Add One Banned Techinque To The UFC'S Ruleset (gif heavy)

Which Techinque Do You Allow?

• 12-6 Elbows

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Grounded Knees

Votes: 126 60.0%
  • Soccer Kicks

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Stomping

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Spiking

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Fish Hooks

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Eye Gouging

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Headbutts

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Back of Head Strikes

• Throat Pressing/Striking

• Kicks From Downed Position

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
Knees to grounded opponents and up kicks to downed opponent like that Silva gif should be legal. Then after that 12-6 elbows and soccer kicks
Crazy that Anderson was DQ'd for that kick... Was in a bargain-basememt event too...

He won his next 17 fights, 16 of them in the UFC, and beat Okami without even trying in their rematch.

tumblr-390ad05a174f1b46d097efcefe0d0d29-9a1d10cb-400-gif.webp

My all time favourite fighter...

The upkick remains illegal.

Last edited:
Crazy that Anderson was DQ'd for that kick... Was in a bargain-basememt event too...

He won his next 17 fights, 16 of them in the UFC, and beat Okami without even trying in their rematch.

tumblr-390ad05a174f1b46d097efcefe0d0d29-9a1d10cb-400-gif.webp

My all time favourite fighter...

The upkick remains illegal.

Yeah it's a bit silly. He would have been on a 20-fight win streak if that wasn't a DQ.

He's also my all time favourite MMA fighter, he had a very entertaining technical style, moved like in the matrix, and had an aura around him. He made his opponents look silly.

It was 2 very sad days when first he was KO'd by Weidman by clowning too much and then breaks his leg in their rematch. Funnily enough I had gathered a big crowd at home for the first Weidman fight after a party and several people had never heard of him, so of course I bragged about how amazing he was, only for him to get KO'd in the fight. That was slightly embarrassing haha.

The only reason I can't say he's my all time favourite fighter (across all combat spots) is because of Buakaw and what he did in K-1 especially in 2004 and also Tyrone Song and his Glory run of top of all his previous fights.

Fuck, I'd forgotten about his panic-stricken tapping in the Royce fight, and the biting...

g0myFr.gif

Mike Kyle is the only other fighter I can think of thats ever bitten someone in the octagon vs Wes Sims.

Gerard also did a Nazi "heil" salute (which looks similar to a roman salute, but isnt) to each corner of the octagon before the Tuli Fight - its at the 2 minute mark of this clip @Nathan LaMontagne

To this dsy he also says he did Yuki Nakai a favour by trying to end the fight quickly, thereby blinding him, which killed both of their careers instantly.

Mark Hall also did a "Roman Salute" to the crowd after he beat Harold Howard... 5:29 of this video:

2i7.gif

Hate to defend him but that IS the Savate salute. (They really should change it)

I think he needed to play up the savage thing as I believe he was a kyokushin guy.

And after some research. Apparently Gordeau is half Jewish and had a lot of family killed by the Nazis.

Great thread actually. Good to see at least majority sees it right. I would have to think about it more, but I think I would allow fence grabbing, also. Dont get me wrong, drives me nuts now when someone grabs the fence. But that’s because it’s currently a rule. But guys have based their whole career around using the fence as a weapon/attack and maybe everyone should be allowed to use it unconditionally and have a counter to athletes using the fence against them. Idk maybe. If the instructions are protect yourself at all time and we are trying to simulate a true fight, I’m incline to include stomps and soccer kicks as well.

Hate to defend him but that IS the Savate salute. (They really should change it)

I think he needed to play up the savage thing as I believe he was a kyokushin guy.

And after some research. Apparently Gordeau is half Jewish and had a lot of family killed by the Nazis.
I think were going to have to agree to disagree on this one...

I see a gruff dude from an area with lots of neo-Nazism, with a skinhead look, and an armband-style tattoo with what looks an awful like a swastika in it, doing what looks like a Nazi salute to the crowd, who also happens to be a reprehensible piece of shit... My mind takes me to place of severe political views.

