Reasons to suggest that Jon Jones is better than Might Mouse

Flyweights are 5'2-5'10 (Hector Sandoval to Ulka Sasaki). DJ just happens to fall on the short end of that as he's one of the smallest in the company - a potential strawweight.

All the next potential flyweight contenders in Pettis, Moreno, and Dillashaw are 5'6-5'7, same as Elliott, who grossly outsized DJ.

View attachment 230889

You may as well say LHW'S are 6" to 6' 6, those guys above 5" 6 at flyweight are exceptions and even if their are a few the vast vast vast vast majority of people above 5 " 6 will be fighting at BMW or higher. My link shows there are more fighters at LHW in the world than FTW

I said DJ has better boxing and perhaps better BJJ?

Jones is easily the better wrestler (that much is indisputable).
Jones has the better clinch and is the better striker in the clinch.
Jones has better overall striking, specifically he has better Muay Thai or whatever you want to call it (Gaidojitsu), his kicking kills DJ's, his elbows (spinning and on the ground) kill DJ's
DJ is a better boxer
DJ might have better BJJ
Jones is easily the better overall grappler
Finishing isn't a skill set.

Jones's doesn't have the better MMA wrestling, just because he is an incredibly accomplished amateur wrestler doesn't mean much. DJ uses his wrestling more and much more effectively. Jones got taken down twice by Gus of all people.

DJ also has better Muay Thai. Jones has sub-par striking which is overshadowed by his creativity. DJ showed lethal MT knees against Cejudo and dominated an olympic gold medalist in the clinch.

Doesn't make a Chael Sonnen story any more believable, that story is completely ridiculous

If it were any other professional (any i say professional loosely lol) i would dismiss the story but, the Jon Jones series of absurdity has no bounds. The man is a walking highlight reel outside UFC and yet boring as fuck in the octagon while crushing dinosaurs. Average fighter is long past prime with few exceptions.

I wont be shocked by another PEDs incident.

Jones's doesn't have the better MMA wrestling, just because he is an incredibly accomplished amateur wrestler doesn't mean much. DJ uses his wrestling more and much more effectively. Jones got taken down twice by Gus of all people.

DJ also has better Muay Thai. Jones has sub-par striking which is overshadowed by his creativity. DJ showed lethal MT knees against Cejudo and dominated an olympic gold medalist in the clinch.

Dude you honestly don't know what you're talking about if you think DJ has better wrestling than Jon Jones. First of all Jones outwrestled an olympian in DC, secondly Gus is a very good wrestler himself and DC had plenty of trouble taking GUS down (they went 1 vs 1 td's), he has 85% TD defence and has been taken down about 5 times, and would outwrestle a host of fighters. Gus was an accomplished shootfighter and submission wrestler before MMA. Jones has been taken down twice ever (once by DC and once by GUS and has 94% TD defence) and has great wrestling offense (55% accuracy) and fucking ruined plenty of fighters with his wrestling. DJ is a very very very good wrestler but is not on his level.
To say DJ has better muay thai is also ridiculous. Jones Elbows and kicks are at least twice as lethal as any muay thai DJ does.

You may as well say LHW'S are 6" to 6' 6, those guys above 5" 6 at flyweight are exceptions and even if their are a few the vast vast vast vast majority of people above 5 " 6 will be fighting at BMW or higher. My link shows there are more fighters at LHW in the world than FTW

You said flyweights are sized between 5'2 and 5'6 so I was simply correcting you.
Over a third of the UFC's flyweight are 5'6-5'10.

There is only 1 UFC flyweight at 5'2 (Hector Sandoval) and only 1 at 5'3 (Mighty Mouse). Those are exceptions just as much as there's only 1 flyweight fighter at 5'10 (Ulka Sasaki) and only 1 at 5'9 (Louis Smolka).

DJ crushes cans. JJ crushes dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are bigger so, unless this was a topic for goat manlet status...

Jon Jones crushes dinosaurs I agree.
Fighters that were once mighty but when he fought them are old and extinct.

Jon Jones crushes dinosaurs I agree.
Fighters that were once mighty but when he fought them are old and extinct.

+1

DJ is fighting cans so, the P4P status is a joke. P4P GOAT of boxing all time is Ray Robinson who fought everyone win/lose/draw. I agree with sherdog having Mcgregor on the list regardless of the Diaz loss. Where Tony is ducking MJ, Kha is fucking Ton, and Diaz is semi retired, one start emerges.

JJ in any division of lhw would be a problem but, he is a monster based upon youth and attributes.

+1

DJ is fighting cans so, the P4P status is a joke. P4P GOAT of boxing all time is Ray Robinson who fought everyone win/lose/draw. I agree with sherdog having Mcgregor on the list regardless of the Diaz loss. Where Tony is ducking MJ, Kha is fucking Ton, and Diaz is semi retired, one start emerges.

JJ in any division of lhw would be a problem but, he is a monster based upon youth and attributes.

I think during DJs title reign he's fought a lot of talented fighters that are well rounded and in their prime.

I think during DJs title reign he's fought a lot of talented fighters that are well rounded and in their prime.

Prime fighters that had no place being in the same arena let alone a fight with DJ. Wants no part of a Cruz rematch.

They are both adult male mma fighters, and we all know who would win in a fight between the two. So Jones is better.

Prime fighters that had no place being in the same arena let alone a fight with DJ. Wants no part of a Cruz rematch.

Well he beat them bc he's 1 of the most talented mma fighters ever.
At this point he's a lot better than he was the first time they fought and he's smaller so..

Lol, it's not even a debate.

Jon Jones is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. It's not even close.

What an absolutely ridiculous statement to make.

This is what I hate about MMA fans. Every week there is a new greatest fighter of all time. Stipe Miocic, having defended his belt twice, is now the greatest heavyweight that ever lived according to you idiots.

Sherdog is full of anti-social nimrods who have never competed in their lives and don't have a clue about anything, least of all sports. It is trying to have a conversation with people like you.

There are plenty of great fighters in the history of this sport, from Fedor, Wanderlei, Big Nog, and Sakuraba to Liddell, Penn, GSP, and Anderson. To sit here and say a fighter barely halfway through his career and having the taint of PED's to boot is somehow the greatest fighter in the history of the world is non-sense.

Just say you like him and that he is your favorite fighter and be done with it. Don't try to pass off your ridiculous opinions as fact. Too many people here know better.

PEDS are overrated.

And overstated

Back