Pope Francis Accused of Propagating Heresey By 62 Catholics

Good religious folks love the old cover up child molestation popes the best.

The guy who is most Jesus like gets a thumbs down.

Regarding the sexual abuse travesty, Pope Francis has admitted being too lenient and has said the church acted too late.

Pope Admits Church Was “Late” In Addressing Clergy Sex Abuse Scandal

“There is the reality that the Church arrived at the consciousness of these crimes a bit late,” he said. “When consciousness arrives late, the means to resolve the problems also arrive late. I am aware of this difficulty but it is reality and I say it plainly: We arrived late.”

Francis, who was elected in 2013, acknowledged he made one bad judgment early in his papacy concerning an Italian priest, Mauro Inzoli.

In that case, the bishop of Crema, had ruled that Inzoli would be removed from the public ministry while remaining a priest but a Church tribunal ruled that he be defrocked [stripped of priestly privileges]. The pope sided with the bishop.

“I was new (in the papacy) I did not understand these things well and chose the more benevolent of the two sentences but after two years the priest had a relapse. I learned from this,” Francis said.

This shit is getting ridiculous. Effectively we're with no pope, no president, and our enemies seem to be growing every day. The infighting is what will destroy this country and the West.

Are you Catholic?

Regarding the sexual abuse travesty, Pope Francis has admitted being too lenient and has said the church acted too late.

Pope Admits Church Was “Late” In Addressing Clergy Sex Abuse Scandal

“There is the reality that the Church arrived at the consciousness of these crimes a bit late,” he said. “When consciousness arrives late, the means to resolve the problems also arrive late. I am aware of this difficulty but it is reality and I say it plainly: We arrived late.”

Francis, who was elected in 2013, acknowledged he made one bad judgment early in his papacy concerning an Italian priest, Mauro Inzoli.

In that case, the bishop of Crema, had ruled that Inzoli would be removed from the public ministry while remaining a priest but a Church tribunal ruled that he be defrocked [stripped of priestly privileges]. The pope sided with the bishop.

“I was new (in the papacy) I did not understand these things well and chose the more benevolent of the two sentences but after two years the priest had a relapse. I learned from this,” Francis said.

Yeah and? Seems pretty clear to me what happened. was he in charge of the entire church and helped cover it up? No he didn't. He even admits his decision was the wrong one. Huge difference between the popes wouldn't you say?

Clearly the only way to resolve this crisis is through armed combat tournament style. To the death. Any Catholic priest with a hat must participate. The winner gets to make a formal apology to the world, or get gang raped by former altar boys.

While I like Christianity as a whole, I find the institution of Catholicism repulsive. And the idea that is Jesus would think the same.

this thread sucks and nobody knows what they are talking about because they don't actually understand christian theology

Yeah and? Seems pretty clear to me what happened. was he in charge of the entire church and helped cover it up? No he didn't. He even admits his decision was the wrong one. Huge difference between the popes wouldn't you say?

Things started turning around once Benedict took charge of the sex abuse files in 2010. He removed close to 400 priests including priests that Pope John Paul II would not remove.

The problem is that things move very slowly in the Vatican. I'm sure Francis would like to do more, but there is a lot of politics involved when it comes to getting things done in the Vatican.

Clearly the only way to resolve this crisis is through armed combat tournament style. To the death. Any Catholic priest with a hat must participate. The winner gets to make a formal apology to the world, or get gang raped by former altar boys.

While I like Christianity as a whole, I find the institution of Catholicism repulsive. And the idea that is Jesus would think the same.

I'm not Catholic and wasn't raised Catholic, but I have a lot of Catholic in laws. One thing I've learned from decades of religious arguments and discussions is that they have a fairly sophisticated view of intra-Church politics. The Church itself, while hierarchical isn't as monolithic as it at first seemed to me.

They cordially disliked the last found the last pope; I found him interesting and read several of his books. I disagreed with his perspective overall, but respected his approach to theology. I don't really understand the new pope's style of Catholicism nearly as well. My in laws are very frustrated by him, but they try to maintain a level of respectfulness.

this thread sucks and nobody knows what they are talking about because they don't actually understand christian theology
I think several posters here have a very good grip on Christian theology.

Catholic Christian theology not so much though. If you have any insight., please share.

Things started turning around once Benedict took charge of the sex abuse files in 2010. He removed close to 400 priests including priests that Pope John Paul II would not remove.

The problem is that things move very slowly in the Vatican. I'm sure Francis would like to do more, but there is a lot of politics involved when it comes to getting things done in the Vatican.
I don't know much about the Catholic Church but I figure any institution that large, with that much money involved, and that fucking old is something that has a lot of moving parts and complex internal dynamics that can't just be redirected and molded willy nilly by any one person, even if on paper he's supposed to be "infallible" and the head of it all.

I would laugh if the Pope just excommunicated the 62 signatories and wrote them a response that just said "I'm infallible. Deal with it."

maxresdefault.jpg

You're a Catholic, aren't you?

Without getting yourself into any trouble, what are your overall thoughts on Benedict and Francis?

