Add One Banned Techinque To The UFC'S Ruleset (gif heavy)

Which Techinque Do You Allow?

• 12-6 Elbows

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Grounded Knees

Votes: 126 60.0%
  • Soccer Kicks

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Stomping

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Spiking

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Fish Hooks

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Eye Gouging

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Headbutts

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Back of Head Strikes

• Throat Pressing/Striking

• Kicks From Downed Position

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters
i would redefine what a down opponent his to allowed some grounded knee but not the one in the gif and allow 12-6

i would redefine what a down opponent his to allowed some grounded knee but not the one in the gif and allow 12-6
I like the idea of knees to the head of an opponent on his knees/failed TD position...

North-South knees are pretty much the only thing to redeem that position as a spectator, so I'm all for it...

@Buff I had to vote back of the head strikes based on the gifs. I can't stand guys "intelligently defending" themselves face down on the ground exposing the back of their head because it's not allowed to be attacked.

I can do without knees to grounded opponent like this gif. But I'd say someone up to their knees or with a hand down (especially when it's gaming the rule) I'd enjoy being allowed.

@Buff I had to vote back of the head strikes based on the gifs. I can't stand guys "intelligently defending" themselves face down on the ground exposing the back of their head because it's not allowed to be attacked.

I can do without knees to grounded opponent like this gif. But I'd say someone up to their knees or with a hand down (especially when it's gaming the rule) I'd enjoy being allowed.
There's too much "gamesmanship" with that shit... One hand down means you can't kick someone when they're down, but you can do this if they haven't quite landed on their ass...

I've been drinking and my memory is shot as to who it was, but I crelerly remember Anderson volleying someone in the head as they landed on the mat... Chael took a knee to the body, was different, but similar... Shit.

Groin strikes would bring the most entertainment value IMO. There's a reason they show 20 replays of it when it occurs.
Yeah.. cuz it's a foul

It would also be safer than most other illelgal techniques. It just looks bad because culturally we associate groin strikes with being a cheap fighting technique.
No, the permanent damage there is much more immediate, so it'd be way more dangerous.

I do the throat pressure with my wife when we make love. Didn't know it was a UFC move.

Easily Grounded Knees

I've wanted knees from the north-south position since Pride-days!

Yeah.. cuz it's a foul

No, the permanent damage there is much more immediate, so it'd be way more dangerous.
It would hurt a lot, but I think it would be less likey to cause permanent damage, especially when factoring in cups.

Easily Grounded Knees

I've wanted knees from the north-south position since Pride-days!
Excuse me but Yushin Okami was never a big MW.

Fought the bigger Rich Franklin as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Pereira's standards.

full

Here vs Dhiego Lima at 170 in his late 30s
Barely above average sized WW in modern day

getting rid of the grounded fighter rule.
but i'd be curious to see modern MMA with headbutts. we've all seen what they do on the ground, but i'd be curious how that would influence clinch stalling

GROUNDED KNEES IT IS!

SEND THIS POLL TO DÖNER WHITE IMMEDIATLY!

Back