Jon Jones would DESTROY Stipe Miocic

Could Jones Get A Win Over Stipe?

• Total voters
Ding, ding, ding, ding! You win the prize! I know why fighters cut weight in regards to weight classes and, you are exactly right, it is to fight smaller competition. Shedding pounds for mobility, however, is an entirely different issue. Dehydrating and starving yourself isn't for performance, that cut is meant to fit into a lower weight class but my buddy, for whom the question was intended, would not answer because it would blast a hole in his argument.
You have to be practical here. If your optimal fight weight is closer to the lower division than it is the higher division, you choose the lower one 10 times out of 10. Yes even if it means dehydrating yourself to shed a few pounds at the weigh-ins. Some take this too far though

You have to be practical here. If your optimal fight weight is closer to the lower division than it is the higher division, you choose the lower one 10 times out of 10.
Practicality aside, I tend to agree with you but, at the end of the day, you are still cutting to duck a higher weight class. So to make a claim that he is fighting at his "natural" weight is false if he is dehydrating and starving himself to make that weight. A prime example is Khabib. The fact that a piece of tiramisu keeps him from making weight is a HUGE SIGN that he is in the wrong weight class. Fighters going to the hospital, because of weight cuts, are fighters that should not be fighting in that division. Pretty obvious, I think but what do i know?

Where's the "you're a dumbass, stipe would slaughter jones" option?

he could win the fight, but 'destroy'? don't know what would lead you to believe that. jones is dealing with a longer reach and a much bigger guy at HW, and someone who is just as well-rounded as he is.

I wouldn't know who to put money on in this one. something tells me stipe via GnP decision, I think he'd go for the TDs and get them.

Do you believe someone in HW can wrestle better than Jones?

Jones has the size to do well at HW, I think he has a chance to beat anyone at HW. Nobody is as complete as he is.

I understand weight classes and how they work. That, however, has nothing to do with WHY FIGHTERS CUT WEIGHT. This is the last time I will ask you to answer the question. If you can not or will not answer the question, then I suggest you take your little jon jones blankie and go crawl back into whatever little hole you came from and snuggle with your jon jones blow-up doll.
Judging from you emotional inc
I understand weight classes and how they work. That, however, has nothing to do with WHY FIGHTERS CUT WEIGHT. This is the last time I will ask you to answer the question. If you can not or will not answer the question, then I suggest you take your little jon jones blankie and go crawl back into whatever little hole you came from and snuggle with your jon jones blow-up doll.

Judging from you emotionally triggered and incoherent responce you still dont understand weight classes or why they are used in combat sports
Further you indicate Jones uniquely cuts weight
I tried educating you, even providing the margins for several of the UFC current weight classes
I cant educate you furhter sadly

Instead of typing in more drivel, read, educate yourself on the subject

Good luck with your learning.

Do you believe someone in HW can wrestle better than Jones?

Jones has the size to do well at HW, I think he has a chance to beat anyone at HW. Nobody is as complete as he is.
Jon gets hit pretty cleanly even in fights he does well in. DC, Gus+ more all landed very hard clean shots on him. Stipe only needs one, and hes going to be able to keep it standing.-

Judging from you emotional inc

Judging from you emotionally triggered and incoherent responce you still dont understand weight classes or why they are used in combat sports
Further you indicate Jones uniquely cuts weight
I tried educating you, even providing the margins for several of the UFC current weight classes
I cant educate you furhter sadly

Instead of typing in more drivel, read, educate yourself on the subject

Good luck with your learning.
You are weak...

plus, jones has longer reach than Struve and we all remember what happened there

struve-vs-miocic-o.gif
struve holding it down for the slendermen across the world

Back