Is Conor diet a "paleo" type of diet? That might explain the fatigue.

My mom's into yoga and a healthy lifestyle.

She said that Paleo isn't good because animal meat is bad for you and cause health problems.

That's probably why he has low cardio. He needs to eat more kale. Like the ones they sell at Whole Foods.

-Kenny

The fatigue you experienced may be a result of your body trying to adapt. I'm no expert though.

Veggies make you jump higher

conor-mcgregor-cant-jump.jpg

I think Conor cant run. knees, ankles or something. Nothing like running to improve cardio. Watch floyd and other eilte boxers 5-7 miles of road work a day.
I started running 4-5 days a week, both aerobically and in intervals at higher speed months ago.
Now, my sparring cardio is literally the same as before. The one thing that does noticeably help my gas tank is bagwork. Rounds upon rounds of hitting the bag.
Running is a myth. I only do it because I feel good and my leg muscles get slightly stronger.

I started running 4-5 days a week, both aerobically and in intervals at higher speed months ago.
Now, my sparring cardio is literally the same as before. The one thing that does noticeably help my gas tank is bagwork. Rounds upon rounds of hitting the bag.
Running is a myth. I only do it because I feel good and my leg muscles get slightly stronger.

Running is not a myth lol. Just because you didnt feel one of the many benefits of running doesn't mean it's a myth.

Go watch some pro boxer embeds like floyds... It's not like they don't do 6 hours in the gym as well with bag work and sparring - they top it off with a run. He runs at like 3 am with a SUV of bodyguards behind him because Vegas is like 95 degree cool at that hour.

You see all the elites putting in miles of roadwork and to date I've only seen conor run once. Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort also don't run and look how tired they get.
Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

Running is just one way of conditioning yourself cardiovascularly among others. I have no idea why the activity has reached such a mythical status in the combat sports bubble, but it's pretty persistent considering this broscience is still being echoed even by some elite boxing trainers.

Running is not a myth lol. Just because you didnt feel one of the many benefits of running doesn't mean it's a myth.
Running and its' benefits are certainly not a myth, but the claim that "you cannot have elite cardio without roadwork" is.

Gotta agree with this

Running is such a waste of time

How’s running gonna help you in a fight? (unless your name is Carlos condit)

He rides that stationary bike too much...i watch a grandpa at my gym do six miles a day on one of those and he never even breaks a sweat

Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

Running is just one way of conditioning yourself cardiovascularly among others. I have no idea why the activity has reached such a mythical status in the combat sports bubble, but it's pretty persistent considering this broscience is still being echoed even by some elite boxing trainers.

Running and its' benefits are certainly not a myth, but the claim that "you cannot have elite cardio without roadwork" is.

How is it bro science when all the elite fighters with insane cardio talk about how much they run? Tony runs at big bear. Floyd Runs every night but sunday and so on. Guys that don't run and try rowing, biking and other shit tank from what I seen.

I think it's more like no one likes running compared to alternatives and bargain.

Go watch some pro boxer embeds like floyds... It's not like they don't do 6 hours in the gym as well with bag work and sparring - they top it off with a run. He runs at like 3 am with a SUV of bodyguards behind him because Vegas is like 95 degree cool at that hour.
He would have the same cardiovascular ability if he substituted running with something more sport-specific.
Many pro fighters forgo running and have stellar endurance regardless.

He would have the same cardiovascular ability if he substituted running with something more sport-specific.
Many pro fighters forgo running and have stellar endurance regardless.
Like who I'll check it out because I hate running.

How is it bro science when all the elite fighters with insane cardio talk about how much they run? Tony runs at big bear. Floyd Runs every night but sunday and so on. Guys that don't run and try rowing, biking and other shit tank from what I seen.

I think it's more like no one likes running compared to alternatives and bargain.
How is it broscience? Because it has no actual scientific basis behind it and the arguments for it are generally anecdotal, like the one you just brought up (Floyd, Tony).

"All the elite fighters with insane cardio run - therefore to achieve insane cardio, you have to run" is not a logically sound statement - even if you went out of your way and actually managed to prove that every single elite fighter with insane cardio does run, which is not something that I believe to be true.

Running is necessary for fighters, it is an old knowledge in boxing that every great fighter used.

Carl Froch was also running all the time and probably had the best cardio out of any fighter in this generation.

This is what Carl Froch has to say:

"I hate running, but when you get to this level, if you aren’t prepared to become a semi-professional runner, you might as well quit. Running is your bread and butter: the core fitness from which everything else is built. When I train, I probably run five times a week, and this is anything from 80-metre sprints to full-on 10ks. I can now do six miles in less than 40 minutes, which is an extremely fast time for someone carrying so much muscle. Young boxers might find it a massive kick in the balls when they realise what’s required to become champion, but it all pays off in the ring."

Carl Froch had insane, legendary cardio. It's still one of my favorite moments in combat sports when he broke Jermain Taylor mentally and physically with his superior cardio and finished him with seconds to go in a fight he was losing on points:

It has been proven time and time again that the old school boxing training is the best when it comes to cardio and endurance. All this modern "scientific" BS doesn't work in fighting.

Back