Reasons to suggest that Jon Jones is better than Might Mouse

More faulty logic. DC is a big win, no doubt. The others you mention when Jon fought them were not HOF caliber. All .500 fighters or worse from the year Jon fought them to the present. The idea that an Olympic Gold medal winner, a world champion Jiu Jitsu fighter and a guy that won TUF finishing a guy that became the bantamweight champ are "maybe on par" with Alexander Gustaffson whose biggest claim to fame is making it interesting against JBJ shows your bias.

Let me ask you this - what have his opponents ever accomplished in MMA? You say, "well he's an olympic medalist, "etc. But we've seen olympic medalists lose to club tier fighters and never amount to anything. I'm talking MMA accomplishments, not assumptions and hype. When he fought Shogun, Shogun had just won the title. When he fought Rampage, Rampage had just fought the former champion in Lyoto Machida and won a close fight. When he fought Machida, Machida was just one fight away from losing the title. Daniel Cormier is self explanatory. I think you're mixing up your feelings about Jon and what he's done outside of the cage, with what he's done inside of the cage.
The achievements of Mighty Mouse opponents do not compare in the slightest. Theo only argument you could make is the steroid thing, or that Mighty Mouse is maybe more dominant.

MM is great and all and I truly do like the guy. But let's be real, the level of competition in that division is not the same as other divisions.

1. He's undefeated (you know what I mean), granted MM lost fights at a weight class in which he was a lot smaller.
2. He is in a more talent stacked weight class (across all organisations and across the world LHW has more fighters). Contrary to what some MM fans on Sherdog have been saying there are actually more fighters at LHW than at FTW according to the tapology website with 574 to 462 across the globe https://www.tapology.com/rankings/groups/current. There are also more people in general around the LHW height (in the USA at least) https://www2.census.gov/library/publications/2010/compendia/statab/130ed/tables/11s0205.pdf.
3. He is the more incredible fighter to watch. MM is highly entertaining but Jones is unlike anything else I've ever seen. His fighting is violent and unpredictable and is expressed through a bodily mechanics that is simply freakish. This is probably the biggest point I can make. Some suggest Mayweather is not the GOAT because of the way he fights, and whilst MM is an entertaining and unbelievably skilled fighter, he does not excite nor express combat in the same way Jones does. When you're watching Jones you are watching art. This is a very legitimate reason to suggest why one fighter is better when their records are within close proximity of each other.
4.MM is a more complete fighter but not by much. One of the biggest criticisms of Jon is his boxing, but watch the Glover fight and you will notice that he certainly "can" box but usually opts not to. Only the boxing and the BJJ of Jones "could" be said to be below that of MM, whilst every other skill is either level with or beyond MM.
5. Bigger threat of knockouts at LHW than FTW, meaning less margin for error. This point is pretty obvious.

Yes there is the PEDS issue with Jon that looms over him but I think that is overstated for two reasons. Firstly, Jon is a skill based fighter with incredible physical attributes, he is not a strength based fighter or a knockout artist (He is also not "big" and when he was "bigger" against OSP he fought worse). Secondly, many of the guys who he destroyed were known steroid users and judging by their bodies were on way more stuff than Jon (if he was indeed on stuff). This is not something MM has really had to deal with. Roids or no Roids Jon is a different animal to everyone else.

Lastly, it's perfectly fine and reasonable to say MM is the GOAT but saying you're only a true MMA fan if you think MM is the GOAT is ridiculous. We're entitled to choose favourites especially when you take into account fighting style and other basic facts.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

I feel he got saved by corrupt American judges versus Gus. Otherwise, he has cleared out a division consisting mostly of dinosaurs but proven fighters. Still, MM has a division of nameless fighters, guys who have no place in the sport but it goes to show how weak the division is, and how safe MM is staying put. No part of Cruz or CoGar

MM dominates his opponents far more than Jones. Jones only just ecked out wins against Cormier, Gus, Rashad and others. In most of MM fights there is no guessing who won. There is not even a question.
MM fights in the goat manlet division. The guy crushes cans.

Jones has beat a raft of legends and has beaten one of the best HW/LHW's of all time and made it look relatively easy.

MM hasn't beaten any legends and fights in the weakest weight division.

Its a joke of a division. In MM defense, JJ is crushing dinosaurs, legends as in they were there before the stone age. Its not like Forrest turtled Shogun. Its not like Jackson was on a rampage had just KTFO Chuck. Its not like Machida was destroying everyone undefeated. He beat busted fragile fighters at the tail end of their career. Shogun should be axed. Sonnen is a MW. Page got axed from UFC. DC, Gus, Glover are the only quality wins he has in a broken division.

MM has zero quality opponents. He fights cans.

Jones would literally backhand Mighty Mouse into bolivian

I dont talk in pointless ill-informed speculation and guesswork about who might have been on roids and who might have been affected more by them. I dont talk in biased nonsense about strength-based fighters vs technique-based fighters (?). I dont ever say "roids or no roids" when it comes to MMA, because that is a moronic and ignorant perspective. We have nothing to discuss, because I am a knowledgeable and informed and articulate MMA enthusiast, and you are a rat of the braindead variety. Congrats.

When it's all said and done it's okay you can love Weidman as much as you like and hate all his future imaginary opponents at LHW.

I feel he got saved by corrupt American judges versus Gus. Otherwise, he has cleared out a division consisting mostly of dinosaurs but proven fighters. Still, MM has a division of nameless fighters, guys who have no place in the sport but it goes to show how weak the division is, and how safe MM is staying put. No part of Cruz or CoGar

What that was a pretty clear or at least very reasonable 48-47 that was pretty much backed by everybody. Like Cody and Cruz but they're not Jon.

Jon Jones is goofy, stiff and stuck in the mud.
Mighty Mouse all day.

When it's all said and done it's okay you can love Weidman as much as you like and hate all his future imaginary opponents at LHW.

It's ok though, because I do take roids but I'm not a strength-based poster...

Your ignorance is really just incredible.

What that was a pretty clear or at least very reasonable 48-47 that was pretty much backed by everybody. Like Cody and Cruz but they're not Jon.

Jon is good no doubt but, he is crushing dinosaurs/past prime fighters. Many of whom should be cut like Shogun,

Jonny is suspended from the sport due to suspicious performance enhancing drugs, he claims it was because he couldn't crack a phat...

Either way he is a self proclaimed pussy.
You brought up DJ not using dick pills. I repeat, is this from experience? (full homo) lol

Back