Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot

Lol-'ypu you read wrong (or I posted wrong)..other way around, mousasi was offered to coward and he said " nah, Bisping Mousasi is bad for business "
Please...moose would be a -270 favorite and turn Bisping s face into chopped meat and his bad eye ball may come popping out.
You said it- easy payday plus the title
Ah, that makes sense. Gonna be hysterical after all that ducking he ends up losing to a WW.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...e-middleweight-title-shot-retirement-mma-news

I’m happy to be fighting. But I have no problem stopping fighting,” Jacare said during a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro (via MMA Fighting). “I stopped competing in Jiu-Jitsu in 2005 when I was at the top of my career, and if I think it’s too much for me, that I’m full of it, I can stop fighting. That’s it. I can open my own gym, make as much money as I make fighting, and be happy. I have this dream of having my own gym, so I have no problem stopping fighting.”

"No, it doesn’t go through my mind to stop fighting, but if I get full of it, I can stop fighting,” he continued. "I can teach. I have this leverage. And I’m sure, I’ll have a lot of students. Do the math, 400 students training with me."

Full of it is the wrong translation.
Full (in Portuguese) means fed up.

What, they can't fight anymore, they can't just book a fight and actually fight if it's not for a title shot.

There's only one belt, the champ can get injured, he can be offered a ''special fight'', he can take some time off, he can be waiting for a contender to be ready.

The UFC have a schedule to book, very few fights can headline a PPV or a UFC on FOX card, they need to get things going, so any fights that are really big, like GSP VS Bisping, will be ahead of ''having to please a #4 ranked guy who threatens to retire''.

We need to stop whining about this guy is more deserving than this guy because he beat that guy... Most of the times, almost every title fight is against a top 5 contender or a special case of legends like Hendo or GSP. It's far form tune up fights

So all the top 5 contenders should just try to stay relevant by trying to book the biggest fight possible and if they do well and are crowd pleasing they 'll be able to headline a card and by that they won't even need to ask for a title shot.

You need to use your brain though.There's no "if" like you are making up.

Bisping fought Hendo.
Now Bisping is healthy enough to fight GSP, but when Jacare called him out, he claimed he was injured (healthy enough to fight GSP, but not Jacare).
And now he avoided Yoel and is fighting GSP....
Both (Hendo & GSP) were not even fighting at this division, and both are not top contenders.

Meanwhile, Jacare was a top contender and was supposed to receive a title shot before Luke.
But Luke leapfrogged him.

this is BS.
Fighters are in it to get to the top.
This cannot be treated only as a greedy show.

If the fight was scheduled and someone got hurt, people would understand.

But time after time, you make fights for the champion against not top contenders, the belt ceases to be valid. SImple as that

You need to use your brain though.There's no "if" like you are making up.

Bisping fought Hendo.
Now Bisping is healthy enough to fight GSP, but when Jacare called him out, he claimed he was injured (healthy enough to fight GSP, but not Jacare).
And now he avoided Yoel and is fighting GSP....
Both (Hendo & GSP) were not even fighting at this division, and both are not top contenders.

Meanwhile, Jacare was a top contender and was supposed to receive a title shot before Luke.
But Luke leapfrogged him.

this is BS.
Fighters are in it to get to the top.
This cannot be treated only as a greedy show.

If the fight was scheduled and someone got hurt, people would understand.

But time after time, you make fights for the champion against not top contenders, the belt ceases to be valid. SImple as that

What I'm saying is that this isn't like in boxing where you have champs fighting some top 10 guy on one of the 4 lists who is basically a top 15-20 in the world

Pretty much all the title fights are in the top 5 in the UFC with some rare exceptions like GSP and Hendo.

They have a company to run, they have dates to book, if they take anyone in the top 5, we shouldn't whine about it, it's still a legit fight. If the UFC decided it was this guy or that guy because of the calendar or because the guy is a bigger draw, why we just don't sit back and watch the show.

If a fighter feels it should be is turn, he just need to book a fight and show it

What I'm saying is that this isn't like in boxing where you have champs fighting some top 10 guy on one of the 4 lists who is basically a top 15-20 in the world

Pretty much all the title fights are in the top 5 in the UFC with some rare exceptions like GSP and Hendo.

They have a company to run, they have dates to book, if they take anyone in the top 5, we shouldn't whine about it, it's still a legit fight. If the UFC decided it was this guy or that guy because of the calendar or because the guy is a bigger draw, why we just don't sit back and watch the show.

If a fighter feels it should be is turn, he just need to book a fight and show it

this is not broadway, and you are not talking about a show.
This is supposed to be a sport and there's no picking and choosing who is next to the belt.
That's why there are rankings.

