Jon Jones would DESTROY Stipe Miocic

Could Jones Get A Win Over Stipe?

• Total voters
Make believe? Did you do any research? The very site you are posting on posted the quotes lol.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jo...ounds-Due-to-New-Weightlifting-Regimen-103603

“I was 240 [pounds] at one point two months ago, lifting all types of crazy weight,” Jones said during a recent conference call. “Now I’m about 218. I feel great. I feel a lot like the athlete I was before; I think I punch harder and I’m a little more explosive.”

That quote is 4 days away from the OSP fight.
LOOOOL WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT SAY HE WAS 240 V OSP???????????? IM TRULY DUMBFOUNDED AT YOUR ABILITY TO SPIN REALITY

I cannot believe nobody else has responded to this moron. Jones has an "inability" to take LHWs of his generation down?!! Is this a joke or what? Umm, it is kind of his main strength. Unreal.

3/6 vs Glover
1/11 vs Gus
3/5 vs DC
0/3 vs DC rematch

35% with very little top control. that doesn't translate well to HW. if he can't win from top he'd have to rely a lot on his stand-up.

You are either fucking with me or you are a complete moron or both.... Hell I may be the moron for even debating with you.

The weight classes are intended to level the playing field and pit like-sized guys against each other. The "advantage" fighters attempt to gain in CUTTING weight is to try to fit into a smaller weight class in order to fight smaller opponents.

Maybe this helps: let's say you have an ass-kicking competition and you set the divisions up by shoe size. I wear a size 13-14 but if I could, somehow, squeeze my floppy, flat foot into a size 10 shoe for 5 minutes at "weigh-ins", my kicks would have more impact and mass than a guy who really wears a size 10 shoe. I would try and do everything in my power to get my foot into that shoe and avoid opponents in the 13-14 sized shoe range. However, I would make sure to try to act "real cool" so that I, too, could have moronic fans defending me and saying that I am a natural size 10 because I can fit into the shoe for 5 minutes 24 hours before the competition starts.

Do you understand, now???

You use words like fucking moron when you dont know or understand why baseball, basketball and tennis dont have weight classes

You use words like fucking moron when you dont understand COMBAT SPORT use "weight classes"

You've communicated that weight classes/weight cutting and being in shape are a source of tremedous confusion for you.

ALL COMPETITORS CUT WEIGHT to fall within their weight class
ALL COMPETITORS CUT WEIGHT to fall within their weight class

205-230lbs in shape LHW
185-210bs in shape MW
175-200lbs in shape WW

and subsequently down

ALL COMPETITORS, that means EVERYONE.
Youve never participated in any sport especially combat sport

I cant make it ANY more simple for you to comprehend.

This is why I encourage you to instead of typing vapid,emotional gibberish, read, educate, learn. You can even use this forum as a means to learn

You will get a better understanding of not just MMA but ALL combat sports with some rudimentary knowledge

Last edited:
LOOOOL WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT SAY HE WAS 240 V OSP???????????? IM TRULY DUMBFOUNDED AT YOUR ABILITY TO SPIN REALITY

He clearly says he's 240 before his weight cut. Can you read?

Jones is about the same weight as Werdum and Cain....except they choose not to cut weight.

Jones is about the same weight as Werdum and Cain....except they choose not to cut weight.

Actually no, it states he was 240 powerlifting before his training camp for OSP. He does not say he walks around at 240. It actually states he slimmed back down before his OSP fight and still feels the powerlifting helped his confidence and feels he has power.

Ok I guess you genuinely dont know about athletics or basic physiology

You dont understand what you read and it may be complicated if you dont participate in any physical exercise

He was saying he reached 240lbs power lifting. Power lifting is when you take heavy weight and try to quickly lift them to build strength and muscle, this called an anaerobic exercise
This is very different from the conditioning an athlete does when training for mma. (cardio, running, wrestling, boxing, BJJ) those are aerobic exercises.

So to be "In Shape" for a fight an athlete has to engage a plethora of aerobic training to have the proper conditioning to fight. This means the right body weight for optimum conditioning for the draining aerobic nature of mma; powerlifting is antithetical to that. Jones was not doing any mma training while powerlifiting hence not "in shape" to fight.

He wasnt 240lbs in shape to fight OSP nor is anyone in the LHW division for that matter unless they employ magic.

I voted yes. Stipe is a great fighter but he falls into Jones' game and is on the small side for HW - it's more of a style and size issue. I think a guy like Overeem or Werdum would pose much bigger problems for Jones - he doesn't seem to be very good at fighting guys his size or bigger (Gus etc)

3/6 vs Glover
1/11 vs Gus
3/5 vs DC
0/3 vs DC rematch

35% with very little top control. that doesn't translate well to HW. if he can't win from top he'd have to rely a lot on his stand-up.

