Jacare Souza: I have no problem retiring if I don’t get title shot

Thus the problem continues when you schedule fighting based on "stock" vs fighters deserving title shots

Jacare is an even more boring version of Maia. At least Maia speaks english fairly well and can be a backpack model. Just retire already Jacare not many people care.

Wow man, you don't like MMA do you?

Jacare
Whitaker
Rockhold
Romero
Weidman
Mousasi
Gastelum
Anderson

--------------

Jacare
Romero
Mousasi
Gastelum

------------

Jacare
Mousasi

----------

Jacare

Jacare vs (Bisping vs GSP) => Jacare vs GSP => Jacare
Good picks. I could it see it playing out like that, aside from that ending. Before Jacare can sign the contract to fight GSP, they will announce that RICH FRANKLIN IS COMING BACK TO RECLAIM HIS TITLE!!!! (pending USADA eligibility, to be determined in 4-19 months)

Good picks. I could it see it playing out like that, aside from that ending. Before Jacare can sign the contract to fight GSP, they will announce that RICH FRANKLIN IS COMING BACK TO RECLAIM HIS TITLE!!!! (pending USADA eligibility, to be determined in 4-19 months)
this is a thread worthy idea I think

Fuck these money fights and give the legit contenders their title shot!!!

MW is a mess, but I think Jacare is being a bit melodramatic here. Romero has a much better claim than he does and has been passed up twice now. At the time of the Bisping -Henderson 2 fight, Jacare wasn't deserving of a title shot.

Hmmm. Are you sure you're not getting that confused with after the Henderson fight and it was against Romero? I do remember him saying he needed time off for surgery on his knee and the whole 'ducking Romero' chat started.

He wasn't a legit contender at that time. He was speaking out saying he would beat Bisping easily - obviously trying to make some noise. I do remember Bisping saying something to the effect of him being boring personality wise. If Mousasi got a title shot off of beating Hall and Belfort over Romero and Souza - people would lose it.

Yeah, he said it a while back and then before GSP came along; he said he'd fight him. Romero wanted the fight on his terms, but that's when Bisping went in for surgery on his knee (which is why I think you confused him with Souza) He said he'd fight Romero straight after GSP - which is a bit daft to say as he possibly might not win or get injured.

Bisping has being the bridesmaid for a long time and kept coming back. What has he got to lose if Romero beats him? A belt and an L on his record. And by his own admission, he's near retirement. Everytime there's a new Champion they're always ducking someone and somehow have this great power that they can avoid fighting whomever they want.
" people would lose it"... He was the #5 ranked fighter and would be a -270 favorite over him for Christ's sake...
No - they wouldn't,lol

He fought a 72 year old and 14th ranked Henderson and is now fighting a welter

.....and I'm not confused with anything ,pal.Michael Bisping might go down as the 1st official champion that has officially FLAT OUT DUCKED contenders amongst fans and fighters alike.

" people would lose it"... He was the #5 ranked fighter and would be a -270 favorite over him for Christ's sake...
No - they wouldn't,lol

Using rankings is silly. They mean nothing. I can't really debate on what you hypothesize what his odds would be in a fight with Bisping - even that means nothing. You don't think Mousasi getting a title shot over Romero or Souza would cause people to lose it? Seriously.

He fought a 72 year old and 14th ranked Henderson and is now fighting a welter

.....and I'm not confused with anything ,pal.Michael Bisping might go down as the 1st official champion that has officially FLAT OUT DUCKED contenders amongst fans and fighters alike

Seeing as you're hypothesizing; how do you think Bisping is allowed to duck contenders? Please, give us your breakdown on how that goes when he meets with the UFC.

As for fighting GSP - GSP came out and said he "picked Bisping" for his return fight because he admires him for being outspoken against juice heads, he's a draw and will make Bisping a lot of money.

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

I want you guys to realize something

Evan Tanner went on a 3 fight winstreak at Middleweight to get his title shot

Rich Franklin went on a 2 fight winstreak to get his Middleweight title shot

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Michael Bisping went on a 3 fight winstreak to a title shit in the UFC

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.

Wooow... you Are really mad about this. Of course we all agree with you, but it is really not special with Jacare. We have seen the same treatment vs Maia, Maynard And I am sure hundreds of other great fighters that Are hard to market..

but.. of course it is bad luck that Hendo was retiering, And GSP came back just at the same time... Jacare will get his shot in early 2018 if he is patient. Nothing to do about it.

Patient? He's 7-1 in the UFC, with his 1 loss being a split decision to Yoel Romero who cheated blatantly and most people still think Souza won. If he beats Whittaker, he'll be 8-1 in the UFC, he's fucking 37 years old...How much more patient can he be at this point?

