Is Conor diet a "paleo" type of diet? That might explain the fatigue.

Running is a shit exercise that is shit for you.

The idea that you need to run for good cardio is absurd. You can put the time in for the endurance with a myriad of other exercises, you just need to make sure those other exercises utilize a lot of your muscles, and that they give you the ability to push hard and go long.

That’s all running is about when you’re talking about “needing to run for good cardio”. You don’t need to run, you just need to push your endurance with whatever cardio exercise you’re doing.

He was trying to bulk up.

How can you be this fucking retarded?

ueek0ub3p0uy.jpg

Too much red meat will give you colon cancer.

You have to be wise with your diet.

Eating 5 big macs a day is nothing to brag about tough guy. It's pretty pathetic if eating at McDonald's is the only thing you have to confirm your masculinity to yourself lmfao.

Last edited:
Like who I'll check it out because I hate running.

GSP doesn’t do any running besides sprints, and he does that for explosiveness. He said on a countdown once that his cardio is just tons and tons of rounds, and actually simulating the fight.

I was watching an old video of Conor during his preparation for the Diaz fight and notice that his diet has lots of red meat, he seems to be a meat lover, he was talking about how super high prime was his beef and even showed in camera and he even called his diet the “endless steak” diet. I wonder if this “paleo” type of diet was just for the Diaz fight or this is his “normal” diet? If this is how he actually eats then that might explain his fatigue during rounds.

Btw not making excuses for him (not a fan) but when I tried this diet i felt fatigued all the time.

its all a load of bollocks because he's a tiny insignificant man trying to act macho. he was no longer trying to make 145 and was fighting at welterweight so he decided to try and make a weak publicity motif out of it. i'm sure that he wasn't eating endless steak, he's a compulsive liar. you cant make a story of "i'm having a couple extra steaks a day to put on weight but the usual oatmeal, kale and blueberries are still there." everything with him is fake, he poses on top of rolls royce cars and then the company that he rented it from flags up to the press that its only a rental and they want compensated for him standing on the bonnet. everything - EVERYTHING - is fake

i bet there are little conor plebs out there who actually had a steak for breakfast and a steak for lunch so they could be like the one true manlet goat

Running and its' benefits are certainly not a myth, but the claim that "you cannot have elite cardio without roadwork" is.

I agree but isnt it the most effective? How many hours of biking for the same cardio benefits of a single 1 hour run? How many swimming?

How is it bro science when all the elite fighters with insane cardio talk about how much they run? Tony runs at big bear. Floyd Runs every night but sunday and so on. Guys that don't run and try rowing, biking and other shit tank from what I seen.

Aren't you forgetting basically every athletes in the world outside of mma? I mean, are we really saying running generally speaking is not the best training for endurance?

Running is necessary for fighters, it is an old knowledge in boxing that every great fighter used.

Carl Froch was also running all the time and probably had the best cardio out of any fighter in this generation.

This is what Carl Froch has to say:

"I hate running, but when you get to this level, if you aren’t prepared to become a semi-professional runner, you might as well quit. Running is your bread and butter: the core fitness from which everything else is built. When I train, I probably run five times a week, and this is anything from 80-metre sprints to full-on 10ks. I can now do six miles in less than 40 minutes, which is an extremely fast time for someone carrying so much muscle. Young boxers might find it a massive kick in the balls when they realise what’s required to become champion, but it all pays off in the ring."

Carl Froch had insane, legendary cardio. It's still one of my favorite moments in combat sports when he broke Jermain Taylor mentally and physically with his superior cardio and finished him with seconds to go in a fight he was losing on points:

It has been proven time and time again that the old school boxing training is the best when it comes to cardio and endurance. All this modern "scientific" BS doesn't work in fighting.

Do you believe any of what you wrote? That's broscience to the highest degree possible. And Froch is talking out of his ass. All cardio done at the same intensity trains the same system. I'm a former semi-elite runner who has since put on a lot of muscle mass and I can still run a 10k in 36 minutes easy. I find it easier to get my heart rate in the VO2 Max range on a bike due to resistance, so the whole notion is fucking stupid.

Running is not the best cardio for MMA. Simulating the fight is. It's the truth. When I got back into boxing my cardio was pure dog shit, couldn't run a mile. Was gassed in a round of boxing. But starting doing endless rounds on the heavy bag, jump rope, and more and more sparring, and my cardio when up exponentially without even running much. Train sport specific

In my experience, just spar and hit pads and bags hard for 4-minute rounds (or 6 minutes if you’re an MMA guy). You’ll be unstoppable.

And yet connor spent 350k on a training camp when you had cracked the case already. Hey connor hit the bag for 6 minutes. You ll be fine in the 3rd and 4th.
Ah well...

Do you believe any of what you wrote? That's broscience to the highest degree possible. And Froch is talking out of his ass. All cardio done at the same intensity trains the same system. I'm a former semi-elite runner who has since put on a lot of muscle mass and I can still run a 10k in 36 minutes easy. I find it easier to get my heart rate in the VO2 Max range on a bike due to resistance, so the whole notion is fucking stupid.

You're the one writting broscience, I'm the one sticking to what every single elite fighter in boxing has been doing sine forever.

Carl Froch had the best cardio out of any fighter in the 00s so he must have been doing something right.

Hell, I'd say swimming long distance and sprints sounds more logical for fighter's cardio than running.

And the logic is based on? Care to share your data and analysis? Do you know how long you have to swim to gain the same effect of a 5 miles run to start with?

The only thing I want to know about Conor, is if he actually nuts up.... comes back and inevitably loses to either Khabib or Ferguson.
He has been out so long now the ring rust would be a huge factor

Ive been following a vegan diet for over a year now, and my cardio has gone through the roof. Before as a meat eater ive would run 2 miles in 14 mins 30 secs. Now i can run it in 12 mins
You don't know what an extra year of training while consuming meat would've brought you. So hard to make this claim.

And the logic is based on? Care to share your data and analysis? Do you know how long you have to swim to gain the same effect of a 5 miles run to start with?
Swimming sucks, you get dry skin and hair and it is like simulated drowning.

You see all the elites putting in miles of roadwork and to date I've only seen conor run once. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort also don't run and look how tired they get.
Frankie Edgar doesn' run much. Says his cardio comes from crazy circuits and swinging hammers and shit

And the fact you were a former pro elite runner is just a proof of the benefit of running that you are still enjoying. If you didnt run as a elite you would not ve able to do what you are doing now with the increased mass.

MMA is full of broscience idiots who believe things like running isn't good for fighters and things like that, just look at this thread.

That's why MMA fighters have shit cardio compared to boxers who stick to the proven old school training methods that have been around for generations.

Ngannou and Conor are the prime example of that. They trained in some broscience UFC performance institute and ended up with a worse cardio than boxing hobbyists in my gym.

Back