Neighbor yelled at me for mowing their lawn

It might be something as simple as they don't want to feel that they owe you something. Maybe they don't like the food exchanges either but just feel obliged to do it because you started it.

Baaaah LOL you got checked by your Indian neighbors old lady. You must really be a mark, they usually don't even let the women speak.

I kid.

Don't ever assume anything when it comes to other peoples space or property. You should have asked first.

With that being said, the next time you run into them you should apologize one last time for good measure. Also you need to realize that really giving a fuck about the lawn isn't really everyone's thing. They clearly don't give much of a fuck about theirs, they pay someone else to take care of it and don't do any in-between maintenance. So there is literally no chance they give a fuck about your lawn. And I'll even thrown in that being anal and worrying too much about a lawn is about as lame as it gets. Sure a lawn is great and I hate seeing patchy shitty lawns, but people who are anal about their lawns need to get a fucking hobby. I mean seriously who the fuck cares if your lawn is perfect? Nobody, literally nobody. All those hours and thousands of dollars spent to keep your grass at a uniform height. Seriously who theeee fuckkkk cares?

Last edited:
Pretty sure in some states if you cut the grass a certain number of times you technically own the property. This isn't their first rodeo bro

I mow my pillhead neighbors when i do mine all the time. Hes nevr said thanks or not to. some people get weird about shit like that but what are you gonna do. I wouldnt be mad if I came home and my yardwork was done Ill tell ya what.

Baaaah LOL you got checked by your Indian neighbors old lady. You muat really be a mark, they usually don't even let the women speak.

I kid.

Don't ever assume anything when it comes to other peoples space or property. You should have asked first.

With that being said, the next time you run into them you should apologize one last time for good measure. Also you need to realize that really giving a fuck about the lawn isn't really everyone's thing. They clearly don't give much of a fuck about theirs, they pay someone else to take care of it and don't do any in-between maintenance. So there is literally no chance they give a fuck about your lawn. And I'll even thrown in that being anal and worrying too much about a lawn is about as lame as it gets. Sure a lawn is great and I hate seeing patchy shitty lawns, but people who are anal about their lawns need to get a fucking hobby. I mean seriously who the fuck cares if your lawn is perfect? Nobody, literally nobody. All those hours and thousands of dollars spent to keep your grass at a uniform height. Seriously who theeee fuckkkk cares?
I'm a huge fan of posts like this where someone goes on and on about how little of a shit should be given.

It's like ah Emancipation Proclamation, freeing fucks nationwide from their awful yokes.

I take pride in my lawn. My neighbor (from India) does not. I always go out of my way to be nice to them. We exchange plates of food. I am half Japanese so I will cook them some Asian dishes and they return my plate with food they cooked and so on. Anyways, they have a service come and mow their lawn twice a month. They have rag weed really bad and between mows it grows fast and long with lots of seeds. Their lawn service does not bag the clippings then they blow all the loose clippings onto my lawn. So now I am getting rag weed.

I texted them and said I would cut their grass for free every time I cut mine. I laid out the reason like above why I wanted to do this. Then I mowed it. When they got home from work they came over and got mad at me and said for me to not tough their lawn.

Fucking neighbors! or am I in the wrong?

yes, i think you were wrong. that is THEIR property. just because it seems like the neighborly thing to do, you can't trespass like that. on the other hand, you did have a point about the, "rag weed". that is where you should have given them the chance to ensure that it doesn't go onto your lawn. i figure that was half the reason why you decided to mow their lawn, aside from simply being a nice neighbor.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

lol, that's true. when i was younger and living at home, my dad planted a bunch of trees along the fence of our backyard in the hopes it would create a natural barrier from his neighbors. like fifteen years later, you can't even tell that there's a fence behind all the trees lol. the trees are at least twenty feet now. i guess there are no neighborhood ordinances about the height, since they're still there.

Take a shit in his yard the next time his service company throws the rag weed in your hard.

I texted them and said I would cut their grass for free every time I cut mine. I laid out the reason like above why I wanted to do this. Then I mowed it.
so you didnt wait for a reply before you mowed it?

if not, then youre definitely in the wrong.

Do your lawns have a divide? If you went through a fence or rockwall I could see why they would be upset. My side lawns on both sides merge with neighbors and the divide is not really that clear. I'll sometimes just mow the entire section and the neighbors sometimes do the same, but I would never cross into any of the backyards which are all fenced

It was only the front yard and there is nothing to separate the yards.

5191862-3288958-3564284364-cyclo.jpg

I could never imagine myself being upset with somebody for doing me a favor.

Come live next to me and cut my grass. I'll give you free beer.

Baaaah LOL you got checked by your Indian neighbors old lady. You must really be a mark, they usually don't even let the women speak.

I kid.

you sound like you live in an apartment or a shit hole. Most people care about their lawns, how clean their cars are etc.....
You probably wash your hair once a week.

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
  1. attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
    "a pretentious literary device"
    synonyms: affected, ostentatious, showy; More

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
  1. attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
    "a pretentious literary device"
    synonyms: affected, ostentatious, showy; More

I sometimes wish there was a thumbs down button.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back