Media BSD's Manager on how the fight with Poirier came to be, and comments on Islam

Why was it 2 weeks notice? Oh that's right, because yet another ranked opponent pulled out at the last minute or ducked him entirely. He was on a 10 fight win streak and just ran through #6 in 2 minutes like he was a grappling dummy. BSD isn't even top 10.

You don't need to run to islam's defense so much lol. He's doing fine. relax. BSD's manager said they'd like a title shot. There's nothing wrong with WANTING that. He seemed very aware that it was unlikely. You're getting upset over nothing

You don't need to run to islam's defense so much lol. He's doing fine. relax. BSD's manager said they'd like a title shot. There's nothing wrong with WANTING that. He seemed very aware that it was unlikely. You're getting upset over nothing
LMAO Ironic. Kinda seemed like you ran to BSD's defense hahaha.

Order:

- you gave cliffs
- poster responded to cliffs with facts
- you responded to poster with subjective declaration

Mind you, your declaration was fine. Perfectly fine to "want" the title shot. But, again, it was you running to defend LOL 100% diff than what you think

LMAO Ironic. Kinda seemed like you ran to BSD's defense hahaha.

Order:

- you gave cliffs
- poster responded to cliffs with facts
- you responded to poster with subjective declaration

Mind you, your declaration was fine. Perfectly fine to "want" the title shot. But, again, it was you running to defend LOL 100% diff than what you think

Just trying clarify what was actually said as I'm not a professional translator. Seems like there must have been some kind of misunderstanding with my translation if it made someone respond with that much criticism. I have nothing to defend BSD over as he isn't even the one who said all these things, and I don't even agree with everything that the manager said -- I was just translating and cliffing. I did get a bit cheeky though with the bobby green comment lol, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
I like BSD, his manager and Dustin.

With that said, I hope he steamrolls Dustin and gets a shitletot just to trigger you guys.

<3>
Poor Dustin, everyone is gunning for him trying to take the valuable scalp. He's like an aging lion and every young lion is trying to take him down.

Either BSD puts him out to pasture or it turns into a Geathje vs Fiz fight. I think BSD is more well rounded than Fiziev and I think Dustin is more worn than Gaethje, so I wouldn't be surprised at BSD taking this.

Just trying clarify what was actually said as I'm not a professional translator. Seems like there must have been some kind of misunderstanding with my translation if it made someone that upset. I have nothing to defend BSD over as he isn't even the one who said all these things, and I don't even agree with everything that the manager said -- I was just translating and cliffing. I did get a bit cheeky though with the bobby green comment lol, I'll give you that.

I think the issue is the Mgr's comments on Islam's selective and calculated scheduling. It may be a function of interpretation - you're right.

The facts is Islam did not have a great SoS when he got the title shot. In fact it was straight up poor relative to avg title contender SoS for last 5 years at LW.
Viewed another way. Islam dominated 10 fights in a row, barely losing a round (I think he lost to Arman on a few scorecards; too lazy to look it up) & multiple top contenders declined the fight or pulled out.
Same set of circumstances. Both facts. Just characterized differently.

My biggest takeaway is if he's right and Islam only fights once this year - and it's not b/c of a serious injury - I will be really disappointed in Islam and it's bs for the division. Charles took on everyone back to back to back. Islam has limitations (Ramadan) but that's a 2-3 month work around. He should NOT be fighting only 1/yr if healthy. Lame and not Champ worthy if it plays out that way.

I think the issue is the Mgr's comments on Islam's selective and calculated scheduling. It may be a function of interpretation - you're right.

The facts is Islam did not have a great SoS when he got the title shot. In fact it was straight up poor relative to avg title contender SoS for last 5 years at LW.
Viewed another way. Islam dominated 10 fights in a row, barely losing a round (I think he lost to Arman on a few scorecards; too lazy to look it up) & multiple top contenders declined the fight or pulled out.
Same set of circumstances. Both facts. Just characterized differently.

My biggest takeaway is if he's right and Islam only fights once this year - and it's not b/c of a serious injury - I will be really disappointed in Islam and it's bs for the division. Charles took on everyone back to back to back. Islam has limitations (Ramadan) but that's a 2-3 month work around. He should NOT be fighting only 1/yr if healthy. Lame and not Champ worthy if it plays out that way.

