said was he would have a ref that would be favourable to it.

You're an idiot. No where did I say Floyd needs to clinch. All I said was he would have a ref that would be favourable to it.

Sounds like if anything clinching would help Conor (not that it would matter) since Floyd would be the one landing all the punches

Sounds like if anything clinching would help Conor (not that it would matter) since Floyd would be the one landing all the punches

You are missing the point entirely. Pull your head out of your ass.

Fluke KO punch. That's literally the only way Conor wins in a sanctioned boxing match. In an MMA match, Conor rapes Floyd any way he wants.

You are missing the point entirely. Pull your head out of your ass.

I get your point and you are right. I am just saying you probably shouldn't have mentioned a ref that allows excessive clinching as a pro for Floyd. Conors only chance to make it out of the first would be to clinch every second

Yeah! Conor will do his usual mental warfare and tell Floyd about all his accomplishments and how much money he makes. Oh wait, that wont work because Floyd is far more accomplished and has far more money. Floyd is basically what Conor is trying to be. Conor will shrink when he pulls up in his rented Bentley and Floyd gets off his paid for privet jet

Add to that that Floyd is unbelievably tough mentally. Definitely much more then Conor

It should be relatively straight forward to do. Floyd is surrounded by people who constantly tell him how great he is. Conor will make him question his career and IQ, education level (can Floyd even read?).

Given the amazing events of the past several months (eg Trump win, Cubs win, Patriots comeback, etc) related to sports and life generally,I would no longer be shocked if McGregor beat Floyd Maywethetr in a boxing match.

Having said that, I have no idea how he would win that fight or his best chance at doing so. Anyone else have thoughts?

5% chance of this but here is the only set of reasons i can think of.

1. Mayweather suddenly shows up older and slower

2. Conor has size and reach.

3. Mayweather is overconfident and exposes his chin.

Thats it...

Half the people on here who claim to know boxing don't, they just know Mayweather is an all time great and hate Conor. That being said Floyd should be the heavy heavy favourite. Floyd though is nearing 40, hasn't fought in awhile and his reflexes which he relies on are inevitably declining faster and faster. Conor has the power advantage, fast reflexes and is just all around in his prime.

Conor could already have a career as a pro-boxer this second(contrary to what people on here will say) even if he wouldn't be challenging the elite. His raw abilities have so much potential in a pure boxing realm, a great sense of timing, reflexes, and power. Now give him quality boxing training with proper partners, and let father time do his work on Floyd en route to the fight. I'd guarantee that Floyd isn't gonna look like some killer against Conor like some think, Conor is a real fighter and just a formidable force overall, at the very least his boxing is enough to protect himself.

People on here come up with this bs like, "Lebron could be a champ." when this is an actual transition situation that makes sense and is exciting. Take the better athlete (at this point) and the bigger guy with established rare striking abilities already and show me that he knocked out an aging great? I'm not gonna be astronomically surprised.

Other notes on Conor's side.

- Floyd has on occasion shown a susceptibility to a strong left hand.
- Mentally Conor has the comfort of knowing Floyd couldn't hurt him in real life, or his whole team. Small possibility it could play in his favour during the build up.

Last edited:
Back