Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

One of the best popes in a long time compare to all the do nothing(for humanity) popes and you say he has to go? GTFO

He's also done Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Kong. He's friends with Will and Will runs FunnyOrDie, which has similar content. A lot of big name actors have been on the Eric Andrew show, absurd comedy like Tim and Eric and The Eric Andrew Show have always had much larger followings than most people think and a lot of famous actors/comedians appear on Adult Swim.

Also Dr Steve Brules is fucking hilarious.
I saw Kong, what a shitty movie. I was very close to walking out, the only thing stopping me was that the people watching it with me probably wouldn't have so I would've been doing nothing waiting for them to finish. But holy hell it was terrible, he brought his adult swim game to that one and so did everyone else. We need to stop the cancer that is Chinese film production merging with American studios.

Funny story, some in the Chinese film industry got so miffed that the Kung Fu panda series(actually good movies) got so popular in China itself that they made some shitty rip off where the Panda is the villain. They got so rustled that the American film industry is better at creating films with Chinese symbols and themes that they demonized one of their most iconic symbols. What cans!

I saw Kong, what a shitty movie. I was very close to walking out, the only thing stopping me was that the people watching it with me probably wouldn't have so I would've been doing nothing waiting for them to finish. But holy hell it was terrible, he brought his adult swim game to that one and so did everyone else. We need to stop the cancer that is Chinese film production merging with American studios.

Funny story, some in the Chinese film industry got so miffed that the Kung Fu panda series(actually good movies) got so popular in China itself that they made some shitty rip off where the Panda is the villain. They got so rustled that the American film industry is better at creating films with Chinese symbols and themes that they demonized one of their most iconic symbols. What cans!

Wut? John C Reilly has done that sort of character work forever. Hell just think about how old Walk Hard is.

Wut? John C Reilly has done that sort of character work forever. Hell just think about how old Walk Hard is.
Are we still talking about Kong? Because he and everyone else was awful in it. Its like they used the worse takes for every scene in the film.

Are we still talking about Kong? Because he and everyone else was awful in it. Its like they used the worse takes for every scene in the film.

I'm talking about you using Adult Swim as a reference for quality lol. Hell look at the commercial and critical darling that is Rick and Morty right now.

I think this excerpt from a review sums up how I feel about Kong.
It is the platonic ideal of big, smart-dumb B-movie filmmaking

USA Today accuses the Catholic Scholars of being "Far Right" <Lmaoo>

Benedict is very intelligent. I actually own a few of his books. His knowledge of philosophy and theology is mind-blowing and he puts it all together very well. I think a lot of people would be surprised that Benedict also criticizes and questions the Church as well as certain religious assumptions in his writings. In his book Faith and the Future Benedict examines the issues of scientific discoveries and how that causes certain problems for the Church moving forward. I believe it was philosopher Jurgen Habermas who was rather complimentary of Benedict's works. Benedict even admitted that he was more of a scholar than a Pope. He said he lacked the savvy needed to play the political game in order to move things forward in the church.

Personally, I like Pope Francis. I do not agree with his relaxed stance on immigration, but Francis focuses very much on seeing people, and reaching out to them, as human beings made by God. He is trying to bring more compassion to the world. I have read that he is very good at playing the political game and imposing his vision of what the church should be. I have a few books by him that I have yet to read.

The Vatican is a flawed human institution ultimately trying to benefit humanity. Certainly there have been some large bumps along the way, but when you start reading the history of the Vatican and how it has been able to reinvent itself through good times and bad it is hard to take the dismissive criticisms about the church seriously. There is much wisdom taught by the Church, but a lot of people do not want to give it a chance and instead listen to superficial media criticisms and jokes.
When you say Francis is good at playing the political game, what does that mean more specifically? What sorts of practical things does he employ to make that happen?

And do you think the filial correction by the signatories is a part of this sort political maneuvering by those who don't agree with the current Pope?
This guy explains what the controversy is about. He calls it a nothingburger:

(Timestamped at 1:25)

A lot of that went over my head but I'll take his word for it.

I'm talking about you using Adult Swim as a reference for quality lol. Hell look at the commercial and critical darling that is Rick and Morty right now.

I think this excerpt from a review sums up how I feel about Kong.
I honestly couldn't believe that I was watching Kong in theaters, its like a straight-to-DVD tier movie but with A-list actors.

Sad thing is it had good elements. I liked the Vietnam setting and some of the things they were trying to do with Samuel L Jackson's character.

Jesus will be against our immigration policies and be against everything Trump stood for.

Jesus would literally walk into the white house and beat the shit out of trump

$
Dat face

{<jordan}

I honestly couldn't believe that I was watching Kong in theaters, its like a straight-to-DVD tier movie but with A-list actors.