As a non-Catholic Christian, I was something of a fan of Benedict. I found portions of Benedict's theological writings, particularly Jesus of Nazareth compelling and inspiring. But I feel like I just don't understand Francis at all.

I think several posters here have a very good grip on Christian theology.

Catholic Christian theology not so much though. If you have any insight., please share.

First of all, let's be perfectly clear here,

The Archdiocese, not the Pope, predominately governs church operations on a State by State, Nation by Nation basis

If you think Pope Francis sits down and personally makes the decisions to appoint high powered legal counsel for sex offenders within the priesthood, arranges transfers, "sick leave" and other reassignments for problematic priests, removes records from local districts, tailors media relations, you are a fucking paranoid lunatic who has no real understanding of how the Catholic Church divides its authority and operations

The pope if anything, demonstrates an extremely New Testament-esque ethic in his interpretation of major theological tenants and scripture.

He does not in any way resemble or represent the decades-old trends within the Vatican or its satellite structures. If anything, his views are too compassionate on a vast array of theological debates to resemble anything close to the dictation of regional authority you see today in your local parishes. Your day to day catholic observance is not determined by your pope. It is determined by your Diocese. And that operative Diosese continues to function according to extremely old-world edicts.

The Pope could declare tomorrow that all Priests are allowed to marry, that female Priests will recieve full admittance and consideration across the board, and it would not happen. Because there are divisions of operative authority across the faith that make their own rules, and do so with ten times the street-level effectiveness and consideration of anything declared by its Pope

Last edited:
USA Today accuses the Catholic Scholars of being "Far Right" <Lmaoo>
You're a Catholic, aren't you?

Without getting yourself into any trouble, what are your overall thoughts on Benedict and Francis?

As a non-Catholic Christian, I was something of a fan of Benedict. I found portions of Benedict's theological writings, particularly Jesus of Nazareth compelling and inspiring. But I feel like I just don't understand Francis at all.

Benedict is very intelligent. I actually own a few of his books. His knowledge of philosophy and theology is mind-blowing and he puts it all together very well. I think a lot of people would be surprised that Benedict also criticizes and questions the Church as well as certain religious assumptions in his writings. In his book Faith and the Future Benedict examines the issues of scientific discoveries and how that causes certain problems for the Church moving forward. I believe it was philosopher Jurgen Habermas who was rather complimentary of Benedict's works. Benedict even admitted that he was more of a scholar than a Pope. He said he lacked the savvy needed to play the political game in order to move things forward in the church.

Personally, I like Pope Francis. I do not agree with his relaxed stance on immigration, but Francis focuses very much on seeing people, and reaching out to them, as human beings made by God. He is trying to bring more compassion to the world. I have read that he is very good at playing the political game and imposing his vision of what the church should be. I have a few books by him that I have yet to read.

The Vatican is a flawed human institution ultimately trying to benefit humanity. Certainly there have been some large bumps along the way, but when you start reading the history of the Vatican and how it has been able to reinvent itself through good times and bad it is hard to take the dismissive criticisms about the church seriously. There is much wisdom taught by the Church, but a lot of people do not want to give it a chance and instead listen to superficial media criticisms and jokes.

First of all, let's be perfectly clear here,

The Archdiosese, not the Pope, predominately governs church operations on a State by State, Nation by Nation basis

If you think Pope Francis sits down and personally makes the decisions to appoint high powered legal counsel for sex offenders within the priesthood, arranges transfers, "sick leave" and other reassignments for problematic priests, removes records from local districts, tailors media relations, you are a fucking paranoid lunatic who has no real understanding of how the Catholic Church divides its authority and operations

The pope if anything, demonstrates an extremely New Testament-esque ethic in his interpretation of major theological tenants and scripture.

He does not in any way resemble or represent the decades-old trends within the Vatican or its satellite structures. If anything, his views are too compassionate on a vast array of theological debates to resemble anything close to the dictation of regional authority you see today in your local parishes. Your day to day catholic observance is not determined by your pope. It is determined by your Diosese.

Relax a bit fellow. I attacked neither Francis nor the Catholic Church. And while some here would agree with your claim that I am a "fucking paranoid lunatic" I can assure you it's not based on my opinion of Francis.

I was responding to your claim that no one here understands Christian theology, which is inaccurate. If you have insight into the working of Catholicism specifically, especially int he context of this discussion, it'd be great if you shared them. But your defensiveness is offputting.

Relax a bit fellow. I attacked neither Francis nor the Catholic Church. And while some here would agree with your claim that I am a "fucking paranoid lunatic" I can assure you it's not based on my opinion of Francis.

I was responding to your claim that no one here understands Christian theology, which is inaccurate. If you have insight into the working of Catholicism specifically, especially int he context of this discussion, it'd be great if you shared them. But your defensiveness is offputting.

That post was directed at the thread, not you bud

Also if you knew anything about me, you'd know I sound exactly as prickly when debating which breakfast cereal to eat, or what pants to wear on a thursday morning. Scottish humours are all intensity for the sake of the joke.

Last edited:
On this one however, I side with the Pope. I do not think it is a Christlike rule to deny communion to someone who has been divorced and remarried within the Catholic Church.
I'm not a catholic either but I think that pope is a SJW communist.

Back