Koreans Dominate African American Hair Care Industry

People buying weaves is silly. How many you own? So we agree

See, shitty posting in full effect.

So we agree...on what? Why would I own a weave if you just asked if I have a combover? Why does the number of hypothetical weaves that I hypothetically own even matter to your shit level business advice for an industry that you think is silly?

People buying weaves is silly, the article is silly, yet you initially jumped into it to offer insight on the actions of the people in the article?

It's like you have multiple personality disorder and they're all shitty posters.
<{Joewithit}>

It’s not the worst thing people do with their money but it is 100% frivolous, unless you’re a cancer patient or something.

Yikes x2.

Who the fuck cares? I spend a lot of money on suits. Essentially spending money on suits is more frivolous concerning the fact a weave isn't something you just hang in the closet and break out when you feel like it.

The reason I'm so confused by your posts about "don't buy weaves" is that this thread is an interesting look into a massive industry where the people who consume the product are boxed out of being able to sell the product. Did you actually read the article? You're being overly reactionary in the weirdest thread broseph.

See, shitty posting in full effect.

So we agree...on what? Why would I own a weave if you just asked if I have a combover? Why does the number of hypothetical weaves that I hypothetically own even matter to your shit level business advice for an industry that you think is silly?

People buying weaves is silly, the article is silly, yet you initially jumped into it to offer insight on the actions of the people in the article?

It's like you have multiple personality disorder and they're all shitty posters.
<{Joewithit}>
You are complaining about immigrants taking jobs. You don’t get the combover reference? Or are your trolling while complaining about trolling

Yikes x2.

Who the fuck cares? I spend a lot of money on suits. Essentially spending money on suits is more frivolous concerning the fact a weave isn't something you just hang in the closet and break out when you feel like it.

The reason I'm so confused by your posts about "don't buy weaves" is that this thread is an interesting look into a massive industry where the people who consume the product are boxed out of being able to sell the product. Did you actually read the article? You're being overly reactionary in the weirdest thread broseph.

They are trying to open a business selling the same product as the existing established business in the same location. How could that possibly work out? And a suit has actual uses, though I do hope it dies some day

You are complaining about immigrants taking jobs. You don’t get the combover reference? Or are your trolling while complaining about trolling

When did I complain about immigrants taking jobs?

THat's the 3rd time you've stated that I stated an affirmative or negative position on either party in this story. THis is the 3rd time I've asked you to source the position. Will you finally do so or are you not reading posts while also not reading articles?

Always awkward when you rag the wig off a black woman in the bedroom ffs.

Dude, I just finally found a legit barber in town. Had a guy in college I went to, got to know him pretty well, he knew my haircut without asking, all that good stuff, finally found one in my new place. Same thing, guy has to be in his 70s, has stuffed bass up on the walls with model cars and all that, but he gives a solid high and tight for cheap, and remembers every customer. It’s so much better than, say, Great Clips.

I try to book a few gigs in New Orleans once a month to go to one of my favorite barbershops in the country.

The Bearded Lady over on Magazine is fucking amazing. $30 for a beard trim, an incredible cut, and a stout glass of bourbon. Old playboys, chairs from the 30's and a towel warmer from like 1910 or something.

BLBS+Sample+Shop+Images-09752.jpg

BLBS+Sample+Shop+Images-09675.jpg

When did I complain about immigrants taking jobs?

THat's the 3rd time you've stated that I stated an affirmative or negative position on either party in this story. THis is the 3rd time I've asked you to source the position. Will you finally do so or are you not reading posts while also not reading articles?
You are saying that black people cant open a business selling an established product right next door to an established store open by immigrants, so yes taking their jobs (which the entire industry was basically built by those people as a side note). That’s what the article is about. So now the Chinese are coming in, near the bottom of he article, to undersell the Koreans. The established businesses will of course still have a major advantage but per the article and quote I used before if they pool resoirces with other black people (like the Koreans do) they can get a foothold but they’re going to have to open somewhere a bigger store doesn’t already exist. Is hat going to be hard? Yeah. Someone else already did all the work. Unless you plan on just taking it from them they aren’t going to just give up Their livelihood.