I feel like there's nuggets of truth in his criticisms of islam, just amplified a bit to stir the pot maybe (or maybe he really believes it?? I don't know). Islam tweeting to say he's ready to fight immediately after the announcement of Charles vs. Arman was a bit odd and I can see why BSD's manager would jump to the conclusions that he did, but it is also possible that we just don't know what the hell is going on with Islam. We'll have to wait to see how it all plays out. Personally, I do believe Islam will fight twice this year -- I hope anyways.

Poor Dustin, everyone is gunning for him trying to take the valuable scalp. He's like an aging lion and every young lion is trying to take him down.

Either BSD puts him out to pasture or it turns into a Geathje vs Fiz fight. I think BSD is more well rounded than Fiziev and I think Dustin is more worn than Gaethje, so I wouldn't be surprised at BSD taking this.
Word.

I am surprised that Dustin took it, I hope he is getting a big big bag, he deserves it. I thought he would hold out for bigger names, but you can’t wait forever. And he seems like one of the few guys with a great post-fighting future, and who won’t ‘hang around too long’ so maybe that was a factor for him.

Anyways hopefully a great showing by both men.

Why is Arman or Olives difficult,Islam already beat those 2.

Dustin knows that he's running out of options in the top 5 and eventually has to give an opportunity to a prospect. If you look at who's below Dustin in the rankings, it becomes clearer why he rolled the dice on BSD.

Arman, Gamrot, Fiziev, and Jalin Turner are stylistically difficult fights.

He's already beaten Chandler and Hooker.

Dariush isn't a name.

RDA is fighting at WW these days.

That leaves BSD who has a lot of hype surrounding him and is a winnable fight for Dustin. The UFC could very well reward him with another title shot.

I know what you’re saying, but I’m not convinced BSD is a name yet to casuals. I think it will be an absolute war and I’m glad it’s happening, I’m just surprised it’s happening.

Most people don’t go from fighting Matt Frevola to fighting Dustin Poirier.

I know what you’re saying, but I’m not convinced BSD is a name yet to casuals. I think it will be an absolute war and I’m glad it’s happening, I’m just surprised it’s happening.

Most people don’t go from fighting Matt Frevola to fighting Dustin Poirier.

JBG is blessing his Saint

Not sure they'll know if Poirier got more money based on the salaries released. It's possible they gave him ppv points or more ppv points than he was already getting.
This, not sure if Florida releases purses.

Really surprised Dustin took this fight.
I’m not. Dustin has made it clear for a while that his top priority is money, so I’m sure UFC is very much making it worth his while. Dustin probably only has a couple more fights in him, and he is a good name to build BSD on if he loses. So it’s win-win: Dustin gets paid, and the UFC gets an opportunity to build a future star.

Also, Dustin is very business-savvy and I would not be surprised if his contract includes a stipulation for a guaranteed title shot if he beats BSD, or something else that will make this worth his while on top of the money.

Lol at the bathtub brigade attacking TS for translating what BSD manager has said. 😂

And everytime when there is a silly tweet it’s Ali using his fighters x account. Let’s just blaim Ali.

Is normal here, bathtubbers never change.
And BSD manager must be a hater and racist.

If you take his comments on Islam at face value you'd think Islam was the one that pulled out against Charles and not vice versa. You can't pretend like Islam is doing any ducking when he accepted multiple opponents after Charles' pullout. The whole "Islam's quote" bs in the UFC Pi is a glaring anomaly in the usual UFC lie-fest. I actually do believe that Dana sucked Islam off so much on that quote that Islam really did accept anyone.

So Islam challenged #1 p4p a guy undefeated for years. And then Islam accepted against the guy who destroyed every other top LW except for him. I get him hyping up his guy and perhaps he is privy to inside info that I am not. But based on the reading I've done and the public announcements I think he's full of shit about Islam's calculated scheduling.

One last thing - If he's right that Islam fights after Ramadan but then not later in the year (esp if he is healthy around time of Abu Dhabi card) I will give him props for in fact being far more knowledgeable about this and in fact being right.
You know Theo gets a hard-on for whatever Islam shade he stumbles upon, wherever it may be.
Good poster but his utter dislike for Mak and team is not exactly a secret.

Lol at the bathtub brigade attacking TS for translating what BSD manager has said. 😂

And everytime when there is a silly tweet it’s Ali using his fighters x account. Let’s just blaim Ali.

Is normal here, bathtubbers never change.
And BSD manager must be a hater and racist.
I'm not attacking TS, Shermano.
I say this because I am a known bathtubber and I of course thought you were responding to me.

Back