Pick 1 Illegal Move to Add to the Unified Rule Set (Poll)

Pick 1

• Total voters
12-6 Elbows / Elbows from any angle

tumblr_m74zw1yqvh1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Knees to the Head of a Grounded Opponent

6631196721_659a219dcb_o.gif

Upkicks to a Grounded Opponent

Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR_medium.gif

Soccer Kicks / Stomps

tumblr_mlwkkg9M4Q1qhndw9o1_400.gif

FvIUDyn.gif

Strikes to the back of the head, or groin strikes.

Soccer kicks cause CTE, go cry somewhere else dork.

All strikes can do that, and you're the only one crying.

The REAL problem with the sport is all the pussies that people like Conor have attracted to it.

All strikes can do that, and you're the only one crying.

The REAL problem with the sport is all the pussies that people like Conor have attracted to it.

All strikes don't allow you to spam a ton of kicks on a defenseless dude. The REAL problem is old fat pussies that have never worked for anything in their life yet want these fighters to basically be zoo animals and risk their health for your entertainment. Go watch mindless fucks on youtube if you want to see stomping.

I didn't understand the thread, and I picked upkicks before reading "downed opponent."

I meant to pick to make upkicks illegal. They're a total bullshit move considering soccer kicks, stomps, etc are banned, it takes away the advantage of the fighter that planted the other one on their ass. Perfect example is Edgar vs Henderson 1. Frankie easily won the first two rounds, but towards the end of the second round he dropped Bendo, but when he came in Bendo landed an upkick that broke his nose and changed the whole complexion of the fight. Upkicks are more dangerous than a lot of banned maneuvers.

As far as the question the OP is really asking, then knees to a downed opponent easily. It's a silly rule that again negates and takes the teeth out of a dominant position.

Knees for sure. That Chris Weidman playing the game with a hand down is so lame

Soccer kicks and stomps make it as close to a real fight as possible, only then will the true ultimate combat martial art start to evolve, rules keeps us in the dark ages for longer.

Real fights have used weapons for about 300,000 years. Unarmed fighting, especially one on one unarmed fighting is a sporting activity. Even bar fights are just somewhat lax sporting fights. Every bouncer will tell you that if someone is serious about attacking someone in a bar they're using a knife. And several friends will join in, typically on both sides.

MMA (two unarmed fighters) is a very limited, very artificial situation, and its pointless to pretend otherwise. Its a great sport with application to real fights, but its not a real fight. There's a reason neither police forces nor armies spend much time on unarmed fighting compared to using weapons.

For instance, in the local news there were five fights reported last night. Four involved knives, one firearms, and all involved multiple attackers. That's real world. Having said that, I envy people who live in places so peaceful that people fight for real unarmed - if that's your local then you're lucky, its not true for 99% of the world.

All of them. Headbutts included. I’d love to see someone Thai clinch and throw a fucking headbutt in the mix. That would be beautifully violent.

Knee shots on the ground, but it has to be an especially clean shot. No latitude for the side of head etc.

Tong-Po downward elbow finisher to the spine.

"Noooooooooo!"
"You bleed like Mai-Lee. Mai-Lee goooooood FOCK!"

Upkicks to a downed opponent. It's the only rule that is illogical in my opinion.

Knees to a downed opponent. Fighters manipulate the downed rule to avoid big strikes all the time. It needs to be legalized again.

None of the above, unless they are fights between 2 convicted serious criminals

Definitely knees to a downed opponent. Having one finger on the ground being the deciding factor of whether or not a knee is legal or not is beyond ridiculous.

12-6 elbows and upkicks should be allowed too, but if given a choice of only one I'd definitely add knees to a grounded opponent to the rules.

Stomps were cool to see when I first got into MMA, but I'm not too interested in seeing them in the UFC. One bad stomp to some guys head and you've got a shitstorm brewing that brings a lot of bad publicity to MMA.

All of them. Headbutts included. I’d love to see someone Thai clinch and throw a fucking headbutt in the mix. That would be beautifully violent.
Check out old ivc. I think headbutts are cool and should only be allowed while standing. No headbutts on the ground. Don't want to see Tito and Mark Coleman come back. A standing head butt takes skill, in true muay Thai it is trained. I think they allow it in Buramese boxing now which is similar to Thai boxing.

Check out old ivc. I think headbutts are cool and should only be allowed while standing. No headbutts on the ground. Don't want to see Tito and Mark Coleman come back. A standing head butt takes skill, in true muay Thai it is trained. I think they allow it in Buramese boxing now which is similar to Thai boxing.
It’s not practiced in Thai boxing, but definitely is Lethway (Burmese boxing).

Back