Is Conor diet a "paleo" type of diet? That might explain the fatigue.

I started running 4-5 days a week, both aerobically and in intervals at higher speed months ago.
Now, my sparring cardio is literally the same as before. The one thing that does noticeably help my gas tank is bagwork. Rounds upon rounds of hitting the bag.
Running is a myth. I only do it because I feel good and my leg muscles get slightly stronger.
It may depend on the individual.

For myself running was always incredible for my cardio but I need to put at least 5 miles to make it count. Bagwork and plyometrics are also amazing.

Regarding the diet.. It may be. But you would think Conor being smart and rich as he is should be surrounded by people who knows what they are doing with his diet. Maybe he does not put the work, or maybe it is something about his genetics. Not everybody is built the same and not everybody can have that Nick Diaz cardio.

I think Conor cant run. knees, ankles or something. Nothing like running to improve cardio. Watch floyd and other eilte boxers 5-7 miles of road work a day.

I did 6 mile of road work almost every day for 15 years, until i was 32. Now at 37 my ankles and hips are fucked. That's with me stretching properly every day too.

That alone gets old Man Floyd my utmost respect. The fact that he can still do that shit every day in his 40s is incredible mental dedication indeed.

Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

Running is just one way of conditioning yourself cardiovascularly among others. I have no idea why the activity has reached such a mythical status in the combat sports bubble, but it's pretty persistent considering this broscience is still being echoed even by some elite boxing trainers.

Running and its' benefits are certainly not a myth, but the claim that "you cannot have elite cardio without roadwork" is.

Roadwork is a mental thing. Getting up in the pitch dark at 4.30am like Tyson, whatever the weather is great for digging deep in a fight.

Regards to the physical effect, its high impact and requires much more ergonomic output than most other forms of cardio such as cycling, even swimming. The impact on the body i think translates well to combat sports conditioning in particular IMO.

It depends (hip misalignment/etc.).
Back then they said (maybe they are still saying that), that asphalt would be bad for jogging, but there is no serious study or they say its bad for the knee joint and the other side claims the complete opposite. Sport science is "horseshit" and thats one of the reasons why my uncle (Germany) dropped out of his sports studies and studied physics instead.

A beginner should never train like Floyd. Keep it simple. Dont overestimate yourself and everything is fine. At the end of the day its up to you.

Anyway ... 1000 people = 1000 different oppinions = 500 different studies
<6>

I am like your uncle. I switched from sport science during my second year at uni. Sports science has built zero world champions in any sport, anywhere, ever.

Unless you count designing steroids as sports science.

It depends (hip misalignment/etc.).
Back then they said (maybe they are still saying that), that asphalt would be bad for jogging, but there is no serious study or they say its bad for the knee joint and the other side claims the complete opposite. Sport science is "horseshit" and thats one of the reasons why my uncle (Germany) dropped out of his sports studies and studied physics instead.

A beginner should never train like Floyd. Keep it simple. Dont overestimate yourself and everything is fine. At the end of the day its up to you.

Anyway ... 1000 people = 1000 different oppinions = 500 different studies
<6>
Even when studies disagree, that only means more studies should be done. It probably means that there's a nuance to it. For example running is bad for certain groups of people, good for others.

In the end, a meta-analysis that pools together the results of multiple studies could also clear up the findings. Scientifically speaking it should be relatively easy to do so.

It's not that much different from different quantum theories that are competing. Time will tell which view is correct.

I don't disagree with you though. Everyone should find out what works for him.

MMa is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical.

You give 100 per cent in the first 4 rounds, and if that isn't enough in the last round you give what's left.

Conor cant even give 70% after the second round. That's 100% physical reasons has nothing to do with the mind.

You see all the elites putting in miles of roadwork and to date I've only seen conor run once. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort also don't run and look how tired they get.

I think Dan used to use an exercise bike for cardio because running bothered his knees.

I think it comes down to a few things.

1. He has bad knees, so he isn't seen doing much running.

2. Most of his ufc fights were at FW, where he damn near had to kill himself to make the cut.

3. His other UFC fights are at WW, where he had to bulk up a bit and didn't cut any weight so he was probably carrying to much mass.

LW is his optimal weight class, and he looked phenomenal against Eddie. I'm not going to say he will have great cardio now but it should be better than it has ever been in the UFC.

Most of Sherdog won't see the truth in these, because they hate him, so they will just say he is lazy or that he sucks.

Back