Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...e-middleweight-title-shot-retirement-mma-news

I’m happy to be fighting. But I have no problem stopping fighting,” Jacare said during a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro (via MMA Fighting). “I stopped competing in Jiu-Jitsu in 2005 when I was at the top of my career, and if I think it’s too much for me, that I’m full of it, I can stop fighting. That’s it. I can open my own gym, make as much money as I make fighting, and be happy. I have this dream of having my own gym, so I have no problem stopping fighting.”

"No, it doesn’t go through my mind to stop fighting, but if I get full of it, I can stop fighting,” he continued. "I can teach. I have this leverage. And I’m sure, I’ll have a lot of students. Do the math, 400 students training with me."

Fuck Bisping. If Romero didn't get a title shot then Jacare has no hope.

Maybe he's trying to send a message to the UFC give me a Title shot or I leave as i have other options then fighting for you ( UFC)

What an absolute joke.

Especially unfair because if he did get the title shot, he would 100% beat Bisping and become champ.

Some people desperately want this man to fight and lose before he gets his title shot. I hope he waits

Maybe he's trying to send a message to the UFC give me a Title shot or I leave as i have other options then fighting for you ( UFC)

The situation at MW will just continue to get more muddy if we have to wait for fall for GSP/Bisping I think, which sucks even more. Romero, soon Mousasi, Jacare, Luke if he can come back and get a big win will all have legit claims to the belt and there are rumors that if Anderson beats Kelvin he could be next in line.

The situation at MW will just continue to get more muddy if we have to wait for fall for GSP/Bisping I think, which sucks even more. Romero, soon Mousasi, Jacare, Luke if he can come back and get a big win will all have legit claims to the belt and there are rumors that if Anderson beats Kelvin he could be next in line.
it's going to be like the Light weight championship with deserving contenders having to face off rather then all getting a title shot .

Fuck Bisping. If Romero didn't get a title shot then Jacare has no hope.
WME are the desperate ones sticking GSP in there to hotshot a buyrate. Bisping of course is happy to face the smaller easier opponent.

dana_white_clown.jpg

With those 5 sharks at mw and now MAYBE kelvin, what's going on at 185 is a complete disaster.Bispings 2 punches at UFC 199 will end up holding division hostage for , maybe, over 20 ppvs.This could span 2 -,2 and a half years.

How can the UFC allow this.Jacare was very good/ great in SForce.He has evolved to ELITE at the start of his UFC career and isn't getting younger.Im a Mousasi supporter and jacare has,obviously, gone above the merit of a title shot.His fight with Yoel was basically a draw.....the 3 judges that night had Yoel s hand raised.That fight couldve went either way with any other set of 3 judges.

In Fantasyland, the UFC would have done a MW GP for everyone other than Bisping and GSP.

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

If there was ever a reason to do a tournament (not that anybody should even need one), it's this MW clusterfuck.

3 of the 4 matchups are already booked. They are essentially doing a tournament (technically, they're always doing one), but they're not structuring it with brackets or promoting it and making something cool out of it.

I have been a fan of Jacare for ages, but he just needs to be patent And stay in line to get a titleshot. Too bad for him that GSP came back, but he is lucky that Bisping fights very often, so he will get his shot soon. (MB fought 3 guys in 8 months in 2016).. Imagine if it was Chris Weidman that was champ.. he had to wait 3-4 years to get a shot.

Firstly, why is he going on about a title shot in the near future? He's next behind Romero and if Bisping beats GSP, it'll be a good while before he's next. How Bisping is to blame for any of this is nonsense. Souza was offered the Rockhold fight but couldn't take it because he was injured and Bisping stepped in.

If GSP wins, I can't see him fighting Romero which will make the belt vacant and you'd think that Romero and Souza would fight for it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC made Bisping and Romero because of the back and forth they had.

Souza's fans are going on like he has this sense of entitlement for a title shot soon when the next contender is clearly Romero and that Bisping has being ducking and dodging him and Romero - which is complete bollocks. The Henderson fight should never have happened, but people go on like he asked for it while conveniently forgetting he fought Rockhold with no real training camp.

Sadly I think it will end up being Romero vs. Jacare 2 for another BS Interim title which will then be defended against the winner of Mousai & Weidman, whilst Bisping & GSP winner defends against Anderson (If he wins) & then a unification match early 2018.

In Fantasyland, the UFC would have done a MW GP for everyone other than Bisping and GSP.

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

If there was ever a reason to do a tournament (not that anybody should even need one), it's this MW clusterfuck.

3 of the 4 matchups are already booked. They are essentially doing a tournament (technically, they're always doing one), but they're not structuring it with brackets or promoting it and making something cool out of it.
<{monica}>

been calling for a grandprix

I am a huge GSP fan and couldn't give a rat's ass about Yoel, Jacare or Bisping but I think this title fight is complete bullshit.

I'd rather GSP go for the WW belt instead. This whole situation is a little off-putting for me.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the UFC will just throw out a few interim titles if GSP/Bisping drags on just to keep everyone happy. It seems to be their solution for stalling divisions for pointless money fights. So just give Jacare a fake title, maybe that will shut him up, beacuase as we know, they need the real title for challengers from different divisions. I don't know, maybe their plan is to let some of the top guys leave, so their cash cow Bisping and GSP will actually have a chance to defend the belt, not that that would happen anytime soon.

As a Whittaker fan I am loving all this from Jacare. He is looking straight past Rob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back