• Thread starter Deleted member 467227
  • Start date
1. Sittichai
2. Petrosyan
3. Robin Van Roosmalen
4. Marat Grigorian
5. Enriko Gogokhia
6. Yodsanklai

It's impossible to make fair rankings though. Result based rankings obviously differ from a hypothetical "who-is-better-ranking". Also, what time period do you rank? 1 year back? 5 years back? Current abilities?

I mean RvR only fights like twice a year... if he fought as often as Sittichai maybe he might have lost more fights. Marat Grigorian fought 9 times in 2015 and so far 6 times this year but he always put on a good fight against anyone. Only Yodsanklai was able to dominate Grigorian. I believe yodsanklai could beat all of this guys, but he hasn't fought in a year... where would you put him? Petrosyan hasn't fought top opposition in a while, but i'll still give him a #2 because i still think he is as good as before. Enriko Gogokhia is focusing on boxing now but he is still a top kickboxer.

Honorable mentions: Andy Ristie, Superbon, Tayfun Ozcan, Wu Xuesong, Superbon, Anatoly Moiseev, Anatoly Moiseev and a couple more. Don't know where to place them though.

kiria, allazov and khel should be up there somewhere as well.
Kiria hasn't been looking too good lately but at least he beat Dzianis Zuev who is a good fighter. I don't know enough about Allazov but yeah based on his record he is an honorable mention. Not sure if top 10 though. Kehl got KO'd by Azkerov and Allazov and hasn't beaten any top fighters.

Hard to say, so many promotions have their champions. But when it comes to Glory

Rvr and Sittichai on the top spot

No way RVR is ahead of Sittichai. Getting a gift decision and then losing to him somehow means he's ahead of him?

No way RVR is ahead of Sittichai. Getting a gift decision and then losing to him somehow means he's ahead of him?
Liverkick doesn't update their rankings very often. Here are the rankings from Combat Press for september 2016:

Sittichai Sitsongpeenong (1)
Robin van Roosmalen (2)
Giorgio Petrosyan (3)
Andy Ristie (4)
Yodsanklai Fairtex (5)
Marat Grigorian (6)
Buakaw Banchamek (7)
Anatoly Moiseev (8)
Enriko Gogokhia (9)
Josh Jauncey (10)

I would take out Enriko because he retired to go into boxing, take out Petro, Ristie and Buakaw for not fighting the best recently, and take out RvR because he is now a FW. Thus:

1. Sittichai
2. Yod
3. Marat
4. Superbon
5. Moiseev
6. Askerov
7. Wu Xusong
8. Jauncey
9. Ozcan
10. Jomthong

imo

Sittichai
RVR
Petrosyan
Superbon
Grigorian
Kiria
Buakaw
Moiseev
Ozcan
Askerov

Yodsanklai, Ristie haven't fought in a year and Gogokhia is a boxer now

well,this is my current ranking:

1°Sitthichai

2° RVR

3° Petrosyan

4°Yod

5° Gogokhia

6° Grigorian

7° Ozkan

8° Allazov

9° Moiseev

10° Superbon

without considering Yod inactivity and RVR "victories" over Sitthichai and Grigorian as robberies

FW is dying

Last edited:
Its hard to to write down a top 10 list and its subjective but all the lists above have the right idea. I don't like rankings based off what a fighter has done because there are so many other factors to take into consideration. I'll just put fighters in sections based on what level I think they are.

A) Sittichai - Petrosyan - Yodsanklai
B) Grigorian - Superbon - Jomthong - Buakaw
C) Allazov - Moiseev - Wu Xusong - Ozcan - Kiria - Jauncey

RVR threw a tantrum and moved down to FW, Enriko retired and Ristie is ghost.

Does Dzianis Zuev train out of banchamek gym?

Does Dzianis Zuev train out of banchamek gym?

he does sometimes,also kulebin...i see a lot of russians coming from the same gyms fighting for his promotion. even fighters from khayal's gym.

Its hard to to write down a top 10 list and its subjective but all the lists above have the right idea. I don't like rankings based off what a fighter has done because there are so many other factors to take into consideration. I'll just put fighters in sections based on what level I think they are.

A) Sittichai - Petrosyan - Yodsanklai
B) Grigorian - Superbon - Jomthong - Buakaw
C) Allazov - Moiseev - Wu Xusong - Ozcan - Kiria - Jauncey

RVR threw a tantrum and moved down to FW, Enriko retired and Ristie is ghost.

I agree,there are more complex things to take into consideration.
the only one i'm not sure is giorgio because 6 fights in 3 years is really nothing.

I think the bigger issue is that half of the top 70kg guys never fight each other. 70kg is stacked talent wise right now but there isn't a k1 type structure.

I think petro, sittichai and maybe marat are head and shoulders above everyone else and I don't see that changing untill gevorg retires.

head and shoulders above yod?

considering that it's likely he'll continue to not face the top guys outside of glory, yes.
he beat Marat already. There were rumours of him vs Sittichai in China before he got injured. He might face top opposition when he gets back in the ring

I think petro, sittichai and maybe marat are head and shoulders above everyone else and I don't see that changing untill gevorg retires.
Marat is not there yet. He has potential and probably will get there one day but after seeing what Yod did to him its pretty ridiculous to say Marat is above everyone else. Petro sittichai and yod are above everyone else. Marat to me is on that Roosmalen level.

Marat is not there yet. He has potential and probably will get there one day but after seeing what Yod did to him its pretty ridiculous to say Marat is above everyone else. Petro sittichai and yod are above everyone else. Marat to me is on that Roosmalen level.

agree.. grigorian maybe will get there and hopefully will take a major win vs a top fighter but he's not made with the same stuff ppl like petro or yod are made of.

Back