They are trying to open a business selling the same product as the existing established business in the same location. How could that possibly work out? And a suit has actual uses, though I do hope it dies some day

I'm still not sure if you've read the article dude. A lot of the discussion led to some of the businesswomen actually flying overseas to set up connections and the way they're working around the cut throat existing businesses that won't sell to them.

A suit has uses yeah, mainly I like the way I look in them. Don't see your point bro.

You are saying that black people cant open a business selling an established product right next door to an established store open by immigrants, so yes taking their jobs (which the entire industry was basically built by those people as a side note). That’s what the article is about. So now the Chinese are coming in, near the bottom of he article, to undersell the Koreans. The established businesses will of course still have a major advantage but per the article and quote I used before if they pool resoirces with other black people (like the Koreans do) they can get a foothold but they’re going to have to open somewhere a bigger store doesn’t already exist. Is hat going to be hard? Yeah. Someone else already did all the work. Unless you plan on just taking it from them they aren’t going to just give up Their livelihood.

Where did I say any of that?

You really are awful. Listen, just quote where I said what you're saying.

I'm still not sure if you've read the article dude. A lot of the discussion led to some of the businesswomen actually flying overseas to set up connections and the way they're working around the cut throat existing businesses that won't sell to them.

A suit has uses yeah, mainly I like the way I look in them. Don't see your point bro.
So we read he same article. Business is hard and you have to be creative so get into the market once it’s eatbalished. That isn’t unique to weaves

Where did I say any of that?

You really are awful. Listen, just quote where I said what you're saying.
Koreans own the most stores right? Do people who shop there want to open their own? If they try to open heir own do hey run into issues with suppliers since they already have established clientele? Is there any way to get rid of the Koreans that doesn’t involve just taking their business except for selling something /somewhere else or providing a different level of service? Is all of that in the article? Are you still disagreeing with that?

Koreans own the most stores right? Do people who shop there want to open their own? If they try to open heir own do hey run into issues with suppliers since they already have established clientele? Is there any way to get rid of the Koreans that doesn’t involve just taking their business except for selling something /somewhere else or providing a different level of service? Is all of that in the article? Are you still disagreeing with that?

So, no, you're not going to actually cite me saying any of the things you claim I stated?

For the record - this is the 4th time I'm asking you to back up your stated claims regarding another poster. Think very carefully about your next response.

So we read he same article. Business is hard and you have to be creative so get into the market once it’s eatbalished. That isn’t unique to weaves

Yikes x3. You truly are exhausting. You've just enough wit to play coy but not witty enough to say something profound.

Of course business is hard isn't unique to weaves but the obstacles in the industry are certainly unique. Thus the entire fucking thread Brobama.

So, no, you're not going to actually cite me saying any of the things you claim I stated?

For the record - this is the 4th time I'm asking you to back up your stated claims regarding another poster. Think very carefully about your next response.
I’m saying if you hold any of those positions that is the only way what you’re advocating can be accomplished. You’re going to have to push Koreans out or explore other markets. Since the interest in exploring other markets doesn’t appear to be the goal of the people in the article (the unsuccessful ones that can’t get in) that kind of narrows it down some doesn’t it?

Yikes x3. You truly are exhausting. You've just enough wit to play coy but not witty enough to say something profound.

Of course business is hard isn't unique to weaves but the obstacles in the industry are certainly unique. Thus the entire fucking thread Brobama.

You’re just more narrowly defining which Asian country providing the goods instead of saying Asians. This argument has been had. Predictably the Chinese are moving in. Will be quite difficult to get around the Koreans eatablished and you won’t do it by selling cheaper. That’s like going against Walmart

I’m saying if you hold any of those positions that is the only way what you’re advocating can be accomplished. You’re going to have to push Koreans out or explore other markets. Since the interest in exploring other markets doesn’t appear to be the goal of the people in the article (the unsuccessful ones that can’t get in) that kind of narrows it down some doesn’t it?

So, that's a no. I have not posted a single statement about the merits of this subject, except to ask the TS to edit his title. Despite multiple opportunities to self-correct, you're not doing so.

This is an ongoing issue with you.

Last edited:
So, that's a no. I have not posted a single statement about the merits of this subject, except to ask the TS to edit his title. Despite multiple opportunities to self-correct, you're not doing so.
Le sigh

Do you think black people should own more of these stores

How do you expect them to get them

Back