Jon Jones reacts to Aspinall's knockout of Pavlovich: (Aspinall wants Jones in UK)

Winner?

• Total voters
Jon loses to both Sergei and Tom these days. Weird how people don't get that he is far past his prime. I would account bet on him losing (and also put big chunks of real money if the odds had him as favorite) but unfortunately the fight won't happen.

Except that he did great against Gane. Before fighting Jon Jones, Gane had a very competitive fight against Ngannou. Ngannou was obviously injured, but an injured Ngannou still remains an extremely dangerous opponent. Gane lost and it was his only loss at that moment.

Sure Jon Jones looked rather slow to me and a bit odd, but he still managed to have an impressive win.

I wanted to visit the uk sometime anyways. If this happens I might actually go. Uk uk uk. Never been to an event. I wonder how the brits treat a guy like me. Probably well. With respect sir.

Except that he did great against Gane. Before fighting Jon Jones, Gane had a very competitive fight against Ngannou. Ngannou was obviously injured, but an injured Ngannou still remains an extremely dangerous opponent. Gane lost and it was his only loss at that moment.

Sure Jon Jones looked rather slow to me and a bit odd, but he still managed to have an impressive win.
Yeah I was on record as saying the fight was a joke and Gane was a white belt as evidenced by the Francis fight that we all just watched.

Jon by having far superior grappling was the easiest prediction ever. It was borderline unsanctionable... if the same match-up took place in Pride UFC-only fans would definitely call it a freakshow (elite grappler vs a guy who never fought a grappler in his professional lifetime).

It isn't hard to guess though that Jon has declined. If it wasn't obvious from his last 3 fights at LHW it should be obvious by the years of inactivity and getting to an age where everyone declines. Doesn't detract his greatness from back in the day but I don't understand why fans don't understand the concept of aging solely with Jones. If only Fedor had retired in 2009 and sat on a couch for the last decade I guess we'd still have people saying he'd easily mop the floor with everyone at age 47 today.

So yeah, Jon loses to both Sergei and Tom. No shame in that though.

Jones thinks that's somehow having old Stipe on his list would add to his legacy and something he can retire on. The real legacy-making move would be to beat Aspinall and beat a huge guy in his prime. I'm guessing Jones still picks the Stipe route though.

That's a bad excuse. Jones takes his career seriously and he flat-out admitted that Reyes gave him a run for his money and he almost contemplated quitting.
He was almost bored with Sonnen and still destroyed him.
Sonnen went in there expecting to lose and knew he wasn't a threat anywhere. He beat himself before Jones put a hand on him.

What i don't get is why do people legitimately believe the same guy that sent DC away crying twice. Silenced everybody by mauling Gustafsson, then suddenly falls off a cliff against Smith, Reyes and Santos? We can blame it on PEDS, but a lack of motivation is far more likely.

It's crazy how anytime anyone even shows a hint of talent they are the one who will beat Jones. Don't think I've seen such a dominate fighter like Jones get picked to get beaten by so many people so often. I assume it's mostly due to just how many people can't stand Jones.

Jones thinks that's somehow having old Stipe on his list would add to his legacy and something he can retire on. The real legacy-making move would be to beat Aspinall and beat a huge guy in his prime. I'm guessing Jones still picks the Stipe route though.

Honestly beating Stipe or Aspinal aren't going to do much for his career at this point. His legacy is set. If he really wanted to seal it he would just retire right now.

Back