Reasons to suggest that Jon Jones is better than Might Mouse

Not really - Jones was jacked more than ever for OSP - the peak of his PED abuse.

Man, you must have insider information nobody else does. You should sell it to the mma media.

Not really - Jones was jacked more than ever for OSP - the peak of his PED abuse.

That was peak USADA popping everyone. Also does not fit your "jacked jon" theory that's the worst he's fought since he was champion.

Light Heavyweight matches are 3-times as likely end in a finish than 125. Mistakes are simply more costly & punishing, making any streak at 205 vastly superior than an equivalent streak at flyweight.

Jon's streak also includes several top-50 all-time fighters at the height of their power, whereas DJ's does not. Joe B is a top-100, and Miguel is as well but he wasn't part of DJ's defense record.

I don't think 125 has the depth at this point to allow DJ to surpass Jon. He will have to challenge himself against bantamweights if he wants to be accepted as GOAT by the majority of fans. Avenge his loss to Cruz, beat Cody, TJ, etc. Getting those 3 wins would be superior to another 10 against his flyweight comp.

how many adult men are 5'1?
how many of them are professional athletes?
how many of them are professional fighters?
0.0000000000000000000000000000001%?

thats the talent pool dj is competing against lol, cant be goat sorry not sorry

You have it backwards.

The world's top athletes (LHW size) almost always gravitate towards more lucrative tradional sports like baseball, basketball, football.

As Bob Arum once said 'there are no more superstars at HW (boxing) because they're all playing football'.

The world's top athletes who are small in stature generally have nowhere to go, since there aren't weight classes in traditional sports.

Maybe not necessarily as small as DJ, but the lighter weight classes like WW, LW and FW traditionally have more deep talent pools because of this.

Dodson fought TJ before TJ was TJ. Is an olympic wrestler better than GUS because he's an olympic wrestler? what on earth Gus kills Cejudo p4p. Is Wilson Reis better than Gus p4p ? no way Jose.

Cejudo is the second youngest wrestling gold medalist in history. Olympic history. He is the only person ever to win US Nationals as a high schooler. Wilson Reis is a former EliteXc bantamweight champ. He also won a world Jiu Jitsu championship.

Gus went 5 with Jon Jones in a loss where the champ says he didn't train. He beat Sr. citizen Shogun Rua via takedown decision and Jimmy Manuwa is his biggest win ever.

The resumes are not even close.

JJ only ever had one competive match in arguably MMA's premiere division against Gus and he still won. MM is a BW kickout beating manlets in a forgotten division.

You have it backwards.

The world's top athletes (LHW size) almost always gravitate towards more lucrative tradional sports like baseball, basketball, football.

As Bob Arum once said 'there are no more superstars at HW (boxing) because they're all playing football'.

The world's top athletes who are small in stature generally have nowhere to go, since there aren't weight classes in traditional sports.

Maybe not necessarily as small as DJ, but the lighter weight classes like WW, LW and FW traditionally have more deep talent pools because of this.

Most A-level athletes are only good for about 10 seconds of activity and require 5 mins of rest to catch their breath anyways (unless you're a Hockey player, then it's 2 mins of activity.)

Jon Jones is definetly baddest man on the planet, he should just move up to heavyweight and destroy. I don't like his personality, but he's the best at what he does.

how many adult men are 5'1?
how many of them are professional athletes?
how many of them are professional fighters?
0.0000000000000000000000000000001%?

thats the talent pool dj is competing against lol, cant be goat sorry not sorry
Quality over Quantity

Cejudo is the second youngest wrestling gold medalist in history. Olympic history. He is the only person ever to win US Nationals as a high schooler. Wilson Reis is a former EliteXc bantamweight champ. He also won a world Jiu Jitsu championship.

Gus went 5 with Jon Jones in a loss where the champ says he didn't train. He beat Sr. citizen Shogun Rua via takedown decision and Jimmy Manuwa is his biggest win ever.

None of those things are MMA itself Mr. Sonnen. EliteXC? Will Brooks was bellator champ. Gus fought very close fights with Jon Jones (closest fight of his career) and Daniel Cormier (closest win of his career) and clearly has the best boxing at LHW. If you want to talk about specific martial arts Gus was national junior champion in boxing, not that that is a direct reflection on his MMA ability.

Last edited:
Well I remember Dominick Cruz man handling him. So he went and ran to a smaller division.

That's not a goat

You ever said Demetrius Johnson was the goat to me in real life id probably hit you with a knee to the balls. And drop another knee on your scrotum while you roll in agony like the boy you are.

Little Mighty Mouse weight classes don't exist on the streets, I'd lay that kid out flat. I'd take your goat status bud you can't even go to knots berry farm to small to get on any of the rides. What kind of man are you mighty mini dick.

The competition is not even comparable.
Bones by miles.
Bones has beaten some of the best fighters ever.

And mighty mouse is fighting guys with 5 fights and Wilson Reis.

How is Jones undefeated? Jones got demolished by Matt Hamill. Bisping destroyed Hamill tho, so it is clear who is an actual GOAT and p4p#1

The argument is an easy one to make.

The LHW division has vast amounts more history to it and has had the time to breed legends. Jones has simply taken advantage of the opportunity to beat all of those legends. Meanwhile MM's dominance has come around at a time when the division was just reaching relevancy. There are no Chuck Liddells, Forest Griffins, Rashad Evans that came before DJ. I believe Jon Jones is the best p4p fighter there is, but I also think DJ's dominance will only be truly appreciated in retrospect.

Johnson's resume doesn't even compare. How is this even a question?

Call me when he beats someone as good as Cormier.

cejudo has 0 top 10 wins and is about as one-dimensional as ronda LOL same goes for wilson reis

>bragging about beating the equivalent of royce gracie in 2k17 in mma in a world championship bout
djs division is where the rest of the UFC was, 15 years ago

Back