post your own definitive current top 10 70kg kickboxers

• Thread starter Deleted member 467227
  • Start date
Yod still has a thunderous left roundhouse. I'd hate to hold pads for him...

How do you guys think a prime Sato would do today? I think he'd be up there with Sittichai and Superbon

How do you guys think a prime Sato would do today? I think he'd be up there with Sittichai and Superbon
a late 2007 and 2008 Sato would wreck almost everyone today

I think the only guys that could beat him are probably Superbon,Sitthichai(maybe them would get KOed like Buakaw if they dont handle the pressure) Allazov and Grigorian

I believe Sato haves a chin more than tough enough to take the Grigorian and mezouari bombs,like he could twice against Kraus,in the fight against Kyshenko and in the second fight against buakaw on the Japan tournament event,he had one of the best chin ever on LW division...

Grigorian and Mezouari could defeat him if they dont get tired,because if they do and start to take the lethal body knees,they are going to get messed up

prime sato was a freak,its a pity his prime time was so short

a late 2007 and 2008 Sato would wreck almost everyone today

I think the only guys that could beat him are probably Superbon,Sitthichai(maybe them would get KOed like Buakaw if they dont handle the pressure) Allazov and Grigorian

I believe Sato haves a chin more than tough enough to take the Grigorian and mezouari bombs,like he could twice against Kraus,in the fight against Kyshenko and in the second fight against buakaw on the Japan tournament event,he had one of the best chin ever on LW division...

Grigorian and Mezouari could defeat him if they dont get tired,because if they do and start to take the lethal body knees,they are going to get messed up

prime sato was a freak,its a pity his prime time was so short

The only man to have KO'd Buakaw, is that right? or did Buakaw get KO'd in the stadiums in his early career?

The only man to have KO'd Buakaw, is that right? or did Buakaw get KO'd in the stadiums in his early career?
well i never saw him KOed before,maybe as a teenager outside the stadiums as it happened to a lot of fighters but recorded not

also i never heard about him being KOed in his stadium days but im not sure because it is pretty deep to know

I really thought yod was making a come back....then i checked the date.:(

I think at this point you need to accept he won't be fighting again. I had to come to the same conclusion with Tyrone Spong and KB :( it's harsh especially considering they're not that old.

I think at this point you need to accept he won't be fighting again. I had to come to the same conclusion with Tyrone Spong and KB :( it's harsh especially considering they're not that old.

he still had a year or two at top level left ,but he made the right decision. the idea to see him losing pr fights in china just because they offered him big $$ is beyond sad.

he still had a year or two at top level left ,but he made the right decision. the idea to see him losing pr fights in china just because they offered him big $$ is beyond sad.

Could he still fight considering his injuries? Is it worth it?

Could he still fight considering his injuries? Is it worth it?

i think he could have fought some superfights here and there, in china he is still very famous...he could have made at least those 500k with buakaw...
he was in pain but maybe he also had enough.

i think he could have fought some superfights here and there, in china he is still very famous...he could have made at least those 500k with buakaw...
he was in pain but maybe he also had enough.

Buakaw vs. Yodsanklai would have been good :) however if Yodsanklai is done, then so be it IMO.

He could make a lot of money coaching and doing seminars around the world, especially when he brings that money back home and convert it to bhat.

liverkicks:
Robin van Roosmalen
Sitthichai
Enriko Gogokhia
Giorgio Petrosyan
Yodsanklai Fairtex
Marat Grigorian
Wu Xuesong
Tayfun Ozcan
Dzhabar Askerov
Josh Jauncey
Sittichai
Superbon
Allazov
Buakaw
Petrosyan
Grigorian
Ozcan
Askerov

I think Yodsanklai may have a gym in thailand now or in the works. His nephew was fighting under the name "yodsanklaigym", on a stadium show just recently. And Yod has worked at least a little bit at 96penang.

70kg is looking a bit bare at the moment with Yod, Gogokhia and Jomthong retiring as well as RVR and Salvador going to 65kg. Doesn't help that Buakaw and Petro only fight certain opponents too. China seems overdue for a solid 70kg fighter.

Had to name a few for the 10
You still only listed 8 fighters.

Vlad Tuinov would be a much better choice than Askerov. A lot of fighters would be better choices than Askerov. Askerov can't even consistently beat so-so fighters at this point.

Back