The Jewish thing is obviously a curveball, but there's plenty of self-loathing types out there that go after their own...

You could be right - I've never met Gérard, nor seen or heard that much from him since the 90s... Last I saw was this interview where he blamed Nakai and Royce for the way their fights went...

This is an extremely difficult man to like... But that could be a clouding factor at my end too...

So California is talking about adding 12-6 elbows and grounded knees back to the ruleset... Which is your personal preference for an "illegal move" revival?

12-6 Elbows

ezgif.com-resize-9.gif

Knees to grounded opponent

VNJ.gif

Soccer Kicks

Nq1KsuO.gif

Stomps

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Spiking

08d5dd3bc9b2c80952d52a9d0998606a_w200.gif

Fish Hooking

IMG_9500.jpeg

Eye Gouging

maxresdefault1_480x480.webp

Headbutting

tumblr_mw65vauk7U1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Groin Shots

35028C0F5D3F401F69AAC4A53E7AF2A7C84C2A11

Back of head strikes

c135ac_7d50c49e2acd4155a3017a88cd8cbb4a~mv2.webp

Throat Pressure/Strikes

118ert1_jpg.gif

Kicks from Downed Position

E2fl8S.gif

I've left out fence grabbing, biting, short/glove grabbing, and small joint manipulation because the gifs were lame.

Grounded knees all day imo.
4f8be13c-44ff-4917-a66c-3c5f51dee1c0_text.gif

death-touch-dim-mak.png

No knees to grounded opponents is what makes the groundgame less popular with the Just Bleed crowd.

The ground game is not sinful to JUST BLEED God.

Stalling and point fighting, which can be done from any position, is a Mortal Sin.

Knees to a grounded opponent as shown in the GIF in the OP would really change the game.

I also feel like kicks to the face/head from an opponent in the grounded position to another grounded opponent IE in their guard like the Silva/Okami GIF in the OP would have a big impact on the way the fights are fought as well, maybe more so than allowing kicks to a grounded opponent from the standing position (soccer kicks, stomps). Soccer kicking/stomping a guy is actually harder than it looks unless your perpendicular to your opponent and have a clear shot at his head, usually that's not the case. If you could boot a guy in the face while he's in your guard it would deter guys from staying in your guard, the guard would actually be a much more dangerous place to be.

12-6
Knees
Soccer kicks
Stomps
Headbutt
Kicks to the head from downed position to downed opponent

Make UFC BLEED Again

Groin strikes would bring the most entertainment value IMO. There's a reason they show 20 replays of it when it occurs.

It would also be safer than most other illelgal techniques. It just looks bad because culturally we associate groin strikes with being a cheap fighting technique.

It would add new layers of complexity to the striking game.

Will probably never happen though.

Knees to a "downed" opponent and if your both down you should be able to kick your opponent in the face (Anderson gif).

Fuck, I'd forgotten about his panic-stricken tapping in the Royce fight, and the biting...

g0myFr.gif

Mike Kyle is the only other fighter I can think of thats ever bitten someone in the octagon vs Wes Sims.

Gerard also did a Nazi "heil" salute (which looks similar to a roman salute, but isnt) to each corner of the octagon before the Tuli Fight - its at the 2 minute mark of this clip @Nathan LaMontagne

To this dsy he also says he did Yuki Nakai a favour by trying to end the fight quickly, thereby blinding him, which killed both of their careers instantly.

Mark Hall also did a "Roman Salute" to the crowd after he beat Harold Howard... 5:29 of this video:

2i7.gif

Wow, I’ve been sporting the Fedor short-cut for a while….fuck it, I NEEED to grow a mullet. That’s an impressive hair cut.

Didn’t even know rape chock.. throat pressure was illegal

Bring back grounded knees.
Frank is OK with it:

There should also be an automatic 1 point deduction for an accidental eye poke or groin shot. So many fights where nothing happens to the offender in these instances.

DQ for an intentional eye poke or groin shot.

Nay to soccer kicks. I was for soccer kicks until I saw this KO many years back:

Back