Jon Jones would DESTROY Stipe Miocic

Could Jones Get A Win Over Stipe?

• Total voters
I don't know what you are rambling about. We fully understand weight classes.

What you seem incapable of understanding is why a fighter cuts weight. A fighter cuts weight so they don't have to fight in a heavier weight class. It really is that simple.

Jones weighed like 240 when he fought OSP. Said so himself.

no he did not..rofl

Could Jones get a win over Stipe? Sure.

Could he get slept like Werdum, Reem, Hunt and JDS? Sure.

"very good at fighting guys his size or bigger"

Who are "these guys"?
Like OSP, Bonnar, Gusmua, Vera?
Yeah, his performances against Bonnar and Gus seemed less impressive than his other wins, it seems like not a coincidence that they are big dudes.

I was torn between a simple "No" and "He'll never go to HW". Either way, it's a "No" so I went with that. ;)

I posted the quote with the link. He clearly says he was up to 240 before his camp started.
well yeah that's a different thing entirely though. Huge difference between walk around / out of camp weight and actual fight camp weight. What he showed up on fight week at probably wasn't much different from the 2nd DC fight. (215 pounds) He was around 240 grappling against henderson and was carrying quite a bit of fat on him.

Yeah, his performances against Bonnar and Gus seemed less impressive than his other wins, it seems like not a coincidence that they are big dudes.

Did you see that fight?

8 months as a pro fighter.....
Seriously?

2009-01-31-jon-jones-stephan-bonnar.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Its still legendary

Come on dude, based on your avatar, you should know better

Last edited:
Stipe has better boxing than Jones, plus last time Jones bulked up he looked bad. His style doesn't work well with bulkier muscles so if Jones goes in lean at say 210 I'd give him a better chance.

But on paper it's a bad matchup for Jones, Stipe is too big to get muscled around in the clinch which is how Jones initiates all his TDs. So outside of some crazy spinning shit, which Jones could totally do if he's leaner, I don't see him winning that fight.

You use words like fucking moron when you dont know or understand why baseball, basketball and tennis dont have weight classes

You use words like fucking moron when you dont understand COMBAT SPORT use "weight classes"

You've communicated that weight classes/weight cutting and being in shape are a source of tremedous confusion for you.

ALL COMPETITORS CUT WEIGHT to fall within their weight class

205-230lbs in shape LHW
185-210bs in shape MW
175-200lbs in shape WW

and subsequently down

ALL COMPETITORS, that means EVERYONE.
Youve never participated in any sport especially combat sport

I cant make it ANY more simple for you to comprehend.

This is why I encourage you to instead of typing vapid,emotional gibberish, read, educate, learn. You can even use this forum as a means to learn

You will get a better understanding of not just MMA but ALL combat sports with some rudimentary knowledge
Lol. Punk. Ashton, is that you?

You use words like fucking moron when you dont know or understand why baseball, basketball and tennis dont have weight classes

You use words like fucking moron when you dont understand COMBAT SPORT use "weight classes"

You've communicated that weight classes/weight cutting and being in shape are a source of tremedous confusion for you.

205-230lbs in shape LHW
185-210bs in shape MW
175-200lbs in shape WW

and subsequently down

ALL COMPETITORS, that means EVERYONE.
Youve never participated in any sport especially combat sport

I cant make it ANY more simple for you to comprehend.

This is why I encourage you to instead of typing vapid,emotional gibberish, read, educate, learn. You can even use this forum as a means to learn

You will get a better understanding of not just MMA but ALL combat sports with some rudimentary knowledge
Answer this, wise guy... Why are there weight classes?

Answer this, wise guy... Why are there weight classes?
If you cant comprehend the rudimentary concept of why specific sports utilize weight classes-

It would be too dificult to educate you any further.

I again encourage you to read, google, use this forum

If your high school has a wrestling program, talk to the coach I'm sure he/she would help you.

Knowledge and understanding of the sport will make it far more enjoyable!

Yea, Jones would destroy the HW division, but he prefers the challenge of dieting and cutting to 205.
Stop it. Maybe he prefers fighting in shape and not at a ridiculous weight disadvantage. Why do people get more credit for being overweight? Lol

Maybe, I just don't think any fighter would choose to cut weight and fight in the less prestige weight class if they think they would easily be the HW champ.
Or if there is a clear way to the title. Jones would get a HW title shot straight away.
HW is still the best class to be champion in all things considered. Comes with the most money.
The heavyweight division in the UFC has never been more prestige than light heavyweight. Stop the bullshit. It's all about the stars and who has the belt. And the fact of the matter is that historically the 205 pound division has had most of the biggest stars in the UFC fighting in it.

In the UFC no one cared about the heavyweights until Brock Lesnar.

If you cant comprehend the rudimentary concept of why specific sports utilize weight classes-

It would be too dificult to educate you any further.

I again encourage you to read, google, use this forum

If your high school has a wrestling program, talk to the coach I'm sure he/she would help you.

Knowledge and understanding of the sport will make it far more enjoyable!
The reason you will not answer is because, if you do, you will prove my point. Small guys should be classed with small guys... Medium sized guys with medium... Big guys with big guys.... But IMAGINE if a big guy could cut weight to fight a medium sized guy, he would have the advantage. That you cant grasp this concept is beyond comprehension. You are either really dense or have dug your heels down and will not back off your point because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

I have participated in competitive sports all of my life. I will admit that I have never competed in wrestling or organized MMA, although I trained Kung Fu and Jiu Jitsu before MMA was a trend. What I have seen, however, is that, much like weight class manipulation, parents would hold their kids back a year in school so that they would have an advantage in school sports, golf players sandbag to post bad scores weekly so that they could play tournaments with a higher hhandicap and steroid use and other methodologies of bending the rules. It is all the same but here is the last thing.... In comparing jones and Fedor, jones does take advantage of the rules and, because of his size, guarantees he is the biggest fighter in his class but Fedor never has. Fedor has, literally, fought everyone who accepted the challenge. A true GOAT ducks no one.

Back