Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

Don't care because I'm not Catholic and he has no real influence on my government.

But it's intresting to see what the Catholics here have to say.

That thread starter is stupid as it is.

He says he is culturally christian for example, yet he fails to notice that the guys criticizing the Pope were using Martin Luther as example.

They are criticizing the Pope for not being fundamentalist enough, without realizing those that are condemning him also consider all protestants to be heretics too.

This shit is getting ridiculous. Effectively we're with no pope, no president, and our enemies seem to be growing every day. The infighting is what will destroy this country and the West.

Christianism isnt part of the West, in fact it was the victory of the East to impose a middle-eastern religion and a middle-eastern "Kings are divine" governship system over paganism and republicanism.

The West as it is today was born when people stopped listening to religions and started checking (or outright removing) the "divine" power of kings.

giphy.gif
What anime is this?

American Catholics that put America over Catholicism and choose Trump over the Pope are absolutely disgraceful. I can understand the hateful rhetoric coming from the Evangelicals (as per usual), but it's unforgivable coming from people who call themselves Catholic.

It really does not get more hilarious than people calling THE POPE a "SJW" and meaning it as an insult.

<JagsKiddingMe>

I'll actually answer why. I am a Buddhist by religion. However I am a cultural Christian. Which means I believe believing in traditional Christianity is the best way to preserve the west. I see the Pope as moving away from the Church that fought the crusades and believed in the West and moving to this PC watered down version.

I personally believe that the Orthodox Church has the answers to saving the west and am glad Putin is bringing it back.
As to the Pope
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Holman Christian Standard Bible So, because you are lukewarm,

giphy.gif

Last time I was at the Vatican, they had a "big beautiful wall".

Just sayin...

This is* helpful. He's widening the door of the church by fixing legislation on divorce, which is actually the most scandalous things he's on on the issue.
Francis isn't particularly different from other popes except that he really embodies his Franciscan orders ideology. And the personal attacks by the far right, fringe Catholics have been going on for ages, and if you read any of it translated, the dubiousness of the assertions come out pretty quickly.
Also, one helpful clarification: bread and wine do not represent Christ for papists. It's quite literally, in a metaphysical but real way, the body and blood of Christ

I would LIKE your post, but I cannot while I am yellow. :(

Thanks for the clarification regarding the blood and body of Christ. If I understand correctly, then there is are issues between Christian sects regarding the Eucharist. Some denominations see it as symbolic while Catholics believe, through transubstantiation, that the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ.

I would LIKE your post, but I cannot while I am yellow. :(

Thanks for the clarification regarding the blood and body of Christ. If I understand correctly, then there is are issues between Christian sects regarding the Eucharist. Some denominations see it as symbolic while Catholics believe, through transubstantiation, that the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ.
In this context, the irony is that the big issue the pope has with American Christians is the fundamentalist literal interpretation of the bible.

It really does not get more hilarious than people calling THE POPE a "SJW" and meaning it as an insult.

<JagsKiddingMe>
reminds me of a news item recently in ireland, mourners at the funeral of a gangster scumbag shot dead in a turf feud were criticising the priest at the mass when he had the audacity to state that the deceased made some bad choices in his lifestyle which led him into a dangerous world.

"At that a number of mourners raised their voices in anger, during the solemn Mass, one shouting: ‘That’s enough.’ "
i mean, just look at the little angel taken from us so tragically
PL%201704638_highres.jpg

I don't know much about the Catholic Church but I figure any institution that large, with that much money involved, and that fucking old is something that has a lot of moving parts and complex internal dynamics that can't just be redirected and molded willy nilly by any one person, even if on paper he's supposed to be "infallible" and the head of it all.
It's like turning a aircraft carrier around vs a skiff. There's a strength weakness involved; stability (not ending up with 30,000 denominations), weakness not acting immediately when it's a must.
Having said that the catholic church now has very tight safeguards in place. The previous percentage of abuse was basically the same as the public school system which is totally unacceptable, any abuse of course is unacceptable .
Infallibility is rarely used and is reserved for specific doctrines that have already bin confirmed for centuries basically.

I have long thought that this new Pope has to go. He has insulted our country, our immigration policy, climate policy and our leaders. I am glad that people within the Church see that he is out in left field as well.

Note apparently he is not accused of actual heresy. Just propagating it. As I am not a Catholic I have no idea what that means. Please elucidate me on this issue.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edwa...laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis

Apparently even Catholics are now Protestants.

In this context, the irony is that the big issue the pope has with American Christians is the fundamentalist literal interpretation of the bible.

Yes. If people read anything by the Popes or any serious Catholic literature, then they will realize that Catholics are not supposed to take such a strong literal interpretation of the bible. The previous Pope, Benedict, in his book Faith and the Future Church discusses the problems with taking the bible too literally.

Pope John Paul II talked a lot about the importance of evolution and the foolishness of young earth creationism.

I think a lot of people see the bizarre radical Evangelicals in the United States bringing attention to themselves for political gain and believe all of Christianity is that way when that is entirely false.

Back