Add One Banned Techinque To The UFC'S Ruleset (gif heavy)

Which Techinque Do You Allow?

• 12-6 Elbows

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Grounded Knees

Votes: 126 60.0%
  • Soccer Kicks

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Stomping

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Spiking

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Fish Hooks

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Eye Gouging

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Headbutts

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Back of Head Strikes

• Throat Pressing/Striking

• Kicks From Downed Position

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
It might not be the most exciting pick , but the kicks from downed position rule it truly idiotic

The kind of degenerate that gets swastikas tattooed on himself...

Gerard+Gordeau+copy.jpg

Not to be that guy, but that looks like a Manji, not a swastika.

That's what he says.

KA296.jpg

Looks like a swastika to me...

It's more the general design and swirliness to it.

Trust me, I think Gordeau is a bastard and I'll never forgive him for Nakai.

But I do think it's a Manji

Plus the rest if his tattoo look like he'd be in the yakuza games.

Has the hannya and everything.

Completely Japanese themed tattoos with one secret swastika does clash a bit.

It's more the general design and swirliness to it.

Trust me, I think Gordeau is a bastard and I'll never forgive him for Nakai.

But I do think it's a Manji
I think he tried to make it look as "manji" as possible, whilst staying true to it being an actual swastika...

Neo-Nazis are everywhere in Holland, and even more during the 80s... He's also a person that nobody has anything good to say about... The shoe definitely fits.

I could be wrong... Either way, it's a really dumb thing to get tatttooed on yourself.

I'd choose Glove Grabbing. The grappling landscape would change entirely. Also judo throws galore.

I'd choose Glove Grabbing. The grappling landscape would change entirely. Also judo throws galore.
Interesting.

I literally couldn't be bothered to even search for a gif, but that's a great point.

Grounded knees would totally change the game and we'd see muay Thai and kickboxing really take over, which would create a much more fan friendly experience, for that reason.

The only issue is that there absolutely would be some godawful brutality a la Sakuraba Arona, and that could be very much a net loss in viewership, outweighing the new more dynamic stand up nature of the sport.

It would be great to somehow prevent wrestlers or ground fighters from taking these extremely vulnerable positions that are safe bastions in today's mma ruleset, without having to create such scenes of brutality when a fighter gets his skull crushed by a grounded knee.

Imagine the controversy when a takedown gets sprawled and knees get applied. So many people would get kneed to the back of the head.

I mean its a no brainer that the knee rule is the one needed most.

Soccer kicks are sexy as fuck and we should still have em.

Shogun be at home goin COME ON MAN

Soccer kick to the head is legit and should be allowed. It would make a lot of ground warriors useless.

Jones guilty reaction to mazz stepping in was a sign we should have seen of things to come.

1st 4 gifs plus headbutting should be standard and accepted to stop these fkn idiots thinking they are better than they are.

Top control and headbutts are finishers. Ala Coleman.

Also, stomps and sockers kicks negate the lay n prayers.

Let's AV IT!!!

Last edited:
*12/6 elbow is OK.

*Kicks from a downed position should be legal.

*Knees to a grounded opponent are OK but I don't think it should be allowed to the top of the head in the North-South position.

*Stomps are especially dangerous because of the weight you can put into a stomp, and the impact it has when it drives the opponents head into the canvas. Besides it being generally unsafe I don't think that one is a good idea because someone could launch a deadly one before the ref gets there (imagine if Hendo had pulled a Bruce Lee- jumping into the air and stomping Bisping instead of punching him before the ref could get there).

*Regardless of the safety debate, the optics of soccer kicks and head stomps will prevent them from ever being legal.

*A lot of those are only good if we are going more toward gladiatorial battles- fish hooking, eye gouging, groin strikes, headbutts.

*NHB rules were geared toward realism rather than sport, but that era is gone; this is the sporting era of MMA.

The kind of degenerate that gets swastikas tattooed on himself...

Gerard+Gordeau+copy.jpg
He is also big on biting. He was the first UFC biter from my recollection in the final vs Royce, resulting in Royce refusing to let go of the choke. He even broke the few rules they had in NHB.

He is also big on biting. He was the first UFC biter from my recollection in the final vs Royce, resulting in Royce refusing to let go of the choke. He even broke the few rules they had in NHB.
Fuck, I'd forgotten about his panic-stricken tapping in the Royce fight, and the biting...

g0myFr.gif

Mike Kyle is the only other fighter I can think of thats ever bitten someone in the octagon vs Wes Sims.

Gerard also did a Nazi "heil" salute (which looks similar to a roman salute, but isnt) to each corner of the octagon before the Tuli Fight - its at the 2 minute mark of this clip @Nathan LaMontagne

To this dsy he also says he did Yuki Nakai a favour by trying to end the fight quickly, thereby blinding him, which killed both of their careers instantly.

Mark Hall also did a "Roman Salute" to the crowd after he beat Harold Howard... 5:29 of this video:

2i7.gif

Last edited:
Knees to grounded opponents and up kicks to downed opponent like that Silva gif should be legal. Then after that 12-6 elbows and soccer kicks

Back