This is the one time that the interim belt is more legit than the undisputed belt

achoo42

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Everyone knows that the interim belt isn't a real belt, right?

Well, this time it is. If Jones and Stipe do fight, they're both retiring. And even if the winner doesn't retire right away, they certainly aren't gonna defend against Aspinall. So Aspinall becomes the real champion no matter what happens.

Tom's reign starts now.

Last edited:
I mean Tom Aspinall is legit but I think Jones beats him.

Aspinall is the most special heavyweight (skill wise) I’ve ever seen in the UFC.

So yes, he gives great legitimacy to this belt. Honestly think he’ll be p4p top 3 within a year or two.

I will give Jon until 300 to unify before I agree.

Im sorry, but if you are the HW champ, you dont duck the Interim champ, otherwise what is the point of an interim champ? Who even thinks this is legit? Stipe should just retire.

wait is it really still interim belt?
ufc is such a joke that they actually gave jones who won 1 fight in hw the real belt
and Jones probably won't fight again till the end of 2024

I agree.

Jones ducked Ngannou for years until he left UFC. Moved up and fought the guy he just saw get outwrestled for 25 minutes. Then sits out for a whole year and chooses to call out a retired old man who’s last UFC fight was a vicious KO like 2-3 years ago instead of any of the line of contenders.

Did you miss when McGregor and Khabib held up the LW division? Tony Ferguson was the real champ when Khabib didnt know how to cut weight and McGregor too busy chasing Floyd. He gets legit injured and UFC puts him on the side to fight hasbeens like Pettis and Cowboy to make a money fight between those two.

it doesn’t get mention much how those 2 really fucked Tony legacy.

I fully agree.
I don't wish ill intentions on everybody but I hope Stipe has to pull out of the Jones fight and we get a very blatant duck from Jones against Aspinall. If he fights Stipe and wins I have a feeling he's going to get to ride into the sunset like GSP did ducking Whittaker and Romero and history looks back on his as the best HW of the time.

Yep, this fight was between two legit top contenders that stormed through the division. The “real” title was between a guy that was off for 3 years and a guy that while a legit contender, had lost the actual real title fight not long before. And the “real” champion is supposed to defend against a guy on a 3 year layoff coming off a loss.

Everyone knows that the interim belt isn't a real belt, right?

Well, this time it is. If Jones and Stipe do fight, they're both retiring. And even if the winner doesn't retire right away, they certainly aren't gonna defend against Aspinall. So Aspinall becomes the real champion no matter what happens.

Tom's reign starts now.

Very true

Back