Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot

At the time that fight, Yoel was though iirc
So by now Jacare would probably be next in line. I don't think he'd have much of a problem if it was Bisping/Yoel being set. Must suck to know you're second in line (for most people) then a guy leapfrogs with the possibility of others doing the same

Melodrama to make a point seems to be not the worst strategy here.

Yes, you make a solid point. Still, Jacare needed his last two wins, even over the shell of Vitor and a somewhat resurgent Boetsch. I don't think he'd be getting a title shot before late summer either way. Now he'll be behind by a few months. The guy really getting screwed is Yoel. He should have fought Bisping six months ago.

And none of this is to defend the hash the UFC has made of the MW division.

He needs to be smart. He booked his second fight since Bisping accidentaly got the title, while Romero didnt get the titleshot and havent fought, since he almost killed Weidman.

He will just get this TS after Romero, this looks obvious to me. So, he needs widen more his fights and WAIT. And I am a Jacare fan...

The circumstances surrounding Romero vs Jacare were too murky.

The fence grab, the post fight aftermath, the fight itself being close, this rematch needs to be made and the winner should fight for the title.

Well bye, Jacare is great but he's not a needle mover or money fight. Guys he can probably beat like Bisping or Rockhold are way more marketable.

WME is more than fine if he disappears is my guess.

Well he should probably retire then . What does he bring to the table other than fighting ability? Nada

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

I want you guys to realize something

Evan Tanner went on a 3 fight winstreak at Middleweight to get his title shot

Rich Franklin went on a 2 fight winstreak to get his Middleweight title shot

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Michael Bisping went on a 3 fight winstreak to a title shit in the UFC

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.
One of the best posts I've read on here.

100% agree.

Lol sherdog! Get yo shit together you fools.

Why bitch and complain about how the UFC is a joke now???

Did you not realize this when 2 guys at LHW fought for the title while both of them were coming off losses???

<36>

Wait a minute, the only only people who would have a problem would be jacare and his fans cause he beat him 2 years ago and jacare ,himself, would feel 1000% better if Mousasi got shot over what Bisping has fought and is about to fight

I understand the latter part of that. The first bit I don't really get. You don't know what Souza would feel like if Mousasi got a title shot. Mousasi is not even in the conversation for a title fight yet.

As far as ducking ? really dude?
He d be a significant underdog to the top 5 fighters---yet he wants to fight diaz,Henderson,Anderson and Gsp.

Hold on - Diaz called him out first. And he replied in kind. The last thing he said to Diaz was 'get a win'

Again; how do you think the Henderson fight came about? Do you think he told the UFC he wanted to fight him?

He's already fought Silva. Silva is the one who is looking for a rematch.

And again; GSP said it clearly in an interview he picked Bisping for his comeback fight. That's where it gets contentious. Like you said in your previous post, GSP is a WW. Cut to the chase - Bisping would be mad to refuse to take that fight. Romero's manager even agreed with him on it when they had that row on his podcast.

Do I have to put my kid gloves on and treat you like a layman?

I'm asking nicely, don't respond while you're not ahead......please, pretty please with sugar on top.
Thank you

You can make up whatever narrative you want, but just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean you're right.

He needs to get a neck tat and wear sunglasses indoors.

That's the only path I can see to a title shot.

& say bro & dude a lot.

Well bye, Jacare is great but he's not a needle mover or money fight. Guys he can probably beat like Bisping or Rockhold are way more marketable.

WME is more than fine if he disappears is my guess.

u cannot make ufc only around "ppv fighter" they nothing without contenders.

Packed up my tools for my raw power move...

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

I want you guys to realize something

Evan Tanner went on a 3 fight winstreak at Middleweight to get his title shot

Rich Franklin went on a 2 fight winstreak to get his Middleweight title shot

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Michael Bisping went on a 3 fight winstreak to a title shit in the UFC

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.

You are a Spastic!! Jacare was fucking offered a title shot at Rockhold. He cried I can't I am to Injured waah waaah waah They then Offered it to Bisping who stepped up and got the job done.

So sod off you crying whining Jacare lover. His time will come.

Plenty of Left hook Larry to go around.

And Jacare asked to fight Bisping who reminded him that he was injured. You can't even get the fucking qoutes right.

And He never ducked Yoel he was set to
Fight Yoel untill the GSP offer hit the table. And you are a arse tickling dipstick if you think he should have rejected that.

I understand the latter part of that. The first bit I don't really get. You don't know what Souza would feel like if Mousasi got a title shot. Mousasi is not even in the conversation for a title fight yet.

Hold on - Diaz called him out first. And he replied in kind. The last thing he said to Diaz was 'get a win'

Again; how do you think the Henderson fight came about? Do you think he told the UFC he wanted to fight him?

He's already fought Silva. Silva is the one who is looking for a rematch.

And again; GSP said it clearly in an interview he picked Bisping for his comeback fight. That's where it gets contentious. Like you said in your previous post, GSP is a WW. Cut to the chase - Bisping would be mad to refuse to take that fight. Romero's manager even agreed with him on it when they had that row on his podcast.

You can make up whatever narrative you want, but just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean you're right.
He called out Diaz at the beginning and just recently said what he said and yes, mousasi is in the title picture.Hes 7-1" in past 8 and is the #5 mw in probably the toughest class in UFC.Yrs, romero and jacare are ahead of him but that doesn't disqualify him from title picture....plus he's already been offered to coward and he turned it down...
???????????
?????????

and it's called a fight forum so I'm debating because, of course, I think I'm right??????
??????

Just for the record ,I'm sure I've turned out to be wrong on a handful of my posts since '08........just like everyone else if their willing to admit.

But-- yes I believe I'm standing on the right side of this argument and by quite a margin....

Agsin, quit while you're NOT ahead

He called out Diaz at the beginning and just recently said what he said and yes, mousasi is in the title picture.Hes 7-1" in past 8 and is the #5 mw in probably the toughest class in UFC.Yrs, romero and jacare are ahead of him but that doesn't disqualify him from title picture....plus he's already been offered to coward and he turned it down...
???????????
?????????

and it's called a fight forum so I'm debating because, of course, I think I'm right??????
??????

Just for the record ,I'm sure I've turned out to be wrong on a handful of my posts since '08........just like everyone else if their willing to admit.

But-- yes I believe I'm standing on the right side of this argument and by quite a margin....

Agsin, quit while you're NOT ahead
Mousasi turned down Bisping? Hard to believe, even pre-title Bisping is a big pay day and relatively easy win.

Fighters like Jacare should be using this as an opportunity to promote themselves as the real champion of their division and fight the best. Instead I see a lot of fighters sitting around complaining about not getting title shots. Look at Conor, he acted like he was the champion long before he had the belt. If you feel like you're the best act like it and claim it. Fighters complaining about not getting XY and Z always feels petty to me, and I like Jacare.

Whittaker gonna send him to the back of the line.

Terrible fight stylistically for Jacare. He probably never gets the title shot.

Unfortunately, WME doesn't care about having top fighters in the UFC. Its all about drawing power because theyre trying to make their money back as quick as possible.

This new UFC is fucking garbage!

Back