Karyn Bryant and others respond to Schaub's comments on race

Glad that Karyn is standing up for herself! Schuab can't hold a candle to her skills and what he said was completely racist.
Tbh she really isn't a great commentator and mostly relies on the fighters around her. I have never EVER been impressed by her reporting or insight or comments concerning MMA. She's a filler. Designated pretty face who knows just enough not to be an embarassment.

they all suck

Schaub just sucks more

Alan Jouban campaigning to be part of the JRE/Deathsquad crew.

AUDIO:

Karyn Bryant:
- Karyn defends the qualifications of Tyron Woodley, Yves Edwards, and herself to be Fox panelists.
- Suggests that Brendan is the one not qualified. He's "not the most articulate guy".
- Said that Brendan auditioned once to join the Fox desk team. But he was never asked back.
- Acknowledges that Yves' usage of English is not the best, but he knows what he's talking about.
- "Chocolate people" was an unnecessary qualifier. (in deleted tweet)

Alan Jouban:
- Said that Brendan did not articulate well.
- Said Brendan deleted some tweets to Yves and Karyn.
- Said Brendan holds a grudge against Fox so his comments were biased.
- he defended Brendan and says he "set it up the wrong way"

Jouban/Bryant are good friends

so that's interesting

Also Tyron is only a panelist because he is champ. You think he would be a panelist if he wasn’t?

Has the personality of a cardboard box
Slow down the hype tiger. I've seen Uhaul boxes with personality.

Tbh she really isn't a great commentator and mostly relies on the fighters around her. I have never EVER been impressed by her reporting or insight or comments concerning MMA. She's a filler. Designated pretty face who knows just enough not to be an embarassment.
She's the host. Her job is to regulate the flow of the show and introduce topics to be discussed by the designated analysts. Whatever insight she has is merely a BONUS.

What is the point of this stupid battle?

Looks like it comes down to the fact that yves and tyron work at fox and Schaub doesn't, and Schaub is mad about it.

It all comes down to who has the better body:

2017-12-31-karyn-bryant-ufc.jpg

brendan-schaub-ufc-181.jpg

Both thicc, I think it's a tie.

How is she a pretty face?

She's the host. Her job is to regulate the flow of the show and introduce topics to be discussed by the designated analysts. Whatever insight she has is merely a BONUS.
Exactly and she is very good at it. I would say she is the best at her job of all the people on the show. Not only is she very good at regulating the flow. She lets the expert talk and create an enviroment they feel comfortable in. Too many host want to be the voice and speak over experts. Also she seems very well liked by eveyone on the show and can take a joke

Exactly and she is very good at it. I would say she is the best at her job of all the people on the show. Not only is she very good at regulating the flow. She lets the expert talk and create an enviroment they feel comfortable in. Too many host want to be the voice and speak over experts. Also she seems very well liked by eveyone on the show and can take a joke
Yup, Karyn knows her job. And even though she has an educated enough of an opinion given that she's been covering the sport for more than a decade, she cedes the analysis to the fighters. People itt are just looking for ways to discredit her to they can dismiss her opinion (that makes them uncomfortable).

What is the point of this stupid battle?

Looks like it comes down to the fact that yves and tyron work at fox and Schaub doesn't, and Schaub is mad about it.
I’m sure he’s really upset about that 30k annually.

He chose not to renue his podcast with fox

I have no interest in Karyn, and it isn’t her skin color of the fact that she is a woman. I want fighters or people that know the fight game.
As for The opinion that panels are getting “blacker” well that’s true. ESPN turned into BET. The world has gone nuts wi5 overcompensation....through a black woman in there and all boxes are checked. Most males don’t want women doing sports anyway.
Ive never minded her. I mean Tyron is a fighter and knows the fight game but is dogshit and bias/emotional.

Schaub is the luckiest guy in MMA history: ended up on one of the weakest TUF's ever, with a bunch of green noobs (Meathead), Kimbo and Roy Nelson, then came a very mediocre UFC career, the single most embarrassing and humiliating grappling match ever, and then somehow serendipitously became friends with Rogan (btw, I wouldn't be surprised if Rogan was Bi like CoGar, and that is the prometheus of their relationship).

I also wonder if somehow Rogan had remorse for verbally castrating Schaub publicly and pulled many strings behind the scenes to atone and make it up to Schaub. It stands to reason that Schaub, who has the IQ of a Grapefruit, fell in to all these shows. Maybe it is a Trump type thing, where he appeals to the lowest common denominator with all his talk of penises, which sounds just like a 17 year old closeted gay jock, who likes taking showers after football practice with other men and making jokes and touching about everyone's penis.
Not a fan of Shuab after his boxing commentating debut, uggg what an idiot but you think his successful podcast sponsors and working gigs are luck based?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back