Everyone can understand one guy here or there jumping the line, or taking a fight as a replacement (like Bisping did himself).

But you can't ignore it forever.

And I am sorry, but claiming we should all bow to whatever UFC choses to do is just plain stupid.

We can agree or not with their assessment.

Most don't even like the fact Yoel is the top contender.

But we have the full right to not like the mockery of this sport for the sake of profit.

What, they can't fight anymore, they can't just book a fight and actually fight if it's not for a title shot.

There's only one belt, the champ can get injured, he can be offered a ''special fight'', he can take some time off, he can be waiting for a contender to be ready.

The UFC have a schedule to book, very few fights can headline a PPV or a UFC on FOX card, they need to get things going, so any fights that are really big, like GSP VS Bisping, will be ahead of ''having to please a #4 ranked guy who threatens to retire''.

We need to stop whining about this guy is more deserving than this guy because he beat that guy... Most of the times, almost every title fight is against a top 5 contender or a special case of legends like Hendo or GSP. It's far form tune up fights

So all the top 5 contenders should just try to stay relevant by trying to book the biggest fight possible and if they do well and are crowd pleasing they 'll be able to headline a card and by that they won't even need to ask for a title shot.

I don't really see the appeal in Bisping fighting a welterweight who has been retired for years. Should we see if Penn can come out of retirement to fight the champ next?

The whole "make your own push" formula should stay in sports entertainment where it belongs. There's no reason that guys who have won fights and done well shouldn't be given a title shot. That is how a sports organization is supposed to function.

He's right and he's not bluffing. He would make big $$$ opening his own BJJ/MMA gym.

Thats sad if true, but he is getting old now, he doesn't have long left even he kept fighting.

What an absolute joke.

Especially unfair because if he did get the title shot, he would 100% beat Bisping and become champ.

This can be said of Mousasi, Jacare, Weidman, and Yoel... I think Yoel is the best match-up of any of them, but still unlikely that Bisping beats him. And I say this as a Bisping fan... The Hendo fight... Sure, I was OK with it just to make sure he got that title defense that everyone said he couldn't get... But enough is enough.

While I like the GSP fight on paper, and I think its a fun fight... I feel bad for the division being held at a standstill and the top contenders who all deserve a shot have to fight each other now, eliminating the losers chances for a shot at the belt because they are coming off a loss...

UFC is such a fucking joke...Give him the damn shot.

Jacare is an even more boring version of Maia. At least Maia speaks english fairly well and can be a backpack model. Just retire already Jacare not many people care.

In what world is Jacare boring? Awesome ground game and pretty exciting standup. Not sure what more you want unless you mean the trashtalk shit that has nothing to do with fighting and is just meaningless drama.

Souza's fans are going on like he has this sense of entitlement for a title shot soon when the next contender is clearly Romero and that Bisping has being ducking and dodging him and Romero - which is complete bollocks. The Henderson fight should never have happened, but people go on like he asked for it while conveniently forgetting he fought Rockhold with no real training camp.

Difference is when he fought Rockhold he had nothing to lose. Since then he has absolutely avoided the top contenders.

lol byeeeeeee

I heard Anderson will get the winner of Bisping/GSP

{<jordan}

JK but it's definitely the direction the UFC is heading these days.

The only fight is against Romero, that was a close fight that he could win.

Difference is when he fought Rockhold he had nothing to lose. Since then he has absolutely avoided the top contenders.

That's true.

But the narrative some folk are saying, that he willingly avoided the top contenders is not true. The UFC/Dana can't physically make him fight anyone, but the people saying Bisping asked for the Henderson fight is daft.

The fight was a waste of time with Henderson as he was retiring and on account of who he'd fought prior to it being made. Henderson had nothing to lose going into that fight, too, considering it was his last one and he nearly KO'd him.

He did what most fighters do after they win a fight; took time off, did some media as the fight was held in England and then had his knee operated on. He'd be crazy to turn down the GSP fight. Any fighter who says they'd turn it down are outright lying.

Jacare Souza is definitely the uncrowned MW champ. After he beats Whittaker, UFC would probably feed him Luke or Romero. Can't be sure about whether he can get title shot even he beats Luke. SAD.

People who believe jacare would beat bisping are blinded with hate.. bisping is a bad match up for jacare .. rockhold would finish jacare in a rematch .. bisping is a great wrestler, good boxing , great stamina, great chin.. I'd take bisping > jacare . Bisping is so disrespected even though he has the best resume in mw history

Jacare is an even more boring version of Maia. At least Maia speaks english fairly well and can be a backpack model. Just retire already Jacare not many people care.
I don't really like Jacare but attitudes like this make me angry. Titles should be held by THE BEST and not the most entertaining fighters.

Back