Romero is 39, he'll be 40 by the time he gets(if) his title shot. He's 8-0 in the UFC and has fought the who's who at 185lbs during this run. What more can he possibly do for a title shot himself?

Anderson Silva won 1 fight at Middleweight in the UFC to get a Middleweight title shot

Chris Weidman went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Luke Rockhold went on a 4 fight winstreak in the UFC to get his Middleweight title shot

Meanwhile Jacare Souza went on a 5 fight winstreak in the UFC at Middleweight and got no title shot, he's now 7-1 ( 6 of which are finishes) in the UFC with his only loss being a split decision to the number 1 Middleweight Yoel Romero. Jacare has 3 top 10 wins at Middleweight in the UFC and Robert Whittaker will make 4 top 10 wins and a 8-1 UFC record at Middleweight, Souza is 37 years old.

Yoel Romero has won 8 consecutive fights at Middleweight in the UFC, ( 6 of which are finishes ) and 4 of the 8 wins are against top 10 Middleweights and 2 of which were former champions in the UFC. Yoel Romero is 39 years old and has been ranked the number 1 contender for over a year now.

Literally the two most worthy Middleweight contender's in MMA history and neither of them have yet to get a title shot. It's a fucking joke, I have every reason to believe they are trying to age these men out because they are old, foreigners that don't speak english or have marketable enough looks, it's fucking disgusting. The UFC does not want to give them title shots.

Great post man and agree with everything.. WME fucked the MW division, and screwed over Yoel and Jacare at the same time.

Then again Zuffa was doing the same thing with them..

WME are the desperate ones sticking GSP in there to hotshot a buyrate. Bisping of course is happy to face the smaller easier opponent.
There is no desperation. They are simply maximizing there buy rates. They don't give a shit about the 'integrity of the sport', but neither had Zuffa for years.

On subject, Jacare makes me like him a little more with these kinds of comments. I hope he does what he wants!

Jacare, Romero and Maia- the best wrestler and two best BJJ practitioners on the roster have all been denied rightful title shots because of the "moneyfight" era. They're all nearing 40 too, so we are being denied their last chance at greatness.

Sadly I think it will end up being Romero vs. Jacare 2 for another BS Interim title which will then be defended against the winner of Mousai & Weidman, whilst Bisping & GSP winner defends against Anderson (If he wins) & then a unification match early 2018.

That sounds about right.

Using rankings is silly. They mean nothing. I can't really debate on what you hypothesize what his odds would be in a fight with Bisping - even that means nothing. You don't think Mousasi getting a title shot over Romero or Souza would cause people to lose it? Seriously.

Seeing as you're hypothesizing; how do you think Bisping is allowed to duck contenders? Please, give us your breakdown on how that goes when he meets with the UFC.

As for fighting GSP - GSP came out and said he "picked Bisping" for his return fight because he admires him for being outspoken against juice heads, he's a draw and will make Bisping a lot of money.
Wait a minute, the only only people who would have a problem would be jacare and his fans cause he beat him 2 years ago and jacare ,himself, would feel 1000% better if Mousasi got shot over what Bisping has fought and is about to fight.....hes the #5 ranked middleweight who's 7-1 in his last 8 for Christ's sake.
What's wrong with you ?

As far as ducking ? really dude?
He d be a significant underdog to the top 5 fighters---yet he wants to fight diaz,Henderson,Anderson and Gsp.

Do I have to put my kid gloves on and treat you like a layman?

I'm asking nicely, don't respond while you're not ahead......please, pretty please with sugar on top.
Thank you

he is close but Romero is still ahead of him
if Jacare beats Whittaker then his best bet should be to wait to face the winner of Bisping/Romero assuming GSP doesn't fuck everything up

Hope Whittaker beats some sense into him, like Kelvin will to Anderson

Middleweight will clear up soon. War Weidman, just leaves Luke as a big question mark

Great post! Really puts it in perspective

The situation at MW will just continue to get more muddy if we have to wait for fall for GSP/Bisping I think, which sucks even more. Romero, soon Mousasi, Jacare, Luke if he can come back and get a big win will all have legit claims to the belt and there are rumors that if Anderson beats Kelvin he could be next in line.
I don't know why, but ever since Bisping won this belt they have been fucking around with it. He is set to make his second defence against non deserving non ranked competition while the UFC puts clear legit contenders on ice.

MW is a mess, but I think Jacare is being a bit melodramatic here. Romero has a much better claim than he does and has been passed up twice now. At the time of the Bisping -Henderson 2 fight, Jacare wasn't deserving of a title shot.

At the time that fight, Yoel was though iirc
So by now Jacare would probably be next in line. I don't think he'd have much of a problem if it was Bisping/Yoel being set. Must suck to know you're second in line (for most people) then a guy leapfrogs with the possibility of others doing the same

Melodrama to make a point seems to be not the worst strategy here.

Back