Retiring with the Title/Belt is Unacceptable. ( Unless medical reasons of course )

Yeah but they were never the greatest of all time were they?

And I don't know know some of the older boxers and their circumstances. I do know Ali and Tyson though and that's my two for boxing.

Same for Fedor, Anderson and BJ Penn.

I should go do something enjoyable.

Sounds like a masturbation session in the basement again?

He was when he heard about it yes. I heard it from Dana I think.

Then Hendricks is a moron, as I said.

I understand why, none of you guy's do evidently.

Yeah, no shit. There's like 14 pages of you "understanding" and the rest of us not.

It's not even that bad cause he got the better of GSP that night anyways.

Not according to two of the three people who are the only people who's opinions count.

i don't hate on fighters for losing. You fight to compete, to challenge yourself and others. You win or you lose.[/QUOTE]

And when you feel it's time to call it quits, you call it quits, regardless of circumstance.

Cause that's part of their legacy too,their career.

Being undefeated for 14 fights in a row and then losing 6/8 ends up giving you a shitty record that doesn't compare well to other contenders for GOAT and P4P status.

Look at Bones for example.If he's undefeated for the next 2 years(assuming) he will break Anderson's and GSP's records for total ufc wins,no of title defenses,consecutive defenses,etc.

And of course no of losses he's had.

If Bones decides to stick around after that,start losing and drops lot of fights,etc what claim would he have to GOAT status.

It's your entire career that counts and has to hold up to introspection not just the dominant part of your career.

First, you used an extreme example. No one is considering 20-8 GOAT status. I am talking about a few loses that occur well past your prime.

IDK where Bones fits in to what I said, but I think he's on his way. Probably already LHW GOAT or at least in consideration. We will see a lot of that, since the sport is young.

I just don't see why it makes a difference. If AS retired before Weidman, you would view his career more favorably then now? Think of it this way. AS's skills have declined whether he decides to fight or not. He is not the same fighter. If he didn't fight, we just wouldn't have known that. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Losing at the end of your career just let's you know it's over and really shouldn't take away from your legacy, IMO.

Disagree. Especially since he relinquished the belt, I have absolutely no problem with GSP going out on top.

He was when he heard about it yes. I heard it from Dana I think.

I understand why, none of you guy's do evidently.

It's not even that bad cause he got the better of GSP that night anyways.

If Machida retired after his first fight with Shogun............. I would have a serious disdain. Machida is one of my fav's these days.

I don't hate on fighters for losing. You fight to compete, to challenge yourself and others. You win or you lose.

Dana wanted to make the rematch happen really bad. He would have said anything to get GSP to do it. Dana would have made big money with the rematch.

Hendricks only cares about being champ. He doesn

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.

ok...got it

Dana wanted to make the rematch happen really bad. He would have said anything to get GSP to do it. Dana would have made big money with the rematch.

Hendricks only cares about being champ. He doesn

IMO GSP has no responsibility to you, me, any other fan, or the UFC.

He has a responsibility to himself, his health (mental and physical) and his family.

GSP has given as much to the sport as he has taken already, it is my opinion he owes the UFC or his fans nothing, and his reasons, he has a right to keep personal and private if he so chooses, the guy was a professional fighter and conducted himself with excellence his entire run to and at the top, I think people should get up off his back tbh.

" Retiring with the Title/Belt is Unacceptable." Everytime i read the title, it just really makes me want to ask who THE FUCK are you?

Sorry for that outburst, annoyed I am.

Last edited:
Your an idiot.

What if the best of the best never lose, and keep accumulating brain damage, and completely wear out their bodies. This is a sport, not a fucking Roman times spectacle.

And I didnt realize Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitchko lost their titles to anyone.

Couple of f'n studs.

oh shut the fuck up. you should seriously be banned for being so stupid. you dont get decide when an "honorable" time is to stop getting punched in the face for a living

Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT

what the hell do you know about the above? you are not, will not be, and were not, a champion.

fighting is dangerous. if you think Silva owed it to the sport to be concussed and receive a serious fracture in order to go about his life, then I hope you realize it is nothing more than your little fantasy.

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.

Edit: Most of the best fight because they want to be the best. Not because it's a quick and easy way to make money.

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. These posters don't understand that.

If you think they discourage me or I changed my opinion, not at all.

Lennox Lewis. Close the thread.

yes all the champs should fight until they are 40+ years old and get the shit beat out of them when they are past their prime because it's good for the sport.

Lolz. The champ has to go out with a few losses to have haters talk more crap than ever? I love Fedor, though I wish he would've left before all that crap. GSP left when he has nothing left to prove. SMART! What the hell is unacceptable about that?

I want some real fighters opinions on this retirement by GSP.

Nick Newell @NotoriousNewell

The worst thing you could ever do is take a fight when your heart isn't in it. GSP made the right decision without question.

Julie Kedzie @julesk_fighter

Thank you @GeorgesStPierre for being an amazing competitor and champion. Much respect and love. Good luck to you in our future endeavors!

Vitor Belfort @vitorbelfort

@GeorgesStPierre I admire you posture. You are a true champion I will miss your fights . go enjoy life u deserve champ

Brian Stann @BrianStann

GSP is a great success story, great career and all class, happy for him. Exit on his terms. Hendricks vs Lawler is going to be insane!!

Anthony Johnson @Anthony_Rumble

Was a honor to watch GSP all these yrs. You made a huge impact on the Sport. No matter what Anybody had/has to say you were a True Champion

Anderson Silva said:
"I think that everyone knows their right timing and the moment they're living," Silva said in a Tuesday media teleconference. "You have to respect Georges St-Pierre for everything he's done in the sport. If he feels like this is the correct time, we have to respect him. Everyone knows their time they have to retire or take a moment to step away, so, you gotta respect it."

Ronda Rousey said:
""If you fight for living, you're fighting for your life every time you go in there," said Rousey. "It's a stressful situation if you think about it. The worst thing that could happen to your day isn't that you might get fired. It's that you could really get physically harmed, and not just that, but your pride could get irrevocably harmed as well. A lot of stress you face time and time again, and it's so much that you really have to have a desire for what you do. You can't fight for anyone but yourself."
"Georges had just passed the record for most time ever spent in the Octagon,"

Rousey said. "He just broke the record. No one spent as much time as him ever in the Octagon before, so can you really blame him for really feeling like he was done? No one reached that point yet. I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to do more. If he wants to do more, awesome, go for it. But if he expects him to be done, he's done, that's fine. Go rest. You deserve it. You don't have to risk your life for anyone."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/13/5208246/georges-st-pierres-retirement-in-tweets-pros-react-to-gsps-indefinite
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/12/17/5221178/anderson-silva-ronda-rousey-comment-on-georges-st-pierres-hiatus

How can a free man, in a democratic country, be forced to fight until he loses?

It's bad enough he can't fight for anyone else until he loses in the UFC. GSP could sign with the devil, Don King, and make more money in one fight than his entire UFC career.

Back