Which is great. And Jones mixes in clinch work with his wrestling. Jones does not have to get a TD but he can drag you into deep water from clinching, body work. TD attempts and then drown you. Ask DC about it. He was a broken man in the 5th round.

Actually no, it states he was 240 powerlifting before his training camp for OSP. He does not say he walks around at 240. It actually states he slimmed back down before his OSP fight and still feels the powerlifting helped his confidence and feels he has power.

If he's hitting 240 before his camp, then he's walking around at 240 lol.

Do you think he cuts weight for fun? He cut the weight so he could make LHW. The guy is 6'3 and obviously has no problem hitting 240 lean, meanwhile fat guys like Werdum and Cain are fighting at HW not even close to being lean lol.

If Cain tried to make 205 he would have lose a lot of fat. It is more than him just cutting from his usual HW weight. He probably walks at 250. His legs are huge..

I voted yes. Stipe is a great fighter but he falls into Jones' game and is on the small side for HW - it's more of a style and size issue. I think a guy like Overeem or Werdum would pose much bigger problems for Jones - he doesn't seem to be very good at fighting guys his size or bigger (Gus etc)
"very good at fighting guys his size or bigger"

Who are "these guys"?
Like OSP, Bonnar, Gusmua, Vera?

Do you think he cuts weight for fun? He cut the weight so he could make LHW. The guy is 6'3 and obviously has no problem hitting 240 lean, meanwhile fat guys like Werdum and Cain are fighting at HW not even close to being lean lol.

When Jones is eating pancakes 3 days before a weigh in, the man is breezing through the cut. The only time someone should feel compelled to really go up, is when you can't or are struggling to make weight. This is not Jones.

Jones doesnt even "destroy" a third of his opponents but he is going to destroy a 6'4", 245 lb wrecking ball of a man.

Which is great. And Jones mixes in clinch work with his wrestling. Jones does not have to get a TD but he can drag you into deep water from clinching, body work. TD attempts and then drown you. Ask DC about it. He was a broken man in the 5th round.

A 35% projection from LHW to HW isn't great, imo. It's unlikely those numbers hold up against bigger men, Stipe being the focal point here.

He can win clinch wars against top HW's, as DC's a wrestling beast at HW. But Stipe's goal wouldn't be to clinch, that's when his size and strength comes into play. He looks to corner and KO.

When Jones is eating pancakes 3 days before a weigh in, the man is breezing through the cut. The only time someone should feel compelled to really go up, is when you can't or are struggling to make weight. This is not Jones.

Saying Jones struggles to make weight and Jones could fight at HW are two different things. Some people cut weight easier than others.

Are you denying that Jones has the size to be fighting at HW?

And there is another time that fighters should feel compelled to move up in weight. When they clean out their division. LHW is a wasteland right now. The only interesting fight for Jones is a Gus rematch and maybe Volkan (don't think that fight is very compelling myself).

Jones has a size advantage over pretty much everyone he fights in his weight class. Should he not feel the need to challenge himself? If you are truly the GOAT, shouldn't be able to move up in weight and beat a guy who got KO'd by Struve lol?

Are you denying that Jones has the size to be fighting at HW?

And there is another time that fighters should feel compelled to move up in weight. When they clean out their division. LHW is a wasteland right now. The only interesting fight for Jones is a Gus rematch and maybe Volkan (don't think that fight is very compelling myself).

Jones has a size advantage over pretty much everyone he fights in his weight class. Should he not feel the need to challenge himself? If you are truly the GOAT, shouldn't be able to move up in weight and beat a guy who got KO'd by Struve lol?

He can fight at HW but by no means is it something he needs to do or has to do. His resume is the best of all time just in terms of names. I don't see that many great fights for him at HW honestly. Cain is way past his prime, so is JDS and Reem. HW is pretty shallow right now. I think his idea of super fights while keeping the LHW belt is the right move. I expect he fights at HW in the next year. Maybe even against Stipe who knows? But I don't think he has long term plans to hold the HW belt.

Now I am not arguing what he normally weighs during his off time, but it clearly states there he WENT UP to 240 with powerlifting during his suspension before the OSP fight then trimmed back down for his fight camp. Obviously that means he does not normally walk around at 240. I mean you can argue all you want, but even this source doesn't agree with you. I also have no doubt in the past he has gone up in weight during his time off, but we have also seen the side by side pictures of chubby belly Jones and shredded Jones, so I doubt him walking around fat is any indication of his fight weight as well.

WHERE DOES IT SAY HE WAS 240 V OSP YOU SNEAKY TWAT. STOP BACKPEDDLING

If Cain tried to make 205 he would have lose a lot of fat. It is more than him just cutting from his usual HW weight. He probably walks at 250. His legs are huge..

If Cain tried to make 205 he would get injured.

Back