Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot

Firstly, why is he going on about a title shot in the near future? He's next behind Romero and if Bisping beats GSP, it'll be a good while before he's next. How Bisping is to blame for any of this is nonsense. Souza was offered the Rockhold fight but couldn't take it because he was injured and Bisping stepped in.

If GSP wins, I can't see him fighting Romero which will make the belt vacant and you'd think that Romero and Souza would fight for it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC made Bisping and Romero because of the back and forth they had.

Souza's fans are going on like he has this sense of entitlement for a title shot soon when the next contender is clearly Romero and that Bisping has being ducking and dodging him and Romero - which is complete bollocks. The Henderson fight should never have happened, but people go on like he asked for it while conveniently forgetting he fought Rockhold with no real training camp.
I'm not going to look it up for you but Bisping has been offered 3 legit fights against 3 real contenders and DUCKED each of them:

Jacare (before the Hendo pen-ing)" I'm injured right now,I can't fight jacare"
Mousasi" nah, Bisping Mousasi is bad for business "
Romero " why should I fight guy who was popped for peds"

Jacare is an even more boring version of Maia. At least Maia speaks english fairly well and can be a backpack model. Just retire already Jacare not many people care.

<{monica}>

been calling for a grandprix

l@nd0

I know Dana hates the idea because of injuries, but as a fan, I would still rather see a GP with bullshit than none at all. Just book a few reserve fights.

Imagine if they released the 8/16 names for a tournament and gave the fans a week or two to submit their ideal seeds/matchups. Every March, I watch America go nuts over college basketball. Well, I think they should bring back the Kumite.

Jacare is an even more boring version of Maia. At least Maia speaks english fairly well and can be a backpack model. Just retire already Jacare not many people care.
He is a better version of Maia, you mean.

Fucking MW division...

I have been a fan of Jacare for ages, but he just needs to be patent And stay in line to get a titleshot. Too bad for him that GSP came back, but he is lucky that Bisping fights very often, so he will get his shot soon. (MB fought 3 guys in 8 months in 2016).. Imagine if it was Chris Weidman that was champ.. he had to wait 3-4 years to get a shot.

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

I want you guys to realize something

Evan Tanner went on a 3 fight winstreak at Middleweight to get his title shot

Rich Franklin went on a 2 fight winstreak to get his Middleweight title shot

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Michael Bisping went on a 3 fight winstreak to a title shit in the UFC

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.

In Fantasyland, the UFC would have done a MW GP for everyone other than Bisping and GSP.

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

If there was ever a reason to do a tournament (not that anybody should even need one), it's this MW clusterfuck.

3 of the 4 matchups are already booked. They are essentially doing a tournament (technically, they're always doing one), but they're not structuring it with brackets or promoting it and making something cool out of it.
So basically you want Yoel to clear out the division for Bisping.

With Jacare possibly retiring and Yoel sitting out, one of the strongest divisions will now suck. Great job WME.

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.

This post is both angry and accurate. I like it. And I like both Bisping and GSP. That fight only makes $$ sense though. No other.

Ufc is a joke Souza should already have had a title shot.

Gsp vs Bisping freaking wwe ashamed how far it has fallen.

Bring back 5 years ago please.

Bisping would slap him all over the cadge, yeah buddeh.

well, happy retirement Jacare, because many stars have to align if that is gonna happen within the 2 coming years.

*bisping loses against GSP and retires
*GSP directly vacates the belt
*Weidman loses to Mousasi and is thereby not available to fight for the vacated belt
*Rockhold is inuried

He needs to get a neck tat and wear sunglasses indoors.

That's the only path I can see to a title shot.

The UFC is so pathetic in the organization of fights, booking GSP for a title was plain dumb, Jacare deserves a shot even before Bisping got his. I will definetly not buy the UFC card with GSP on it.

In Fantasyland, the UFC would have done a MW GP for everyone other than Bisping and GSP.

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

If there was ever a reason to do a tournament (not that anybody should even need one), it's this MW clusterfuck.

3 of the 4 matchups are already booked. They are essentially doing a tournament (technically, they're always doing one), but they're not structuring it with brackets or promoting it and making something cool out of it.

Man that would be a killer tournament.

Ari Emanuel is already counting the money he'll save from making Jacare retire

Solid post. It is one of the reasons I went from buying every event when Anderson and Rampage were priming to refusing to give a dime to this shit show.

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

--------------

Jacare
Romero
Mousasi
Gastelum

------------

Jacare
Mousasi

----------

Jacare

Jacare vs (Bisping vs GSP) => Jacare vs GSP => Jacare

Jacare (before the Hendo pen-ing)" I'm injured right now,I can't fight jacare"

Hmmm. Are you sure you're not getting that confused with after the Henderson fight and it was against Romero? I do remember him saying he needed time off for surgery on his knee and the whole 'ducking Romero' chat started.

Mousasi" nah, Bisping Mousasi is bad for business "

He wasn't a legit contender at that time. He was speaking out saying he would beat Bisping easily - obviously trying to make some noise. I do remember Bisping saying something to the effect of him being boring personality wise. If Mousasi got a title shot off of beating Hall and Belfort over Romero and Souza - people would lose it.

Romero " why should I fight guy who was popped for peds"

Yeah, he said it a while back and then before GSP came along; he said he'd fight him. Romero wanted the fight on his terms, but that's when Bisping went in for surgery on his knee (which is why I think you confused him with Souza) He said he'd fight Romero straight after GSP - which is a bit daft to say as he possibly might not win or get injured.

Bisping has being the bridesmaid for a long time and kept coming back. What has he got to lose if Romero beats him? A belt and an L on his record. And by his own admission, he's near retirement. Everytime there's a new Champion they're always ducking someone and somehow have this great power that they can avoid fighting whomever they want.

Back