Social Baldness in men

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
the short version
  • men have historically wanted longer hair but today normalize short hair
  • men go through great lengths to lengthen their hair i.e hair transplants, wigs
  • men place more value in men with longer hair such as those in populist movements
  • men revile baldness yet refer to long haired men as feminine
  • there seems to be contradiction in our cultural line of though
  • Kings and leaders of the past were mostly expected to display long hair
  • Rivals used to accuse others of wearing a wig/ this is still common today e.g it's a strange critic levied toward trump

Cultural debate about masculinity that probably looks better in the mayberry but would probably go the war room way anyway.

Historically men have preferred having luxurious hair but in modern times they have come to be conditioned to keeping their hair short. Masculinity has become more about conformity. Men go through extreme lengths to maintain their hair, from buying anti balding products to wig wearing. In the past aristocrats wore extravagant long curly wigs to conceal baldness. Men will pay millions to have hair replacement to have long flamboyant hair. Typically the people who get hair replacements want long hair. Ideally in culture we tend to prefer men to have flamboyant locks, this can be seen in the modern populist movement in which it has become somewhat of an expectation for the male representatives to have flamboyant hair. Millei is a good modern example. Nobody is complimenting Trudeu or Biden's hairline yet Millei has that lengthened wild appearance and receives compliments for it. In regular society people might say it is messy, and your typical high school bully would probably have at it.

Yes all in all men keep their hair short and trimmed. What is up with that? Over all they don't like losing their hair and will go through any expense possible to restore and lengthen their hair, yet culturally men are conditioned to shorten it. In society we tended to view longer hair as a symbol of leadership going back to the vikings/merovingians/prior and this was maintained for thousands of years. Today it's discouraged as feminine in the mainstream yet the cultural male undercurrent still clearly favors having long hair. Are the haters basically just jealous girls?

I do know the historical routes of the changeover but this is more of a discussion on how men today view the issue

Last edited:
I dont have bald genetics but i keep my hair short because it's a lot easier to deal with. Long hair makes showering take twice as long; shampoo/conditioner/drying/brushing is a pain the ass. Also long hair gets really nasty if you train grappling.

The only reason i would want long hair is if i had an oddly shaped skull.

Can you put that shit in point form. Too much to read, buddy.....

dhN.gif

forest-gump.gif

Cultural debate about masculinity that probably looks better in the mayberry but would probably go the war room way anyway.

Historically men have preferred having luxurious hair but in modern times they have come to be conditioned to keeping their hair short. Masculinity has become more about conformity. Men go through extreme lengths to maintain their hair, from buying anti balding products to wig wearing. In the past aristocrats wore extravagant long curly wigs to conceal baldness. Men will pay millions to have hair replacement to have long flamboyant hair. Typically the people who get hair replacements want long hair. Ideally in culture we tend to prefer men to have flamboyant locks, this can be seen in the modern populist movement in which it has become somewhat of an expectation for the male representatives to have flamboyant hair. Millei is a good modern example. Nobody is complimenting Trudeu or Biden's hairline yet Millei has that lengthened wild appearance and receives compliments for it. In regular society people might say it is messy, and your typical high school bully would probably have at it.

Yes all in all men keep their hair short and trimmed. What is up with that? Over all they don't like losing their hair and will go through any expense possible to restore and lengthen their hair, yet culturally men are conditioned to shorten it. In society we tended to view longer hair as a symbol of leadership going back to the vikings/merovingians/prior and this was maintained for thousands of years. Today it's discouraged as feminine in the mainstream yet the cultural male undercurrent still clearly favors having long hair. Are the haters basically just jealous girls?

I do know the historical routes of the changeover but this is more of a discussion on how men today view the issue
So we are talking modern western society.
Let's first clarify what is a Man and what is a Woman. This is the basics. One we know the distinction rooted in biology, we go from there.

After that we can get into aesthetics. Its generally unmanly to spend too much mirror time, thats across cultures.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is also credited with making bodybuilding acceptable for heterosexuals.