Sad thing is it had good elements. I liked the Vietnam setting and some of the things they were trying to do with Samuel L Jackson's character.

I like a lot of the shots and honestly I liked most of the acting in it, but you're right it could have been a lot better. Just gotta take it as an A movie trying its best to be a B movie with a blockbuster budget.

I have long thought that this new Pope has to go. He has insulted our country, our immigration policy, climate policy and our leaders. I am glad that people within the Church see that he is out in left field as well.

Note apparently he is not accused of actual heresy. Just propagating it. As I am not a Catholic I have no idea what that means. Please elucidate me on this issue.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edwa...laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis
You know that Rome has critiqued america's politics for ages, right? Read Rerum Novarum or Centesimus Annus.

This Latin mass catholic thing is blown out of proportion. It's not as big of a deal as one might expect.

And any who who knows anything about Catholicism understands that Francis' liberalism is not left wing politics. But his changes to aspects of Canon law are rooted in opening the doors a bit wider for the church. Further, catholic social teaching is simply going to look liberal to Americans because it will prioritize those in need, ideology set aside.

When you say Francis is good at playing the political game, what does that mean more specifically? What sorts of practical things does he employ to make that happen?

And do you think the filial correction by the signatories is a part of this sort political maneuvering by those who don't agree with the current Pope?

A lot of that went over my head but I'll take his word for it.

The main issue surrounding Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love) has to do with divorce. Divorce is highly frowned upon in the Catholic Church because it destroys families. The family is held in very high regard in the Church. There are some people concerned that Pope Francis is opening the door to make divorce more acceptable in the Church by highlighting certain exceptions when it comes to divorced people receiving communion (that is when someone eats a wafer that represents the body of Jesus). The man in the video is calling this a nothingburger because the exceptions Francis is pointing out have always existed.

There are also some clarity issues in the writing that some of the clergy have taken issue with that they would like to see made more clear. I do not think this is a political maneuver. What is happening is a standard response to when a document is released. There is always a lot of rigorous debate and clarification of meaning which is something the church emphasizes.

I do not know enough about Francis or the inner workings of the Vatican to be able to say what specifically Francis does in order to be effective politically. :oops:

Here is a good article featured in the National Review dispelling some myths about Pope Francis (He is not as liberal or anti-business as the media likes to claim he is):

https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/articles/366723/four-myths-about-pope-francis

Heresy is so 18th century. The modernism movement all but ensured hysterics like these priests wont get away with nonsense like this.

I dont really like the pope at all, but if they charge him with heresy based upon christian doctrine, maybe they would be right, but he could simply point out another passage from somewhere else, and it's a wash.
If he gets convicted of heresy what happens? Do they burn him at the stake?

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,

It's absurd that people think Putin is this great Christian leader. He's allies with NK, which is one of the worst countries in the world for Christians

The main issue surrounding Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love) has to do with divorce. Divorce is highly frowned upon in the Catholic Church because it destroys families. The family is held in very high regard in the Church. There are some people concerned that Pope Francis is opening the door to make divorce more acceptable in the Church by highlighting certain exceptions when it comes to divorced people receiving communion (that is when someone eats a wafer that represents the body of Jesus). The man in the video is calling this a nothingburger because the exceptions Francis is pointing out have always existed.

There are also some clarity issues in the writing that some of the clergy have taken issue with that they would like to see made more clear. I do not think this is a political maneuver. What is happening is a standard response to when a document is released. There is always a lot of rigorous debate and clarification of meaning which is something the church emphasizes.

I do not know enough about Francis or the inner workings of the Vatican to be able to say what specifically Francis does in order to be effective politically. :oops:

Here is a good article featured in the National Review dispelling some myths about Pope Francis (He is not as liberal or anti-business as the media likes to claim he is):

https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/articles/366723/four-myths-about-pope-francis

This is* helpful. He's widening the door of the church by fixing legislation on divorce, which is actually the most scandalous things he's on on the issue.
Francis isn't particularly different from other popes except that he really embodies his Franciscan orders ideology. And the personal attacks by the far right, fringe Catholics have been going on for ages, and if you read any of it translated, the dubiousness of the assertions come out pretty quickly.
Also, one helpful clarification: bread and wine do not represent Christ for papists. It's quite literally, in a metaphysical but real way, the body and blood of Christ

Last edited:
Wtf is up with John C Reilly? One year he's in Wreck-It Ralph, a huge animated film by the Disney studio, and the next he's doing adult swim shows. Christ man, have some respect for yourself.

his Check it Out show is actually ducking hilarious. he does that character so well.

Don't care because I'm not Catholic and he has no real influence on my government.

But it's intresting to see what the Catholics here have to say.
Five SCOTUS Justices are Catholic

Back