Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

Yes. If people read anything by the Popes or any serious Catholic literature, then they will realize that Catholics are not supposed to take such a strong literal interpretation of the bible. The previous Pope, Benedict, in his book Faith and the Future Church discusses the problems with taking the bible too literally.

Pope John Paul II talked a lot about the importance of evolution and the foolishness of young earth creationism.

I think a lot of people see the bizarre radical Evangelicals in the United States bringing attention to themselves for political gain and believe all of Christianity is that way when that is entirely false.
All of this, of course, explains the pope's "liberal" position on receiving the Eucharist and why that's creating a stir among hard line Catholics in the US.

*bona fides... Raised Catholic, read full KJV.

It's like turning a aircraft carrier around vs a skiff. There's a strength weakness involved; stability (not ending up with 30,000 denominations), weakness not acting immediately when it's a must.
Having said that the catholic church now has very tight safeguards in place. The previous percentage of abuse was basically the same as the public school system which is totally unacceptable, any abuse of course is unacceptable .
Infallibility is rarely used and is reserved for specific doctrines that have already bin confirmed for centuries basically.

Great post man.

Yes. If people read anything by the Popes or any serious Catholic literature, then they will realize that Catholics are not supposed to take such a strong literal interpretation of the bible. The previous Pope, Benedict, in his book Faith and the Future Church discusses the problems with taking the bible too literally.

Pope John Paul II talked a lot about the importance of evolution and the foolishness of young earth creationism.

I think a lot of people see the bizarre radical Evangelicals in the United States bringing attention to themselves for political gain and believe all of Christianity is that way when that is entirely false.
part 2.
About the last paragraph, and War Roomers will go batshit when I say this, but American Evangelical Christian sects have a great deal of similarity to cults and extremist movements. The pope considers them to be a serious danger. I agree. I think the danger is their blind faith that they are never in the wrong.

part 2.
About the last paragraph, and War Roomers will go batshit when I say this, but American Evangelical Christian sects have a great deal of similarity to cults and extremist movements. The pope considers them to be a serious danger. I agree. I think the danger is their blind faith that they are never in the wrong.

I have to agree. Couched in religious terms the devil is always "out there" never "in here, or in me."

I have lost two really good friends to fundamentalist Christianity. I am VERY christian but dont pass their litmus test. It is really sad.

In this context, the irony is that the big issue the pope has with American Christians is the fundamentalist literal interpretation of the bible.

Not sure I understand the irony here. The early church didn't believe the Protestant version.
In this context, the irony is that the big issue the pope has with American Christians is the fundamentalist literal interpretation of the bible.

He's a pr move by the church. Nothing more. He still presides over an extremely regressive church that does so much harm to the world.
But how can they be "progressive" instead of "regressive" with out violating the very tenants of being a Christian? Progressive values are not the end all be all of goodness.

Jesus will be against our immigration policies and be against everything Trump stood for.

Jesus would literally walk into the white house and beat the shit out of trump

$
Why would Jesus be against immigration policies? Are you saying he would be against a country enforcing its own borders? Were in the bible can you give me a direct quote with Jesus talking about immigration policy?

I'm not Catholic but I do appreciate the conservative push-back of traditionalist Roman Catholic clergy and laity against some of Pope Francis's liberal leanings.

On this one however, I side with the Pope. I do not think it is a Christlike rule to deny communion to someone who has been divorced and remarried within the Catholic Church.
Yea that is the one thing about the church, and Jesus to be frank that I don't understand. Jesus said the only allowable divorce is sexual immorality.. This literally traps women and men in bad and abusive relationships.. At best the church says they can get a separation but are not allowed to seek emotional and physical affection from another, better person.. Dooming them, theoretically to be alone.

Why would Jesus be against immigration policies? Are you saying he would be against a country enforcing its own borders? Were in the bible can you give me a direct quote with Jesus talking about immigration policy?
jesus.jpg

piracy-590x442.jpg

You think this guy who literally pirated food to feed the poor...Who said to turn the other cheek to get hit, instead of fighting back..would believe in Artificial fucking borders? Jesus, you people are delusional.

Jesus was the biggest hippie of all time...He would be against borders and nationalism division.....It's sad how you people are all Jesus fans but have to do mental gymnastics in order for Jesus to seem like he agrees with a snob asshole right winger.

jesus.jpg

piracy-590x442.jpg

You think this guy who literally pirated food to feed the poor...Who said to turn the other cheek to get hit, instead of fighting back..would believe in Artificial fucking borders? Jesus, you people are delusional.

Jesus was the biggest hippie of all time...He would be against borders and nationalism division.....It's sad how you people are all Jesus fans but have to do mental gymnastics in order for Jesus to seem like he agrees with a snob asshole right winger.
Oh look, nothing you said has any basis as you can not give me a quote from him, saying he is against borders..

Oh look, nothing you said has any basis as you can not give me a quote from him, saying he is against borders..
No, and Im sure I won't find anything about what Jesus thinks about BitCoin or Robots.

The point is clear..Jesus want people united, not divided...he wanted to help the poor, not exclude them.

Most people coming to america are poor people trying to get jobs...You're fucking delusional if you think Jesus would support a wall or be against the divisions of countries.

No, and Im sure I won't find anything about what Jesus thinks about BitCoin or Robots.

The point is clear..Jesus want people united, not divided...he wanted to help the poor, not exclude them.

Most people coming to america are poor people trying to get jobs...You're fucking delusional if you think Jesus would support a wall or be against the divisions of countries.
Helping the "poor" from Mexico should not be a suicide pact. We are under no obligation to take in the dregs of society who come here and commit crime.

Yea that is the one thing about the church, and Jesus to be frank that I don't understand. Jesus said the only allowable divorce is sexual immorality.. This literally traps women and men in bad and abusive relationships.. At best the church says they can get a separation but are not allowed to seek emotional and physical affection from another, better person.. Dooming them, theoretically to be alone.
There is quite a bit more discussion out there than just sexual immorality in the bible but that's quite a long discussion.
The catholic church has quite a sophisticated view of what is called a sacramental marriage and what isn't. Reading the deeper meaning of what a sacramental marriage is can be quite encouraging for anyone willing to ponder such.
Basically just because people say i-do doesn't mean they or their partner were ready for marriage or had a sacramental marriage for a multitude of reasons and therefore not married in the true sense. If this is deemed true through mature inquiry the people are freed from their "contract ". This is a gross oversimplification but gives a basic outline if anyone is interested to peruse more info, it's not straight up black and white no divorc period.

Helping the "poor" from Mexico should not be a suicide pact. We are under no obligation to take in the dregs of society who come here and commit crime.

LMFAO....If you think Jesus would support your notion of calling poor people "dregs of society" and support your notion of them committing crime..

Jesus would verbally destroy you if you said that to his face.

I have long thought that this new Pope has to go. He has insulted our country, our immigration policy, climate policy and our leaders. I am glad that people within the Church see that he is out in left field as well.

Note apparently he is not accused of actual heresy. Just propagating it. As I am not a Catholic I have no idea what that means. Please elucidate me on this issue.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edwa...laity-issue-filial-correction-of-pope-francis

By accusing him of "propogating heresay" They're basically saying that he is creating conditions that are allowing heresy to thrive.

Bernard Fellay was excomunicated by John Paul II.

Tedeschi was investigated for laundering money from the Vatican Bank. So all in all, some real heavy hitters who can totally talk about heresy.

Last edited:
Back