This is the one time that the interim belt is more legit than the undisputed belt

I don't think Jon sticks around to fight Aspinall. He's probably going to dip out after the Stipe fight.
That was always Jon's plan.
Tom fought and beat the toughest guy at HW. He's the real champ.

Jones coming back to fight old Stipe because he wants him on his resume/legacy is sad. The entire point of the interim title is you are the champ until the injured champ comes back and you fight to unify them. Jones thinks that Stipe will solidify his HW legacy but in reality, beating Aspinall would be the fight that does that. If he beat Tom and retired after that, it would mean so much more than Stipe.
This.

Did yall see that clip of Stipe hobbling through the arena? UFC needs to nix that fight, make Stipe retire, and let Jones decide if he has nuts or not, so that we, collectively, can move on.

Bro, was going to make that thread but you cant embed instgram stories. He legit was limping hard..or his pants were way too tight. He's done. I'd pay him to retire at this point

Bro, was going to make that thread but you cant embed instgram stories. He legit was limping hard..or his pants were way too tight. He's done. I'd pay him to retire at this point
I think the most likely scenario is neither Stipe nor Jones fights again, and it will be an even bigger smudge on HW in UFC.

I think the most likely scenario is neither Stipe nor Jones fights again, and it will be an even bigger smudge on HW in UFC.

Their fight is happening. It's a retirement pension fight for both. It's a pure cash grab at this point and I'm not going to fault them for doing it

I reckon it might not be the first time, but I do agree with you.

Im sorry, but if you are the HW champ, you dont duck the Interim champ, otherwise what is the point of an interim champ? Who even thinks this is legit? Stipe should just retire.

Randy ducked interim champion Big Nog to fight Brock. Probably for the money.

Their fight is happening. It's a retirement pension fight for both. It's a pure cash grab at this point and I'm not going to fault them for doing it
I'm not convinced it will happen at this point. Another year? Stipe gonna be on hospice by then

Don't lie.

Aspinall weighed in at 251 lbs for the Blaydes fight and 252 lbs for Volkov. Even without a camp for this fight, he weighed in at 261 lbs.

Aspinall has said he weighs 277 out of camp. I'm not lying, just reporting what he says. If you think he's lying, sure. But cutting 15-20 lbs would be nothing for a heavyweight anyways.

Last edited:
Did yall see that clip of Stipe hobbling through the arena? UFC needs to nix that fight, make Stipe retire, and let Jones decide if he has nuts or not, so that we, collectively, can move on.

Between Stipe's bowleggedness and those tightass pants, no wonder his gait was a little rolling. I wouldn't call that "hobbling."

EDIT: I watched a clip of him walking into the arena before I even read comments here, and noticed nothing unusual for him. So I'm not bluffing up some excuse just to argue and defend. But I am getting heartily sick of all these amateur doctor opinions. You'd get Stipe thrown out of the UFC on the basis of a diagnosis more baseless than the findings of "shookologists" after a staredown.

Last edited:
Negative. Aspinall has power and speed, and ground game to beat Ngannou.
Yeah he does. But he and Jones are still paper champs. Do you even have any fucking clue what a paper champ is? It doesn't sound like it

I mean Tom Aspinall is legit but I think Jones beats him.
I've been saying for the longest that Aspinall is better than Jones everywhere. He has 100% tdd, better boxing, more power, better submissions, faster. There's literally no avenue for Jon to win imo. The interim belt is the legit belt.

Yawn... another Jones hating thread. These used to be amusing.
giphy.gif

I agree.

Jones ducked Ngannou for years until he left UFC. Moved up and fought the guy he just saw get outwrestled for 25 minutes. Then sits out for a whole year and chooses to call out a retired old man who’s last UFC fight was a vicious KO like 2-3 years ago instead of any of the line of contenders.
Dana is the post fight presser tonight said that Francis ducked Jones. Lol, that they would never co promote with the PFL. Told the media guy that his question was the stupid question of the night. I hate Dana.

I've been saying for the longest that Aspinall is better than Jones everywhere. He has 100% tdd, better boxing, more power, better submissions, faster. There's literally no avenue for Jon to win imo. The interim belt is the legit belt.

Aspinall is also bigger and the same height. Jones does have avenues to win though. He's inordinately tough and we've never seen him get tired. He has "won" fights by outlasting opponents who were outstriking him early. So that is his path to victory, although I'm in agreement that Aspinall is generally the more lethal fighter and I'd 100% bet on him to win.

I agree.

Jones ducked Ngannou for years until he left UFC. Moved up and fought the guy he just saw get outwrestled for 25 minutes. Then sits out for a whole year and chooses to call out a retired old man who’s last UFC fight was a vicious KO like 2-3 years ago instead of any of the line of contenders.

Fraud Jones

Back