Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have long thought that this new Pope has to go. He has insulted our country, our immigration policy, climate policy and our leaders. I am glad that people within the Church see that he is out in left field as well.

Note apparently he is not accused of actual heresy. Just propagating it. As I am not a Catholic I have no idea what that means. Please elucidate me on this issue.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edwa...laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis

A group of clergy and lay scholars from around the world have taken the very rare step of presenting Pope Francis with a formal filial correction, accusing him of propagating heresies concerning marriage, the moral life, and reception of the sacraments.

Entitled Correctio filialis de haeresibus propagatis, meaning ‘A Filial Correction Concerning the Propagation of Heresies,’ the 25 page letter was delivered to the Holy Father at his Santa Marta residence on Aug. 11.

The Pope has so far not responded to the initiative, whose 62 signatories include the German intellectual Martin Mosebach, former president of the Vatican Bank, Ettore Gotti Tedeschi, and the superior general of the Society of St. Pius X, Bishop Bernard Fellay (he learned of the document only after it had been delivered to the Pope and signed it on behalf of the Society).

The letter begins by saying that with “profound grief but moved by fidelity to our Lord Jesus Christ, by love for the Church and for the papacy, and by filial devotion toward yourself” the signatories feel “compelled” to take this action “on account of the propagation of heresies.”

They cite in particular Francis’ apostolic exhortation on marriage and the family, Amoris Laetitia, and “other words, deeds and omissions.”

They accuse the Pope of upholding seven heretical positions about “marriage, the moral life, and the reception of the sacraments” which, they say, has “caused these heretical opinions to spread in the Catholic Church.”

The clergy and scholars “respectfully insist” that Pope Francis condemn the heresies that he has directly or indirectly upheld, and that he teach the truth of the Catholic faith in its integrity.

The filial correction, the first to be made of a reigning Pontiff since Pope John XXII was admonished in 1333, is divided into three main parts.

In the first, the signatories say they have the “right and duty” to issue such a correction. They make clear the doctrine of papal infallibility has not been contradicted as the Pope has not promulgated heretical opinions as dogmatic teachings of the Church, but they maintain that Francis has “upheld and propagated heretical opinions by various direct and indirect means.”

The second part deals with the correction itself. Written in Latin, it lists the passages of Amoris Laetitia in which, they argue, the Pope insinuates or encourages heretical positions. They mention those who claim these texts can be interpreted in an orthodox way, but the correction lists examples of when it is clear “beyond reasonable doubt” that the Pope “wishes Catholics to interpret these passages in a way that is, in fact, heretical.” In particular, they say the Pope has advocated the belief that obedience to God’s moral law can be impossible or undesirable, and that Catholics should sometimes accept adultery as compatible with being a follower of Christ.

In the third part, the signatories highlight two causes of this crisis: modernism and the influence of Martin Luther. They argue that the embrace of modernism, which they define as the belief that God has not delivered definite truths to the Church which she must continue to teach in exactly the same sense until the end of time, means that faith and morals become “provisional and subject to revision.” Such thinking, they point out, was condemned by Pope St Pius X. Regarding Martin Luther, they show how some of the Pope’s ideas on marriage, divorce, forgiveness, and divine law correspond to those of the German Reformation monk, and draw attention to the “explicit and unprecedented praise” the Pope has given the 16th century heresiarch.

No accusation of formal heresy

The signatories stress they are not accusing the Pope of formal heresy (when a person departs from the faith by doubting or denying some revealed truth with a full choice of the will), and are making “no judgment about Pope Francis’s culpability in propagating the seven heresies” as it is “not their task to judge about whether the sin of heresy has been committed.”

But they also note that some faithful who have spoken up in defense of the Catholic faith have been subject to reprisals within the Church and Church institutions. They therefore say the signatories “speak for a large number of clergy and lay faithful who lack freedom of speech.”

The addition of Bishop Fellay, as well as the SSPX’s district superior in Britain, Father Robert Brucciani, are notable for the fact that the Society continues to be in talks about returning to full communion with Rome. Pope Francis has been open to reconciliation with the Society, which has had differences with Rome over some teachings of the Second Vatican Council.

See here the full text of the correction, and the list of signatories.

This is the sixth major initiative in which both clergy and laity have expressed concerns about the Pope's teaching, particularly emanating from Amoris Laetitia. Despite the repeated pleas and warnings of chaos and confusion, Francis has refused to respond or acknowledge the initiatives which are as follows, in chronological order:

• In September 2015, just ahead of the second Synod on the Family, a petition of nearly 800,000 signatures from individuals and associations around the world including 202 prelates was presented to Pope Francis, calling on him to issue words of clarity on the Church's teaching on marriage and family. The signatories, from 178 countries, expressed concern about “widespread confusion” arising from the possibility that “a breach” had been opened within the Church at the previous synod.

• In July 2016, a group of 45 Catholic scholars, prelates and clergy sent an appeal to the College of Cardinals asking that they petition Pope Francis to “repudiate” what they saw as “erroneous propositions” contained in Amoris Laetitia. They said the apostolic exhortation contains “a number of statements that can be understood in a sense that is contrary to Catholic faith and morals.”

