Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot | Page 5

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Threetrees, Mar 20, 2017.

1. faustian FREE BANCHAN

faustian
    Well Ping will most certainly lose the strap the first time he faces an actual contender so there's a chance Jacare could then get a shot

2. ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo

ThunderStruck
    Just like Rockhold did?

Swarthy likes this.
  3. Mr Wings Brown Belt

Mr Wings
    4 likes in over 5 hours? Pathetic dude. IMG_5193.JPG

4. The guest Talkin that sass.

The guest
    A reasonable frame of mind. I wish him nothing but the best. He's a class individual. I still hope he somehow gets a TS. But, it's not looking too good.

Between the fuckery, and duckery. He's getting screwed over.

rjmbrd likes this.
  5. yeguiza Brown Belt

yeguiza
    meanwhile, 1st world teenagers start threads inluding bisping as a goat or a p4p ace

this sport is becoming sad as boxing

6. Touch of Death Killashaw!

Touch of Death
    Fluke.
    If they fought again, Rockhold would be the rightful favourite.

Although, I'm not too sure how Rockhold will look after the injury.

7. ScarfaceJr Brown Belt

ScarfaceJr
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Fuck you bisping
    Fuck you gsp
    Fuck you dana
    Fuck you wme
    Fuck you mcphaggot
    Fuck you ufc

Fucking jackasses

Andy Anderson likes this.
  8. chinarice Silver Belt

chinarice
    To be fair, Tony deserves a LW titleshot more than Jacare deserves a MW title shot and he still hasn't got one!

9. Tonycpa Gold Belt

Tonycpa
  10. TheWobbler Purple Belt

TheWobbler
    All these guys are approaching 40 years old. Its a complete embarrassment that they had to wait this long and now even longer to geta title shot. Romero may not see his until next year because GSP needs 6 months to get ready lol. They need to book the bisping fight for 212 so we can get this division moving again. Lets pray that GSP does not win this belt.

SherdogGoat likes this.
  11. Hoop Brown Belt

Hoop
    Before I quote what you said - why does this have to be an 'argument?' It's a debate to me, but if you want to see it as an argument, that's no problem. And if you want to feel like you're winning it, that's cool as well.

I'm pretty sure he was responding to Diaz before he won the belt. Anyway, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

RE: Mousasi's record; one of those losses was to Hall which broke up some momentum. Then the other fighters he fought apart from Leites were nowhere near a title shot. Beating Belfort now he's off the TRT shows what a different fighter he is. His last fight was beating Hall, and now he has Weidman. He has to win that fight before he's mentioned in the running for the title. He has two other fighters ahead who are clearly ahead of him, but lady luck can always play a part somewhere down the line if the other two get injured.

It's not about being right or wrong - I think you have a different narrative on some things. Calling Bisping a coward when it's quite the opposite, imo.

Another thing you don't seem to touch on is when I mention GSP saying in an interview that he 'picked' Bisping for his comeback fight. But you want to stay on the topic of cowardly Bisping.

I could easily bring up Mousasi and his whining about the Hall fight - when he said he was 'encouraged' to finish fights and after Hall sparked him out, he went on a meltdown saying he was forced to fight more high risk. Complaining about the Machida fight and him being greased up and accusing him of being on PEDs. Machida informed USADA he took something on the banned list from a different fight. So, at the time when the UFC see him lose to Machida, Souza and Hall, maybe they think he isn't at that level to be fighting for a title.

Swarthy likes this.
  12. Franklin U. Silver Belt

Franklin U.
    Lol-'ypu you read wrong (or I posted wrong)..other way around, mousasi was offered to coward and he said " nah, Bisping Mousasi is bad for business "
    Please...moose would be a -270 favorite and turn Bisping s face into chopped meat and his bad eye ball may come popping out.
    You said it- easy payday plus the title

ZackZed likes this.
  13. Franklin U. Silver Belt

Franklin U.
    Let me ask you a wquestion.....who would beat a top 5mw and then become one because of it then 4 weeks later go backwards and take a risk and fight someone who beat him ?
    The answer is NO ONE.Nobody on UFC roster would take that chance.Mousasi knew 100% it was a fluke and even said so leading up to rematch in week before that he knew he was not only the superior fighter but knew he was winning.
    That's called a brand of confidence that we don't see in this sport anymore.
    He got to top 5 where he deserved to be and still wanted TO SHUT UP EVERYBODY ABOUT THAT FIGHT AND HE DID EXACTLY THAT in short 1st round work.

Listen, agsin, quit while you're not ahead.youre not going to win this.Dont respond anymore (Don't worry, I won't brag about making you my----------......youve got my word)

14. Franklin U. Silver Belt

Franklin U.
    Yes, you definitely misread I posted He (mousasi) was offered to coward (bisping)..
    No worries

15. ShreddinMMA Silver Belt

ShreddinMMA
    Real leverage. When you don't need fighting to pay the bills.

Jacare can open some serious gyms in both the US and Brazil and make fuckloads with his name. Who in the US wouldn't want to train BJJ under Jacare? Especially got MMA reasons?

16. Well looks like he will have to retire because the following guys deserve title shots before him in this order

1)Romero
    2)Rockhold
    3)Weidman vs Mous winner

17. Axe720 Sunbro Belt

Axe720
    Sucks to see a competitive division being held up.

18. whaleshark Breakdancing on fools

whaleshark
    Time to put the Baldfather in a death roll

IMG_1484.JPG

19. rjmbrd Silver Belt

rjmbrd
    Without getting into a debate on the overall fairness of fighter pay, we can all agree its setup as a 'winner take all' scenario where the champion is eligible for PPV points and drastically higher payouts.

That means the belt is literally the carrot at the end of the stick keeping these guys driving forward, certainly the veterans who are currently contenders.

If you consider that there is no longer any semblance of meritocracy related to title shots, this should be a huge turnoff for guys like Jacare. If I'm in his position, I'm also thinking about moving on with my career.

Threetrees likes this.
  20. Quebec Nick Orange Belt

Quebec Nick
    What, they can't fight anymore, they can't just book a fight and actually fight if it's not for a title shot.

There's only one belt, the champ can get injured, he can be offered a ''special fight'', he can take some time off, he can be waiting for a contender to be ready.

The UFC have a schedule to book, very few fights can headline a PPV or a UFC on FOX card, they need to get things going, so any fights that are really big, like GSP VS Bisping, will be ahead of ''having to please a #4 ranked guy who threatens to retire''.

We need to stop whining about this guy is more deserving than this guy because he beat that guy... Most of the times, almost every title fight is against a top 5 contender or a special case of legends like Hendo or GSP. It's far form tune up fights

So all the top 5 contenders should just try to stay relevant by trying to book the biggest fight possible and if they do well and are crowd pleasing they 'll be able to headline a card and by that they won't even need to ask for a title shot.

Swarthy likes this.