post your own definitive current top 10 70kg kickboxers

• Thread starter Deleted member 467227
  • Start date
But Superbon literally just beat him. That's how rankings work. After some more fights that can quickly change, but this is recent, the Salvador fight wasn't and he had beaten Roosmalen and many others since that...
So what happens if Superbon gets beat by Jomthong?

So what happens if Superbon gets beat by Jomthong?
Then Thai's dominate the top 3!!!!

I see your point, Sittichai's body of work is superior no doubt. That's why rankings are fucking stupid and I've never given a shit about them...

ristie will be stuck in the middle forever.
yeah rankings don't make sense because many of those top 10 fighters because of contract limitations will never fight each other anyway.

They might have limitations but not that many guys are really exclusive to any promotion. Couple K-1 fw's and some Chinese basically.

None of the rankings are perfect but they give a nice picture into divisions imo. Help keep some fighters active and enable interesting fights that wouldn't happen otherwise.

They might have limitations but not that many guys are really exclusive to any promotion. Couple K-1 fw's and some Chinese basically.

None of the rankings are perfect but they give a nice picture into divisions imo. Help keep some fighters active and enable interesting fights that wouldn't happen otherwise.

not exclusives but i'm starting to think yod vs petro won't happen,sittichai vs petro won't happen in glory nor kunlun because fight1 won't risk petro to lose in china in another promotion...it already happened with yod/kunlun and petro went on to fight risk-free on wlf,after that fight his manager said wlf is a joke so i doubt we will see petro there again...

Superbon vs Sittichai: Who would you pick if it was in K-1 with the refs stopping the clinch? And in full muay thai rules?

Superbon vs Sittichai: Who would you pick if it was in K-1 with the refs stopping the clinch? And in full muay thai rules?

Sitthichai is probably a better "striker" and is a favorite with no clinch and no catching kicks. Superbon wins in Muay Thai.

Thank god that fight was in Kunlun......I agree that under k1 or glory reffing Sittichai would have the edge. Superbon is better against other orthodox fighters than sittichai is against other southpaws though, has more variety in his game. Sittichai is a bit underwhelming when his roundhouse to the body is taken away.

Sittichai is a bit underwhelming when his roundhouse to the body is taken away.
Sittichai was never going to win with his roundhouse kick. It was his boxing that was suppose to give him the edge which he failed to capitalise on whether it being his performance on that night or Superbon having improved his boxing defence but the way Superbon was getting hit by Khayal Dzhaniev in his last fight I thought sittichai would of threw and landed more punches instead of throwing the kick which kept getting caught.

Sittichai's Boxing is pretty basic similar to Yod's. It's used in conjunction with the rear leg roundhouse. You take away that roundhouse and his Boxing isn't that versatile.

Sittichai's Boxing is pretty basic similar to Yod's. It's used in conjunction with the rear leg roundhouse. You take away that roundhouse and his Boxing isn't that versatile.
Yodsanklai actually hurts people with it though.

sittichai won that second marat fight with his "basic" boxing. He barely used the roundhouse that fight because of a groin injury. i don't know what the fuck was up during the superbon fight thou as he was not using his jab like he normally has been the last year or so

fake fight!!what a bunch of fake sell outs.

And Sittichai knocked Superbon out with his in their last fight. Sittichai has underrated boxing.
I'm getting more convinced that prime Buakaw and Yodsanklai would beat Sittichai under KB (and definitely in MT)

I'm getting more convinced that prime Buakaw and Yodsanklai would beat Sittichai under KB (and definitely in MT)
I'm not convinced they would just yet. Sittichai would have just as much chance of beating them as they would of beating him under K1 or MT IMO.

Buakaw getting KO'ed by Sato didn't effect how I viewed Buakaw. Petro getting KO'ed by Ristie didn't effect how I viewed Petro and definitely Sittichai losing a close decision to Superbon hasn't changed how I view Sittichai. Instead its changed how I view Superbon.

What stands out to me with sittichai is even when he losses he doesn't lose badly. All his L's in the last 5 years have been either close or controversial. We've never seen him clearly beat or KO'ed like we've seen with Buakaw, Yod, Petro and even Superbon so to say Buakaw and Yod would definitely beat him under MT is ignorant. They COULD beat him but not definitely.

I'm not convinced they would just yet. Sittichai would have just as much chance of beating them as they would of beating him under K1 or MT IMO.

Buakaw getting KO'ed by Sato didn't effect how I viewed Buakaw. Petro getting KO'ed by Ristie didn't effect how I viewed Petro and definitely Sittichai losing a close decision to Superbon hasn't changed how I view Sittichai. Instead its changed how I view Superbon.

What stands out to me with sittichai is even when he losses he doesn't lose badly. All his L's in the last 5 years have been either close or controversial. We've never seen him clearly beat or KO'ed like we've seen with Buakaw, Yod, Petro and even Superbon so to say Buakaw and Yod would definitely beat him under MT is ignorant. They COULD beat him but not definitely.
Im not basing my opinion on who beat who but rather their styles and how skillful they seem in the ring.

And Sittichai knocked Superbon out with his in their last fight. Sittichai has underrated boxing.
He's a clean/crisp puncher but his overall sweet science game is pretty bare bones. He's certainly not a bad Boxer, but I wouldn't say he is underrated by any means.

Back