If you are fortunate to keep your hair as you age, good for you. I still have full head of hair into 40's, friends of mine were bald in early 20's.

Women and children have larger craniums relative to their faces. Hair volume accentuates this. Cutting your hair short creates the appearance that your face is larger relative to your cranium.

The most masculine appearing hair styles even for guys with long hair has them pulling it tight to the head to minimize volume like Masvidal and Roman Reigns.

The purpose of the beard seems largely to exaggerate this proportion with the face appearing relatively larger. Probably why long hair tends to look a lot better with a beard than clean shaven. At least IMO.

Last edited:
I dont have bald genetics but i keep my hair short because it's a lot easier to deal with. Long hair makes showering take twice as long; shampoo/conditioner/drying/brushing is a pain the ass. Also long hair gets really nasty if you train grappling.

The only reason i would want long hair is if i had an oddly shaped skull.

• men go through great lengths to lengthen their hair i.e hair transplants, wigs
  • men place more value in men with longer hair such as those in populist movements
  • Rivals used to accuse others of wearing a wig/ this is still common today e.g it's a strange critic levied toward trump

Women and children have larger craniums relative to their faces. Hair volume accentuates this. Cutting your hair short creates the appearance that your face is larger relative to your cranium.

The most masculine appearing hair styles even for guys with long hair has them pulling it tight to the head to minimize volume like Masvidal and Roman Reigns.

The purpose of the beard seems largely to exaggerate this proportion with the face appearing relatively larger. Probably why long hair tends to look a lot better with a beard than clean shaven. At least IMO.
another contradiction. one of the most prominent male grooming tools is a shaving kit. we are told to keep our hair short and not grow beards yet inherently w favor these aesthetics

2868ca24273e763e-105151375-10.jpg

Beard tom is best tom

another contradiction. one of the most prominent male grooming tools is a shaving kit. we are told to keep our hair short and not grow beards yet inherently w favor these aesthetics

The ideal isn't really hypermasculine. It's more of a masculine yet civilized look.

But I don't actually know many guys these days who clean shave if they can grow a proper beard. Although that was the standard for a long time.

And guys not growing their beards (or, even if they do, not growing them long) makes it even more necessary for them to cut their head hair short to achieve masculine proportions. The two go rather hand in hand.

Last edited:
the short version

I have a full head of hair and choose to shave it all off in sympathy with those that have no hair.

men go through great lengths to lengthen their hair i.e hair transplants, wigs
This is the flaw in your reasoning and why there isn't a contradiction.

Bald men go through great lengths to increase hair density, not to lengthen their hair.

When men get hair transplants they only do it to fill in the bald spots with SHORT hair.

This is the flaw in your reasoning and why there isn't a contradiction.

Bald men go through great lengths to increase hair density, not to lengthen their hair.

When men get hair transplants they only do it to fill in the bald spots with SHORT hair.

Men with long hair, eh???

Here's proof that the english are morons and cunts:

LawOrderUK.png

Baldness is rightfully seen as a genetic failure. It indicates something being off in your coding (too much testosterone, for example). Therefore, it's sort of an innate repulsion for some women.

What's interesting is that some women prefer it, which I suspect may have something to do with their own coding. Perhaps, for example, they have a genetic makeup that would match up well, with regards to offspring, with a high test male. Just a random theory.

what does any of this have to do with my post?

Shorter hair makes men look younger. Our culture emphasizes youth. I think that sums it up.

Hair is weird. Plenty of ancient and tribal cultures had practices that seemed odd to us now, including grooming their hair in ways that resembled what it looks like when men go bald. Perhaps because some of them were going bald. Japan had this, so did Native Americans of both the North and South of the continent. China had a custom of shaving the whole first half of your head and leaving the back long in a braid, which was a look I personally liked. Vikings had weird hair stylings as well.

In the modern age, who gives a sh*t? Just find what works for you and roll with it.

Back