Neighbor yelled at me for mowing their lawn

Kitafuji

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I take pride in my lawn. My neighbor (from India) does not. I always go out of my way to be nice to them. We exchange plates of food. I am half Japanese so I will cook them some Asian dishes and they return my plate with food they cooked and so on. Anyways, they have a service come and mow their lawn twice a month. They have rag weed really bad and between mows it grows fast and long with lots of seeds. Their lawn service does not bag the clippings then they blow all the loose clippings onto my lawn. So now I am getting rag weed.

I texted them and said I would cut their grass for free every time I cut mine. I laid out the reason like above why I wanted to do this. Then I mowed it. When they got home from work they came over and got mad at me and said for me to not tough their lawn.

Fucking neighbors! or am I in the wrong?

You TECHNICALLY were trespassing so I could get getting angry if they were angry you were on their property without permission. It's one thing to walk up a walkway with a plate of food and it's another thing to mow their lawn.

No one's in the wrong.

Explain again the situation, and if they persist in forbidding you from mowing their lawn ask them to see what can be done about the ragweed situation.

When neighbors hit speedbumps when it comes to being neighborly, it's not the right time to shrink away and assume less of each other. There's no peace of mind there.

You TECHNICALLY were trespassing so I could get getting angry if they were angry you were on their property without permission. It's one thing to walk up a walkway with a plate of food and it's another thing to mow their lawn.

I kind of get it. I thought we were on good enough terms that I could do that. I did say I was sorry and closed the door.

What exactly did he say?

And how did he say it?

No one's in the wrong.

Explain again the situation, and if they persist in forbidding you from mowing their lawn ask them to see what can be done about the ragweed situation.

When neighbors hit speedbumps when it comes to being neighborly, it's not the right time to shrink away and assume less of each other. There's no peace of mind there.

Good idea. I will go to them when the weeds get long again and show them the issue. Hopefully they will understand. Also, I like the food they bring. Maybe they just don't like my cooking?

Did you explain to them you're are getting their rag weed and how it was frustrating you. Try to talk it out next time before taking matters into your hands

Lol so u fucked his wife, that's what ur trying to say right?

What exactly did he say?

And how did he say it?

It was actually the wife and she said "we can have our own lawn mowed. We don't need you to mow it for us". I said in reply, "I am sorry I was just trying to help with the weed issue your lawn is creating for me". She said, "We will have our own lawn mowed". Me, "sorry I mowed your lawn".

Do your lawns have a divide? If you went through a fence or rockwall I could see why they would be upset. My side lawns on both sides merge with neighbors and the divide is not really that clear. I'll sometimes just mow the entire section and the neighbors sometimes do the same, but I would never cross into any of the backyards which are all fenced

Good fences makes good neighbors.

It was actually the wife and she said "we can have our own lawn mowed. We don't need you to mow it for us". I said in reply, "I am sorry I was just trying to help with the weed issue your lawn is creating for me". She said, "We will have our own lawn mowed". Me, "sorry I mowed your lawn".

My neighbor sometimes mows part of my lawn.

I've never had an issue with it.

I'm thinking maybe it's your cooking.

TS go take a shit on their lawn
Show them who's the boss of this street

y6gY4.gif

so you did something to their property without their permission, and think they're the assholes?

is this real life?

I used to grab my neighbors trash cans for him until one day his wife yelled at me not to touch her stuff. I was literally mind blown....

I take pride in my lawn. My neighbor (from India) does not. I always go out of my way to be nice to them. We exchange plates of food. I am half Japanese so I will cook them some Asian dishes and they return my plate with food they cooked and so on. Anyways, they have a service come and mow their lawn twice a month. They have rag weed really bad and between mows it grows fast and long with lots of seeds. Their lawn service does not bag the clippings then they blow all the loose clippings onto my lawn. So now I am getting rag weed.

I texted them and said I would cut their grass for free every time I cut mine. I laid out the reason like above why I wanted to do this. Then I mowed it. When they got home from work they came over and got mad at me and said for me to not tough their lawn.

Fucking neighbors! or am I in the wrong?
You sound like a complete dick.

Back