• On Sept. 19, 2016, four cardinals — Carlo Caffarra, Walter Brandmüller, Raymond Burke, and Joachim Meisner — presented the Pope with dubia, five questions on disputed passages of Amoris Laetitia with the aim of obtaining clarification and resolving confusion over diverse interpretations of the controversial passages among various bishops and episcopal conferences. The Pope did not acknowledge the dubia, nor did he respond to the cardinals’ request for an audience in May.

• In February this year, confraternities representing thousands of priests worldwide issued a statement saying a clarification of Amoris Laetitia was “clearly needed” in the wake of “widespread” differing interpretations of the apostolic exhortation. They also thanked the four cardinals for submitting the dubia.

• In April this year, six lay scholars from different parts of the world held a conference in Rome in which they drew attention to the same controversial passages of Amoris Laetitia, showing the extent of concern and unease among the laity over the papal document and its interpretation.

I accuse him of being an annoying SJW and protecting pedophile sex monsters

I saw this a day or so. I'm glad that there is an accountability process.

It felt like this guy got voted in a rather shady way. And he seems to have a sjw way about him.

I have long thought that this new Pope has to go. He has insulted our country, our immigration policy, climate policy and our leaders. I am glad that people within the Church see that he is out in left field as well.

Note apparently he is not accused of actual heresy. Just propagating it. As I am not a Catholic I have no idea what that means. Please elucidate me on this issue.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edwa...laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis
So, you are not a Catholic, but you think he "has to go" because he doesn't agree with your stances on refugees and climate denial?

Seems legit. I'm sure the boys down at the crime lab will get right on that.

The "correction" has nothing to do with climate or immigration, by the way, it is about ( surprise!) the churches' never ending obsession with people's fuck habits. The Pope implied that people taking birth control might not automatically be in a state of mortal sin. That's why the Catholic panties are in a bunch.

It felt like this guy got voted in a rather shady way. And he seems to have a sjw way about him.
"A shady way"? You mean, like the college of cardinals held a conclave, like they always have for over a thousand years?

I accuse him of being an annoying SJW and protecting pedophile sex monsters
You realize that if there is literally one person on the face of the Earth who is SUPPOSED to be a "social justice warrior," it is the Pope, right? Like, trying to bring about a more just and humane society is pretty high on the fucking job description.

Last edited:
When keeping it real goes wrong.

Don't care because I'm not Catholic and he has no real influence on my government.

But it's intresting to see what the Catholics here have to say.

So, you are not a Catholic, but you think he "has to go" because he doesn't agree with your stances on refugees and climate denial?

The "correction" has nothing to do with climate or immigration, by the way, it is about ( surprise!) the churches' never ending obsession with people's fuck habits. The Pope implied that people taking birth control might not automatically be in a state of mortal sin. That's why the Catholic panties are in a bunch.

"A shady way"? You mean, like the college of cardinals held a conclave, like they always have for over a thousand years?

You realize that if there is literally one person on the face of the Earth who is SUPPOSED to be a "social justice warrior," it is the Pope, right? Like, trying to bring about a more just and humane society is pretty high on the fucking job description.

Hey I actually went to the trouble of finding a catholic website to quote from since I figured it would be the most accurate. So you can give me that. And it was all the other news articles just say heresy and do not distinguish.

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,

I put the sjw stuff far below

1. Being an old virgin in a dress who presides over a church that teaches people in AIDs ridden Africa that condoms are bad

2. Having done nothing to get rid of the pedophilic priests, and have them face "Worldly justice" as he would call it

3. Being the head of the richest organization on Earth, while claiming to adhere to the teachings of Jesus

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,
I think the Church moved away from that a little while ago...

I put the sjw stuff far below

1. Being an old virgin in a dress who presides over a church that teaches people in AIDs ridden Africa that condoms are bad

2. Having done nothing to get rid of the pedophilic priests, and have them face "Worldly justice" as he would call it

3. Being the head of the richest organization on Earth, while claiming to adhere to the teachings of Jesus

Well I'm not catholic, but some of the things he's said and done seem suspect. I don't know that much about him though.

Well I'm not catholic, but some of the things he's said and done seem suspect. I don't know that much about him though.

He's a pr move by the church. Nothing more. He still presides over an extremely regressive church that does so much harm to the world.

Why would the pope have to go for insulting america? He isnt an american. The vatican and catholic church arent the USA either.

He's a pr move by the church. Nothing more. He still presides over an extremely regressive church that does so much harm to the world.

I know he's a Jesuit and yeah, he was a move out of the ordinary.

Good religious folks love the old cover up child molestation popes the best.

The guy who is most Jesus like gets a thumbs down.

Jesus will be against our immigration policies and be against everything Trump stood for.

Jesus would literally walk into the white house and beat the shit out of trump

$

This shit is getting ridiculous. Effectively we're with no pope, no president, and our enemies seem to be growing every day. The infighting is what will destroy this country and the West.

I'm not Catholic but I do appreciate the conservative push-back of traditionalist Roman Catholic clergy and laity against some of Pope Francis's liberal leanings.

On this one however, I side with the Pope. I do not think it is a Christlike rule to deny communion to someone who has been divorced and remarried within the Catholic Church.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back